+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is Cleric still the badass solo class for one button macro's?

Default Is Cleric still the badass solo class for one button macro's?

Years and I mean many years ago Cleric was my fav class because I'm personally a simple man and I enjoyed how simple / easy the class was. If I recalled I had a Aoe macro and a 1 target macro.

Is this the same thing still? I think was called something cell? Energy Cell? Energizer?

Could you help point me to the right sub class for the Cleric / build.

Thanks.
    Check Out My 2017 Let's Play Series (Giveaway Every 5th Episodes 1/5/10/15/etc)
    Cleric - 2017 -Starting from level 1 Zone to Zone exploring / Questing.
    Old Content:
    Cleric - 2014 | Warrior - 2013 | Random - 2011

Rift Disciple

I take it you jumped the Primalist wagon, but in any case Shaman, Inquisitor and Druid are viable classes for leveling. Defiler might be an option too, but I never messed with it much.

As for the remaining, then I have no clue what "Energizer" you're talking about. Sounds more like a Rogue Tactical thing maybe.
    The Pack - Sanzor - Cleric
    Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Gharn View Post
    I take it you jumped the Primalist wagon, but in any case Shaman, Inquisitor and Druid are viable classes for leveling. Defiler might be an option too, but I never messed with it much.

As for the remaining, then I have no clue what "Energizer" you're talking about. Sounds more like a Rogue Tactical thing maybe.
    I kind of want to try Primalist because never played it and done cleric many times but It does not look like I will get to play Primalist anyways so I guess Cleric it will be
    Old Content:

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Hart View Post
    Years and I mean many years ago Cleric was my fav class because I'm personally a simple man and I enjoyed how simple / easy the class was. If I recalled I had a Aoe macro and a 1 target macro.

Is this the same thing still? I think was called something cell? Energy Cell? Energizer?

Thanks.
    Simple man here too, I can relate. For me personally, dealing change is the hardest.

You're referring to the Durecell builds? Yeah, those are long gone. Maybe for leveling only. Though they were hybrids of Justicar/Shaman/Inquisitor.

If you want to do lots of DPS with one button, then you should try Mage instead of Cleric. My undergeared 1-button mage easily does almost twice the DPS then any of my fragile 24-button Clerics.
    Last edited by Xlavius; 05-15-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Shadowlander

Duracall, that's what it's name was - Some call it Druidicar these days; but they use a completely different point spread...

It's slower on the dps than other options, but it is still perfectly viable, yes. With some gear, you can even tank experts with it just fine. And druids Resounding Blow legendary nicely compliments all of justicars stuff, including Even Justice.

Defiler/Cab I found to be more fun for leveling. - Plenty of aoe cleave, and the combo of miserly > AA for a 30% heal every other gcd meant you pretty much couldnt die even with a dozen mobs on you and your totem. But, it does have a lot of DoT juggling.

Most... go 61 Shaman / x druid / x justicar. - You get enough healing from shamans Glory buff + Salvation + druids legendary fairy to tackle all the quest stuff.

Telaran

There's a new "Duracell" that people argue isn't because it's different but it keeps the same idea. Good for solo http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-lvl-70-a.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...0k-st-dps.html

This 1-button Shaman is still nice, not gonna make you top DPS, but if you're looking for simple PVE, this works

Plane Touched

Thanks.
    What are you planning on doing? Just straight pug pve and solo? Then yeah you are A OK with 1 button any class really. But if you want to play more things the game offers then other classes are easier and better actually. I suggest you play mage or warrior. I had a guildie who put his 9 year old to play warrior tempest before the nerfs. He played with 2 buttons and ended up top dps on QF boss.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 05-16-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    What are you planning on doing? Just straight pug pve and solo? Then yeah you are A OK with 1 button any class really. But if you want to play more things the game offers then other classes are easier and better actually. I suggest you play mage or warrior. I had a guildie who put his 9 year old to play warrior tempest before the nerfs. He played with 2 buttons and ended up top dps on QF boss.
    then your guildies should probably hit the dummies some more. Also stop making me look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Aayden View Post
    then your guildies should probably hit the dummies some more. Also stop making me look bad.
    2016 join date. You need a name change scroll for everyones sake. It is funny how you don't think tempest was that face roll to play. I am doing this guy a solid by telling him to play a class that isn't designed so bad and is over represented according to devs. bait as usual. And yes. I don't like top guilds who bring in rogue parses that don't reflect the true potential of that class. And if you actually knew something about anything no cleric or dev should rely on rogue players. So if you are QQ about me saying someone in a top guild didn't pull true rogue dps get over yourself... he didn't.

Some of us clerics who actually tested both classes know that rogue screwed us over more than a few times without real genuine parses with correct gear(broken NB with MS relic procs says hello. And procs from greaters in PvP from MM says hello.) State of cleric going into HK and MoM are two solid reasons never to trust rogues.

State of oracle, a payed soul, is worse than free support like archon and BM and BM can be played with mostly 1 button while the clunky top dps spec from oracle is actually 10 or more buttons(20+actually and does worse than BM and Archon). State of defiler a payed soul is badly designed and mostly irrelevant. State of runeshaper.. basically a wasted soul outside of the legendary IB. State of cab is worse AoE. All cleric payed souls are worse than other classes FOTM free souls.

If cleric is good somehow one day (which is possible), I expect massive QQ from every other class since how dumb down those classes were during SL/NT. ranger/sab, 1 button ele/pyro, 1 button para(and warlord), and jumpalist vs specs like druid remake,defiler remake and turretshaper says more than enough. I could start theorycrafting other classes but I won't so those classes continue to be spoiled. Even now with Shaman buff they are pretty good in pvp but worse than other classes like harb and sin and para stun lockers. Shaman is a good soul in PvE, but since OP wants 1 button spec and class to play its pretty obvious to me that other classes get spoiled with that sort of mechanic.

I bet the complaints about themever getting such faceroll playstyle will start rolling in because they are slightly better than they use to be but still less viable than other classes. Still free favor but you have to actually work a little bit harder to know when to get them to waste their burst with shaman and 2min cd from Inq.(no other class has 2min on their main cooldown.) And remember to remind the devs everytime they put a new item to have a correct drop rate of 25% on gear. Primalist is just another rogue not another actual class. it would be if they had a different set of gear... maybe we can finally get correct drops for all classes one day and be on par with the rogues/primalist in our guild who have had some of the best drops with little to no spending of charges. It makes no sense at all to play cleric.
    With Clerics being a big support of tanking we still have OP justicar which should be the worse tank in the game and be designated as an off tank.. simply because they are "over represented." But I guess we get stuck with the same meta that broke cleric balance .. cleric tank being best progression tank.. its the only soul outside of warden that needs adjusting in the current meta.. Everything from support to being top ST healer in PvP not just number but by design should actually be where cleric is at and perfectly counter and counterbalanced with dps of other classes since its the most played role.

This is how you really fix Rift. Even if AoE heals is better in other class. Or split the other rogue and warrior into top dps, fully mobile tanks with design counters to favor one or the other with other classes rolls of off tanks. But not cleric tank should be used in progression if its a fact that cleric is over represented in raids you don't attack their dps specs to reduce them you attack their tank spec and AoE heal spec.. plain and simple...I would also say oracle but you payed for it so it should never be in this position... Chloro was already best for AoE healing in many encounters so it was basically the meta to use warden on niche fights, defiler was changed so it basically not a wasted raid spot and we needed to have cleric tank lose its battle rez so other tank is better in progression.. but we have different devs that have some other ideas I can't make any sense of.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 05-16-2017 at 10:51 PM.

I must be really intoxicated because I feel like the same person is having a conversation with the same person :O

I went cleric anyways. Anyone who dislikes that can bite it :P I'm having fun pewing with my shaman and questing.
    Old Content:

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Simple man here too, I can relate. For me personally, dealing change is the hardest.

You're referring to the Durecell builds? Yeah, those are long gone. Maybe for leveling only. Though they were hybrids of Justicar/Shaman/Inquisitor.

If you want to do lots of DPS with one button, then you should try Mage instead of Cleric. My undergeared 1-button mage easily does almost twice the DPS then any of my fragile 24-button Clerics.
    Yeah, simple Cleric here, too. I looove the 1-Button-Specs of Clerics, it makes the game much more fun. I mean why would I want to play a class that uses like 10+ Buttons or something, it's just a game after all so it should be fun and 1-Button Shaman is the most fun I've ever had! No need to think about this "rotation" thingy ppl keep on talking about. :DDD
    Last edited by Fia; 05-16-2017 at 10:15 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Yeah, simple Cleric here, too. I looove the 1-Button-Specs of Clerics, it makes the game much more fun. I mean why would I want to play a class that uses like 10+ Buttons or something, it's just a game after all so it should be fun and 1-Button Shaman is the most fun I've ever had! No need to think about this "rotation" thingy ppl keep on talking about. DD
    totally agree. There is something for everyone. Classes where you need a million buttons and classes that can be done with 1. Everyone wins a bit
    Old Content:

Plane Touched

I must be really intoxicated because I feel like the same person is having a conversation with the same person :O

I went cleric anyways. Anyone who dislikes that can bite it :P I'm having fun pewing with my shaman and questing.
    Read the spelling in the name I have the correct speilling and my join date is 2011. I am totally fine with someone not listening to a head start 6 year veteran. Your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Read the spelling in the name I have the correct speilling and my join date is 2011. I am totally fine with someone not listening to a head start 6 year veteran. Your loss.
    I read your warnings and many others. But then again I'm also reading Clerics are fine open world PvE players who enjoy questing / basic open world grinding. Almost everyone I tried talking to about it says this is true just not so when comes to raiding and such. If you told me another class and spec that out shines a Cleric in DPS/Survivability at all levels not just end game i might consider it. But I know very little and overall the masses seem to have stated that Cleric Shamans are actually quite decent for leveling just not raiding/group content as much.
    Old Content:

Shaman is most definitely one of the best solo classes that is without question. They pretty much always in burst mode, they have godmode toughness with legendary fairy healer, they can switch to aoe on the fly and still do good dps, and they can go from mob to mob with pretty much no down time.

In groups cleric dps still performs extremely well. If you're doing planar assaults, you can easily parse 400k+ with inquisitor or shaman on the "bosses" having only basic gear, and as for dungeons, if you know your class, you are viable. There is no group that will turn down a well played shaman for a dungeon.

Raids and pvp are where clerics fall behind. In pvp playing a shaman is basically suicide unless you have a pocket healer, and druid is just lolno for pvp too. Defiler and inq perform decent, and I'm not sure cleric healers are doing too well in pvp either, but idk.

Keep in mind, this is only for dps clerics, healing clerics will still always be valued in raids. Can you play purifier well? Congratz you have a raid spot. Also that "history" of clerics is missing a lot, for instance up until the defiler soul rework, literally you had to have a defiler in every raid. Period. No other calling had a -required- soul to be in raids. It's the sole reason behind the defiler rework. Purifier was also another -required- soul to have as part of the raid.

Having said all of this, could clerics use some buffs? Yeah, but so could a lot of souls currently. Clerics are in no way "bad", so I wouldn't buy into the negativity around them, especially if you don't pvp or raid exclusively. For 90% of the content in rift, clerics do extremely well.

A lot of clerics complain about inq dps, especially in pvp, but they forget inq has hands down the best, and most utility out of any ranged dps class in the entire game. Inq gets a purge, a knockback+snare that is OGCD, a 50%(25% in pvp) heal + speed bufff, the best aoe fear in the game, a 4sec 35m confuse, andddd an interrupt. Oh they also get a CC immunity buff. I mean srsly what don't inquisitors get for utility. Tell me of another ranged dps class that gets that much utility, because there isn't any. There isn't even a close second.

Inquisitor is good. Shaman is good. Could they use buffs? Yeah, but they are by no means in a bad state atm. The only cleric souls I would say that need a heavy looking into would be sentinel, druid, defiler, and oracle. That's IMO though.
    Last edited by Orochan; 05-17-2017 at 12:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii View Post
    Did you see any cleric in that pic?
    How come not if get got the op faeri?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast