+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Inquisitor Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Bjourdo View Post
    Thanks for bring attention to this class, I'm wondering what modern (post 4.1) rotations people are using. I'm reasonably well geared for current content and I can BARELY break ~250k DPS unless there is support and then i can just break 300k. (Gear reference, pre-wicket legendary, leveled dungeon gear, couple of pieces of un-leveled TD gear...)

What I've seen from dummy parses is we have stupid high burst then our dps just starts to drop off significantly, especially when compared to shaman, where, on dummy parses, I start around 250k and climb up to the 300's (for me) and seems to remain in that neighborhood (although I can barely get ~200ish in TD).
    Having the right spec will make a hell of a difference. You need sentinel and runeshaper legendaries. That should shift your dps up substantially. The discussion in this thread will also help http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...tor-guide.html, but there doesn't seem to be proper agreement on the best opening rotation. You'll get something close to best though.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-25-2017 at 09:41 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    The discussion in this thread ...
    Thanks, after my question I dug deeper into the mentioned post and it brought some deeper insight, but, yeah certainly didn't settle anything in my mind.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bjourdo View Post
    Thanks, after my question I dug deeper into the mentioned post and it brought some deeper insight, but, yeah certainly didn't settle anything in my mind.
    Its unlikely for people to post the rotations or even test the class anymore. Mostly because people fear it getting hit with more nerfs. Actually we tested the class a few times and we found each time we did publically it was unfairly nerfed. I think your best bet is to find someone really good with it in the game and ask them how to play it.

I know some specs I would love to post about but to be frank I would be specifically targeted for nerfs because I use the class to a much higher potential in situations like PvP where I even get accused of cheating since I would switch between 2-4 different roles and their parse happens to pick up multiple legendaries and abilities. Like when I switched to healer from dps.. the other day and was accused of having a broken spec by random in a warfront.

Other classes don't have to worry about nerfs.. Like mage.. FK is OP, Harbringer is now the new best melee in PvP, Warlock can blow you up still easily unless you have a full cleanse. So even though I can experiment with synergy with mage and find some incredibly broken synergy it doesn't matter since they have so many OP specs in comparison to cleric. I would say same with warrior.. they have some incredibly broken synergy but does not get looked at because they have OP specs like Paragon, tempest and warchanter(in Pvp) which they can fall back on.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 05-01-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Plane Walker

Cleric dps was fatally flawed to play like **** from the onset of the expansion due to all the buffs that need to be applied by legendary abilities. This is very similar to the druid 'revamp' which made the soul unenjoyable unless you are hitting a practice dummy. Tweak the numbers of abilities all you want with this system still in place cleric will continue to play like ***.

Once upon a time, when I still paid attention, warrior had some similar functioning abilities. Guess what, these were eventually removed to the applause of the community because unnecessarily fractured souls game play.
    Koz

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Its unlikely for people to post the rotations or even test the class anymore. Mostly because people fear it getting hit with more nerfs. Actually we tested the class a few times and we found each time we did publically it was unfairly nerfed...

I know some specs I would love to post about but to be frank I would be specifically targeted for nerfs...

...So even though I can experiment with synergy with mage and find some incredibly broken synergy it doesn't matter since they have so many OP specs in comparison to cleric. I would say same with warrior.. they have some incredibly broken synergy but does not get looked at because they have OP specs like Paragon, tempest and warchanter(in Pvp) which they can fall back on.
    This... this makes me incredibly sad for Cleric.

Shadowlander

This is a thread about Inquisitor suggestions. If you want to start a cleric QQ discussion, make another thread.
    Making adjustments to non-legendary abilities changes the way abilities scale at lower levels, so changing legendary abilities offers the most predictable effects with the least risk.

I still test specs. As for rotations, anyone with 20 minutes, Excel, or a pencil and paper can put together one of those.
    I'm hardly worried about the lowest dps class getting nerfed again.
    I'd like to think that the PTS changes reflect where our dps should be, and other classes are still being decreased to match.

Maybe I'm just too optimistic, though.

Rift Disciple

RIFT 4.1: Hotfix #7 5/10/2017

SOULS

CLERIC

INQUISITOR
    * Legendary Radical Coalescence now correctly increases the damage of Bolt of Light. Buff increased to 50%.
    just got it. not that cleric is that good right now, but may this be useful?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2