+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zehne

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Any news on the Runeshaper bug Trion? It's been a while...

  1. #1
    Plane Walker Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    486

    Default Any news on the Runeshaper bug Trion? It's been a while...

    Guuyyyss, this bug has been in the game far too long now. I do want to see if Runeshaper now holds up as the best spec to go for, considering all the other souls got nerfed, but this Rune of Travail bug is making things very difficult and really has an impact on the standard rotation.

    I really don't see what's so difficult about making Rune of Travail properly refresh the Legendary version of Seal of Vulnerability rather than the normal version. It's not exactly hard to replicate, therefore shouldn't this error in coding be easily found by now? Please enlighten me if not.

    Remember this is a paid soul, therefore I'm having difficultly to comprehend why this has not been detected and fixed yet.

    Thanks,
    Fwob.


    Edit: I don't know if this helps in anyway, probably not considering it's clear Travail activates a normal rather than legendary, but if you cast Travail before legendary Seal of Vulnerability has run out, it creates two stacks of Vulnerability, which shows clearly how a legendary and normal is being cast together.

    The explosion of rune of smiting does work until the original stack has run out. You can see this clearly as the stacks drop from 2 to 1 after the original 30 seconds has run out and the explosions cease to work. Casting Rune of Travail after this point will never create 2 stacks again.

    Also VERY important to add. If it does ever reach 2 stacks (which it will if you refresh Tavail then Vulnerability after), Seal of Pain is REMOVED, because for some reason you can only have 3 different seals at once. Hence best to avoid using Seal of Enhancement altogether (you won't hopefully need in a raid setting)

    Though you probably knew this already...
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-13-2017 at 10:05 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  2. #2
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    493

    Default

    The problem with runeshaper is that it scales very aggresively with your stats, namely CP because of the forcecrits. For me on my terribadly geared cleric with like 3800 CP, I actually do almost 50k more dps in inquis or shaman, even now. So, it's impossible to say that it'll be the "go-to" spec, even if they fix this bug, because everyone's stats differ so greatly due to fragments.

    But to add directly to your point, it is a super annoying bug that cuts into your potential dps significantly. And, as you say, it happens literally every time, so repeating it is as simple as playing the spec at all, once.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    The problem with runeshaper is that it scales very aggresively with your stats, namely CP because of the forcecrits. For me on my terribadly geared cleric with like 3800 CP, I actually do almost 50k more dps in inquis or shaman, even now. So, it's impossible to say that it'll be the "go-to" spec, even if they fix this bug, because everyone's stats differ so greatly due to fragments.

    But to add directly to your point, it is a super annoying bug that cuts into your potential dps significantly. And, as you say, it happens literally every time, so repeating it is as simple as playing the spec at all, once.
    Ye I agree with this, though I have shifted my CP up to about 4500 now, so I was looking at trying it again. Not having much luck beating my inquisitor spec atm (still well off). Still need to work on the rotation, though I doubt this will make a significant difference.

    It is just 1 global cd every 30 seconds, which overall doesn't amount to a huge dps loss, but it's noticeable and annoying towards any kind of set rotation. Above all, the bug just shouldn't be there.

    Edit: Actually I don't quite understand why CP is so important considering the damage of smiting force is increased by critical chance?
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-13-2017 at 11:05 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara Zehne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Edit: Actually I don't quite understand why CP is so important considering the damage of smiting force is increased by critical chance?
    Simply put:
    Damage = (Base + SP scalar + SC scalar)*
    Crit Damage = (Base +SP scalar + SC scalar) x (1.5+ CP%/100)

    So while you can add damage through SP and the SC scalar, crits and CP are the only way which you can 'increase' the base damage of the ability. So when you go up in gear the amount of SP and SC you need for a damage increase of the same % gets higher and higher, but that same % damage increase can be more reasonably obtained by adding just a little bit of CP.

    It's a balancing game, but due to the sheer amount of SP you get in game, CP starts becoming optimal quickly, especially if you have an ability that pulls the majority of your dps and has 100% crit rate.

    *SC Scalar only applies to abilities such as Rune of Smiting and Massive Blow

  5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Heya Refuge,

    This issue is indeed on Keyen's list to fix. One glorious day, you will see it appear in a patch note - unfortunately, we do not have the ETA for you yet.
    Brasse

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Heya Refuge,

    This issue is indeed on Keyen's list to fix. One glorious day, you will see it appear in a patch note - unfortunately, we do not have the ETA for you yet.
    Brasse
    Ok thanks for both responses. Much appreciated. Just nice to know its in the pipeline.

    Saying that, i really did think I got the rotation to 80-90% capacity, and I was well off my inquisitor spec :P So much for me thinking this was the spec to go after all the others got nerfed! Maybe I'm missing something..

    I tried the spec with cabalist too, to see if I could utilize legendary Shadow's Touch with things like Rune of Smiting, but it's near impossible to do properly. As dark water has a delay to hitting, so rune of smiting will hit prior.. You would have to time it to an ability before, but the issue with this, is rune of smiting is technically on rng.

    Inquisitor just seems to come out on top easily now because of both legendary inscribe fate and legendary Bolt of Light. Those combined damage boosts really excel the spec. Don't go nerfing it though.. god no..
    Fwob - Zaviel

  7. #7
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Ok thanks for both responses. Much appreciated. Just nice to know its in the pipeline.

    Saying that, i really did think I got the rotation to 80-90% capacity, and I was well off my inquisitor spec :P So much for me thinking this was the spec to go after all the others got nerfed! Maybe I'm missing something..

    I tried the spec with cabalist too, to see if I could utilize legendary Shadow's Touch with things like Rune of Smiting, but it's near impossible to do properly. As dark water has a delay to hitting, so rune of smiting will hit prior.. You would have to time it to an ability before, but the issue with this, is rune of smiting is technically on rng.

    Inquisitor just seems to come out on top easily now because of both legendary inscribe fate and legendary Bolt of Light. Those combined damage boosts really excel the spec. Don't go nerfing it though.. god no..
    Inquis already got a slight nerf in the 4.1 launch. It was just overshadowed by the nerfs to all the other souls because they all relied on legendary BoJ.

    In terms of difficulty to play, they're about the same if you're good at watching / managing procs, but inquis is far less heavily reliant on having high CP, so it's going to remain the better option for most clerics for the forseeable future (unless they make upgrading / obtaining high quality fragments easier). I actually really like runeshaper, so it's a shame that I will probably never get my cleric to the point where RS beats out other souls.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    115

    Default

    RIFT 4.1: Hotfix #7 5/10/2017

    SOULS

    CLERIC

    RUNESHAPER
    * Rune of Travail will now correctly refresh Legendary Seal of Vulnerability.
    can any1 plz check if all's right as intended and dps/rotation now ??

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    can any1 plz check if all's right as intended and dps/rotation now ??
    if my parses show me right the bug is fixed but still worse than inquis/shaman

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    can any1 plz check if all's right as intended and dps/rotation now ??
    Just because they fixed a near year old bug doesn't really mean it buffed the spec to the point its clerics top dps. It is just a bug fix.. You should expect more of these things to happen since there are a ton of bugs with legendary... it may open up different ways to play though. I wouldn't count on me for advice I haven't played in awhile though other than to log in and do wicket and fix my planar fragment inventory after doing some of the regular dailies.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 05-14-2017 at 09:29 PM.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    can any1 plz check if all's right as intended and dps/rotation now ??
    If I'm honest, my post was more frustration than actually making this spec viable. I did the maths and knew it would make very little difference :P

    It's not a legit spec atm by far unless your CP is through the roof.

    Peace.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    127

    Default

    In terms of sustain, I can get Runeshaper to be in the same area of 370k 'ish just like Inquisitor, so it seems alright. It definitely helped with the fix, so you didn't have to mess the rotation.

    And sometimes it's just funny seeing those 1.8mill crits
    The Pack - Sanzor - Cleric
    Zaviel

  13. #13
    Plane Walker Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gharn View Post
    In terms of sustain, I can get Runeshaper to be in the same area of 370k 'ish just like Inquisitor, so it seems alright. It definitely helped with the fix, so you didn't have to mess the rotation.

    And sometimes it's just funny seeing those 1.8mill crits
    Sustain on inquisitor atm, particularly with the 50% reverse is much higher than 370k
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts