+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Cleric pvp

The sad part of all this is that clerics are still in for a ****-storm from what 4.1 has done.

Our eternal weapons are going to cause huge problems for us once that damage boost actually starts being worth anything. The only reason why we haven't' seen it yet though is because of wicket.

Champion

So, how are we supposed to convey this to the devs? Judging from the past, they're obviously never going to visit any PVP related forum section.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    So, how are we supposed to convey this to the devs? Judging from the past, they're obviously never going to visit any PVP related forum section.
    Seshatar, and Boase are like two of the only clerics left that I think could get the devs attention especially since they invested a lot into the game and promoting it over the years. I have no clue if they pvp or even know how to play more than 1 or 2 roles of their class but I do see how much money and time they have invested in the game and it would be foolish for devs to not at least give them some time to speak for the community. That is all I am saying... If you are not really in the circle you can't persuade anything no matter how easy the fix is.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-14-2017 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    If you are not really in the circle you can't persuade anything no matter how easy the fix is.
    Correct.

/10chars

Munchmatoast - Primalist - Deepwood - Mate

R.I.P <Coriolis>

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    The sad part of all this is that clerics are still in for a ****-storm from what 4.1 has done.

Our eternal weapons are going to cause huge problems for us once that damage boost actually starts being worth anything. The only reason why we haven't' seen it yet though is because of wicket.
    This is sad..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    It seems like a bulk of the feedback in this thread so far has been centered around giving the Druid a decreased GCD during this revamp. As such, I wanted to jump in and clear up this issue so that the rest of the thread can be focused on constructive feedback of how the Druid plays currently on PTS and how we can improve upon it without being stuck in a loop on this issue over and over.

The game is built and balanced around a 1.5 second GCD. There are many exceptions to this rule such as Rogue and Primalist as well as Paragon, Warchanter, Shaman, Inquisitor, and Harbinger. Also, there are many souls that have short burst speed up mechanics that allow them to cast faster with a reduced GCD for a limited duration. But, at the core, the game is centered around 1.5 second GCD and because we offer so many exceptions already, we will not be making another exception with Druid.

In fact, I would go so far to say that this is not something we would entertain doing to any other souls that might get revamps in the future. A Mage soul has the strongest possibility of becoming the next exception because they are under represented 2 to 1 compared to Cleric and Warrior but there are no plans to do that currently or in the future.

Thanks,

Vladd
    And then on the last live stream they say that primalist will get a new soul with not 1 sec gcd but able to get .75sec gcd. Explanation? Also, Vladd didn't really say that warrior is able to get 1 sec gcd in all of its souls with 8 points invested in paragon.. which is still used to this day for pve/pvp in some cases..especially those VK tank disable stun summon knockback specs.<--- just writing that made me realize how inferior our tank class truly is since they are no where close to parity on utility when you do side by side comparison...
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-14-2017 at 02:06 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    We haven't had a cleric lead in our guild for at least 1 year. It's pretty sad. We can't even fill the spot with knowledgeable players. The ones left only heal or tank and they raid log and don't pvp at all.

We lost about 5 clerics since SFP and prior to SFP around 5 which is suppose to happen usually with it going to pay to play. so whatever the devs are doing to the class is pretty obvious to the rest of the community.. When your cleric friend says she is leaving or tells you that she doesn't want to play Rift anymore it just makes you not want to play either...and this is happening at least to my guild in general..

There is literally only one person in our guild white knighting for the clerics and saying Trion is fixing them soon. He has been saying that it was going to happen in 4.1 but it ended up being even worse for them than 4.0. shrug.
    I have a mage that I use to do some PVP, but I'm NOT going to invest as much in it as I did with my main cleric. Simply don't have the time. I also tried PVE, but it sucks really bad. I don't really know what to do in Rift right now. Quitting for now and occasionally checking for improvements is all I can do.

Ascendant

I don't really understand how playing a more popular class warrants that decision from the dev when it was clearly stated after the mercenary system implementation and the addition of healing souls to other classes that players wouldn't be penalized for playing their class anymore .. Doesn't anyone remember bring the player not the class?

I remember them trying to bring rogues into a terrible position before SL possibly to thin them out but it didn't work until they nerfed range rogue in PvP.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-14-2017 at 02:58 AM.

Rift Master

Anyone else remember the live stream last autumn when 2 Devs "announced" that the cleric class was being deleted? It was a joke... or was it?
    Seon Ronpeth @ Ultros
    <13>
    60WHM 60AST 41SCH 41SMN 30DKN 30BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    This is sad..
    What I find sad about this is that this seems like a cherry pick to a reason as to why druid exists as it it does.

While true that there were alot of people pushing for a 1.0 second GCD for druid (at first), there were just as many saying that Natures Censure/Natures Force/Natures Weakness are a horrible mechanical addition to druid and it would only worsen druid's status. On top of that there were serious posts about rotation and ability alignment, how it'd effect shaman, etc..

Or even issues that dealt specifically with issues pertaining to how the newly added abilities would interact as a whole with druid, for example there was back and forth between at least one player and a dev about how the damage and damage bonus from Nature's Censure was poorly balanced.

Essentially it was stated by the players that it wasn't worth it to ever get up to and use the ability at 5 stacks.
    And dev's response to reasoning about recent adjustments to Nature's Edict was
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Orren View Post
    (putting this spell on the global cooldown ensures that optimal play involves casting this spell less often than possible through cooldown alone; meaning that macroing the ability is possible but will produce suboptimal DPS)
    Which begs the question: Why wasn't the same reasoning applied to Nature's Censure after long debate proved irrefutably that spamming it on c/d would always result in a better outcome?

There were plenty of people who suggested ideas that didn't involve a 1.0 second gcd. But more than that there were people who felt really negative about how 'clunky' druid felt, or the target swapping, or how there was no aoe,

So we get a "we didn't like the idea of a 1.0 second gcd", thanks for replying at least. Now how a about an answer to the other things? But we never got them, and druid ended up being implemented the way it was, which to many players was worse off than before any of the suggested changes.

So yeah, clerics feel dumped on. Not only do alot of clerics feel like they are completely ignored, but after being ignored the devs leave us in a worse state than before a 'revamp'.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Uviktig View Post
    Anyone else remember the live stream last autumn when 2 Devs "announced" that the cleric class was being deleted? It was a joke... or was it?
    I got an infraction for mentioning that in another thread. I know there's a screenshot going around of it. But I couldn't find it.

Plane Touched

Don't want to get banned or infractions for an if A then B logical argument.... Wasn't even rude at all. Just questioning the logic behind some decisions..
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-22-2017 at 07:21 PM.

I loved the OLD Druid class, before it got changed into what it is today. It should have stayed a Ranged Pet Class. Nothing was wrong with it before.

My big beef with Clerics is this:

Why the hell does every other class get a way to block WITHOUT SHIELDS, but clerics don't get that option?

Don't say it's because of the healing, because we've gotten that NERFED into the ground.
    Don't say it's because of the damage, because we've all seen what happened with that.

We need an option to block without having to be dependent on a shield. Personally, I think we should have access to blocking with Staves. But I'd be happy with something like a second tier skill like Warriors have in Warlord, where you can select the skill and gain the ability to block without a shield.

I think that would be fair, since Warriors got the ability to heal.
    Last edited by Mortavius; 05-05-2017 at 02:51 AM.

AE's are interested in the PvE aspect of a game more than anything else. The AE thrives as a solo adventurer, counting coup with each new destination and discovery, poking into every corner of a map and toying with each nuance of a game mechanic.

Champion

CLERIC

INQUISITOR
    * Legendary Radical Coalescence now correctly increases the damage of Bolt of Light. Buff increased to 50%.

RUNESHAPER
    * Rune of Travail will now correctly refresh Legendary Seal of Vulnerability.

SHAMAN
    * Furious Assault air and water buff increased to 45%.
    So, I was really hoping for the Furious Assault buff to have a decent impact on performance. But my DPS meter doesn't really show much of a noticeable difference. Yes, it parses a bit higher, but Shamans is still cannon fodder in PVP. And struggling in PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    So, I was really hoping for the Furious Assault buff to have a decent impact on performance. But my DPS meter doesn't really show much of a noticeable difference. Yes, it parses a bit higher, but Shamans is still cannon fodder in PVP. And struggling in PVE.
    HOW much higher?

What goal are you trying to achieve in terms of dps? I got past Wicket today and the extra upgrade could certainly be felt. I don't know if it's the bonus or just the weapon jump in general, but it's clearly seen it helps.

And to my experience Shaman was always cannon fodder. It was always too fragile for melee in pvp, which is why I resulted in going Cabalist to CC the entire enemy team and screw them over.
    The Pack - Sanzor - Cleric
    Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2