+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Cleric pvp

Shadowlander

Default Cleric pvp

anyone know any spec thats decent at pvp? im playing inq but outside beams its like attacking people with wet nudles

Champion

Cleric PVP is dead as per 4.1

Play another calling and hope for better balance in 4.2

Try Shami.... its not optimal, but it works.
    > English is not my native Language <

Shadowlander

if it wasnt for that ive done 2 stages of the eternal weapon i would have switch to another class but all the progress D:

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ewik View Post
    if it wasnt for that ive done 2 stages of the eternal weapon i would have switch to another class but all the progress D:
    You can still PVE with your Cleric and PVP with a different PVP-viable calling. That's what I do.

Rift Disciple

Yep- Cleric was nerfed pretty hard. Thing is- it is my main spec and I have less than zero interest in playing my Primalist or Rogue. I like magic users and melee. Go figure. Mage was pretty badly nerfed too. So.. yeah. I still get around with my Shaman in PVE but it is challenged doing 300K dps. The other specs blow that out of the water.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    You can still PVE with your Cleric and PVP with a different PVP-viable calling. That's what I do.
    People invested 1000s if not 10s of 1000s of plat into making their cleric good just to have balancing ruin their viability and competitiveness. It doesn't feel good when you are down and they just shove you more under time and time again. My cleric win/loss percentage took an enormous dive after 4.1. I can see people just uninstalling Rift after the update if they played pvp and pve.. Another big loss of money for the devs in my opinion. People realize these things within a few hours and if it takes 6 months to balance something so apparent no ones going to stay with the class unless they have personal ties to other players or they are oblivious since they play one role of the class and raid log. like most healing clerics do.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-12-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    Yep- Cleric was nerfed pretty hard. Thing is- it is my main spec and I have less than zero interest in playing my Primalist or Rogue. I like magic users and melee. Go figure. Mage was pretty badly nerfed too. So.. yeah. I still get around with my Shaman in PVE but it is challenged doing 300K dps. The other specs blow that out of the water.
    this, why bring a cleric when you an bring a warrior or primalist and have the same dps as 2 clerics?xD though i dont get it why they dont do small tweaks instead of doing massive overhauls every time they try to fix something

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    People invested 1000s if not 10s of 1000s of plat into making their cleric good just to have balancing ruin their viability and competitiveness. It doesn't feel good when you are down and they just shove you more under time and time again. My cleric win/loss percentage took an enormous dive after 4.1. I can see people just uninstalling Rift after the update if they played pvp and pve.. Another big loss of money for the devs in my opinion. People realize these things within a few hours and if it takes 6 months to balance something so apparent no ones going to stay with the class unless they have personal ties to other players or they are oblivious since they play one role of the class and raid log. like most healing clerics do.
    This ^^ !

I don't understand why not more people vent this issue. Because it seems like forum outcry is the only factor that they're using to balance the callings and souls.

What's worse is, my undergeared one-button ROFLstomp Mage spec does so much better in PVP then my main Cleric that I've been building since Rift Beta.

I WANT A CHANGE-CALLING-SCROLL!!
    Last edited by Xlavius; 04-13-2017 at 01:07 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    This ^^ !

I don't understand why not more people vent this issue. Because it seems like forum outcry is the only factor that they're using to balance the callings and souls.

What's worse is, my undergeared one-button ROFLstomp Mage spec does so much better in PVP then my main Cleric that I've been building since Rift Beta.
    everyone is giving up i guess, atleast i know i am looking for another game since they gave up on this by the looks of it. shame though this used to be an awesome game

Plane Touched

You won't get any support from other classes as well even though they know they are broken compared to cleric. You can find the same person who was complaining about cleric FH running around playing primalist tank now since they are the new FH tanks and not saying a single word about getting themselves nerfed.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ewik View Post
    Cleric will likely be stuck in that position throughout the expansion. As long as they are not competitive they are the "most balanced class in the game" and every other class is happy. I think the devs atm rather keep cleric in the bottom and keep everyone else happy. It is the new meta.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-13-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Plane Touched

My observation is that other classes just get nicer and better things and perform better at the same time in HPS and DPS and Burst and mechanically less challenge.. If they want to fix cleric the right way it takes a lot of work. I am measuring based on how long they are taking to fix runeshaper.. so it can be something like 1 -2 years and that is fixing little things. The real fix won't come for years.. that is how broken the class really is...If they wanted to make them as OP as warriors they can do that without having to do much work in terms of balancing them on a playability and competitive level though since once upon a time during SL they were not really that good. Although it lasted like 6 months of being OP when they buffed reavers...
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-13-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Its sad because most of the best players pve and pvp i know were cleric mains.

Bubbles.. - Doesnt PVP because cleric sucks, still PVE's though.
    Hikos... - Banned for progressing on a boss that had never been killed.
    Banksyyy... - Quit because cleric sucks
    Xclusive... - Stopped playing Cleric, because Cleric sucks
    Ecru.. - Stopped playing Rift (Partly because Cleric sucks and the changes were constantly wrong and his input was ignored because he didnt sugar coat his feeback.)
    Chef... - Quit because Cleric sucks
    Snuggle... - Quit because Cleric sucks
    Cupcakey.. - Quit partly because Cleric sucks
    Last edited by Gilgad; 04-13-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Munchmatoast - Primalist - Deepwood - Mate

R.I.P <Coriolis>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Its sad because most of the best players pve and pvp i know were cleric mains.

Bubbles.. - Doesnt PVP because cleric sucks, still PVE's though.
    Hikos... - Banned for progressing on a boss that had never been killed.
    Banksyyy... - Quit because cleric sucks
    Xclusive... - Stopped playing Cleric, because Cleric sucks
    Ecru.. - Stopped playing Rift (Partly because Cleric sucks and the changes were constantly wrong and his input was ignored because he didnt sugar coat his feeback.)
    Chef... - Quit because Cleric sucks
    Snuggle... - Quit because Cleric sucks
    Cupcakey.. - Quit partly because Cleric sucks
    We haven't had a cleric lead in our guild for at least 1 year. It's pretty sad. We can't even fill the spot with knowledgeable players. The ones left only heal or tank and they raid log and don't pvp at all.

We lost about 5 clerics since SFP and prior to SFP around 5 which is suppose to happen usually with it going to pay to play. so whatever the devs are doing to the class is pretty obvious to the rest of the community.. When your cleric friend says she is leaving or tells you that she doesn't want to play Rift anymore it just makes you not want to play either...and this is happening at least to my guild in general..

There is literally only one person in our guild white knighting for the clerics and saying Trion is fixing them soon. He has been saying that it was going to happen in 4.1 but it ended up being even worse for them than 4.0. shrug.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-13-2017 at 07:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast