+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is Cleric still the badass solo class for one button macro's?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    Shaman is most definitely one of the best solo classes that is without question. They pretty much always in burst mode, they have godmode toughness with legendary fairy healer, they can switch to aoe on the fly and still do good dps, and they can go from mob to mob with pretty much no down time.

In groups cleric dps still performs extremely well. If you're doing planar assaults, you can easily parse 400k+ with inquisitor or shaman on the "bosses" having only basic gear, and as for dungeons, if you know your class, you are viable. There is no group that will turn down a well played shaman for a dungeon.

Raids and pvp are where clerics fall behind. In pvp playing a shaman is basically suicide unless you have a pocket healer, and druid is just lolno for pvp too. Defiler and inq perform decent, and I'm not sure cleric healers are doing too well in pvp either, but idk.

Keep in mind, this is only for dps clerics, healing clerics will still always be valued in raids. Can you play purifier well? Congratz you have a raid spot. Also that "history" of clerics is missing a lot, for instance up until the defiler soul rework, literally you had to have a defiler in every raid. Period. No other calling had a -required- soul to be in raids. It's the sole reason behind the defiler rework. Purifier was also another -required- soul to have as part of the raid.

Having said all of this, could clerics use some buffs? Yeah, but so could a lot of souls currently. Clerics are in no way "bad", so I wouldn't buy into the negativity around them, especially if you don't pvp or raid exclusively. For 90% of the content in rift, clerics do extremely well.

A lot of clerics complain about inq dps, especially in pvp, but they forget inq has hands down the best, and most utility out of any ranged dps class in the entire game. Inq gets a purge, a knockback+snare that is OGCD, a 50%(25% in pvp) heal + speed bufff, the best aoe fear in the game, a 4sec 35m confuse, andddd an interrupt. Oh they also get a CC immunity buff. I mean srsly what don't inquisitors get for utility. Tell me of another ranged dps class that gets that much utility, because there isn't any. There isn't even a close second.

Inquisitor is good. Shaman is good. Could they use buffs? Yeah, but they are by no means in a bad state atm. The only cleric souls I would say that need a heavy looking into would be sentinel, druid, defiler, and oracle. That's IMO though.
    You're being cynical, right? I got kicked out of dungeon groups twice because my 380k (sustained) DPS was "way to low". Which is true. There even was a healer that was doing the same amount of DPS. A HEALER. I haven't had the nerves to roll for a dungeon ever since.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    You're being cynical, right? I got kicked out of dungeon groups twice because my 380k (sustained) DPS was "way to low". Which is true. There even was a healer that was doing the same amount of DPS. A HEALER. I haven't had the nerves to roll for a dungeon ever since.
    10 bucks says that Healer went DPS after tank said they'd be doing the healing. Pretty much everyone had the potential to track and heal experts in one speed

Ascendant

You have a lot of utility with inquisitor but the last playstyle of inq that used 4 channels and cast times made the utility irrelevant until you learned the fight. I've always seen inquisitors do horribly at first when they were on any sort of purge/ int duty until they learned the fight and when to hold off from using a channel or burst block or cast time since all of those get interrupted by using utility and they had a ton of those to actively use.

Even now if you are moving its better to use your other channels so basically you can look at the soul and say hey it so jam packed with utility however it plays mechanically in a way that you get penalized for using it until you have the preemptive knowledge of knowing when to hold off for interrupt and purge duty.. The way RC is now you absolutely can have unrecoverable dps if you use utility during the burst block in many cases. Yep, you heard me unrecoverable dps... because of 2 min RC. There is much to learn padawan.

In pvp it is different. You don't have to do any sort of duty that interrupts your channels, cast times because its not likely going to cause a raid wipe. Instant based specs with low channels are actually more beneficial to using its utility than inquisitor just because of these reasons but the current iteration of inquisitor does make the utility more useful since the rotation is cut back substantially with channel blocks getting cut out from the previous version. Back then playing that card was a DoyouevenRift moment though.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 05-17-2017 at 10:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2