+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: So where do Clerics stand right now?

Default So where do Clerics stand right now?

I'm a returning player, curious as Cleric was my main in SL and the biggest bother for me in SL was no support, and now that they have a support role I see no reason not to play one.

I'm more a healing main, so having access to the class with the most healing souls is delightful to me.

So that brings the question, where do clerics stand? I've only heard bad things, but certainly this can't be the case, they must be good at something? (Inc joke, good at being the worst)
    Previous Leader of Infinity

They can be the most annoyance in pvp.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 03-30-2017 at 06:19 PM.

Shadowlander

healing across the board got nerfed when they changed the tier 5 mastery, warden got nerfs to bosuns blessing aswell, wardens used to be one of the better healing souls but im unsure now

Quote Originally Posted by Ewik View Post
    healing across the board got nerfed when they changed the tier 5 mastery, warden got nerfs to bosuns blessing aswell, wardens used to be one of the better healing souls but im unsure now
    Still overpowered if played correctly (compared to other raid healers) but still a pain in the *** to play correctly.
    Last edited by Zehne; 03-30-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    Still overpowered if played correctly (compared to other raid healers) but still a pain in the *** to play correctly.
    I like the change to Divine Favor, but Senti is *still* the only healing soul for which a purge can completely wipe both their output and their play-style. It's a little bit silly that damage souls with similar buffs that increase output and reduce gcd/mana consumption can't have their mechanics purged, but Senti can.

Not to mention, it's 4.1 and Faith Rewarded *still* falls off on death or reinstancing.
    Last edited by Myred; 03-30-2017 at 09:45 PM.
    Myred & Associates, a Deepwood PLLC
    dba TedCrooz@Deepwood; Mjirth@Deepwood
    Keeper of the Corgi Mask < -Hello Kitty- >
    #SeastoneBestStone, but never forget #DeepwoodBestWood

Champion

Omg! I was going to try out healing because both the DPS and HPS of my Shaman is so low after 4.1, that PVP has become a nightmare. They take me down with one shot me before I can play ANY ability now, no matter what I adjust in my build. It's no fun spending entire warfronts souls walking at the spawn point.

Playing another game now. Will check in from time to time if there is any rebalancing.

I guess I should've specified, where do clerics stand on PvE?

Seems like most comments are aimed at PvP
    Previous Leader of Infinity

Quote Originally Posted by Believeinsteve View Post
    I guess I should've specified, where do clerics stand on PvE?

Seems like most comments are aimed at PvP
    DPS: Clerics are a bit bellow other classes on this part. So if you like to be number 1, cleric ain't the best pick. That being said you can still contribute enough in raids to be 'allowed' to dps.

Healing: Warden is likely still the strongest AoE healer, but could be a bit tricky to play it to its full potential.
    Purifier and Sentinel aren't really used much, but the same can be said for most ST healing specs in PvE right now.

Support: Oracle is death right now, never used.

Tank: Justicar is just tank. right now it doesn't seem to matter which tank you are using for a boss, it does not give much benefits to use a certain tank. Beside the usual combat ress that Justicar always had.
    Unusualbunny@gelidra
    [ Stack on 8 ]

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by UnusualBunny View Post
    DPS: Clerics are a bit bellow other classes on this part. So if you like to be number 1, cleric ain't the best pick. That being said you can still contribute enough in raids to be 'allowed' to dps.
    Raids? I was kicked out of a dungeon a few weeks back. "No Clerics plz cuz low DPS." My Shaman's constant ~250k dps was to low. And they were right. Admitted, I was doing slightly less damage then the healer. The other DPSer and Support both were dealing out between 350k and 450k DPS. The support sometimes bursting over the 600k when dealing with lots of trash mobs. I haven't tried again since then, because even when I'm not kicked it feels like I'm being carried.

And that was BEFORE the 4.1 nerfs!
    Last edited by Xlavius; 03-31-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Plane Touched

People have been saying to reroll this class for last 6 months. That was even before 4.1 and 4.1 made cleric even worse. At the moment they may as well just disable the class. Its not worth using anymore. All I know is most players leaving the game are going to be clerics mains. If you picked cleric for SFP you will have the worse experience of all the classes I can guarantee it.

4.0 worse for clerics
    4.1 worse for clerics
    Itemization worse for clerics
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-31-2017 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Raids? I was kicked out of a dungeon a few weeks back. "No Clerics plz cuz low DPS." My Shaman's constant ~250k dps was to low. And they were right. Admitted, I was doing slightly less damage then the healer. The other DPSer and Support both were dealing out between 350k and 450k DPS. The support sometimes bursting over the 600k when dealing with lots of trash mobs. I haven't tried again since then, because even when I'm not kicked it feels like I'm being carried.

And that was BEFORE the 4.1 nerfs!
    then your likely doing something wrong i'm still able to reach ~ 380K - 400k on shaman fairly easy and that's outside raid environment
    Unusualbunny@gelidra
    [ Stack on 8 ]

Champion

then your likely doing something wrong i'm still able to reach ~ 380K - 400k on shaman fairly easy and that's outside raid environment
    How? Even the guys on the PTS balancing thread confirmed that my ~275k is the most that can be expected from a Shaman in 4.1

I feel like I just tried about anything. I'm currently using 15 points in Inquisitor and 0 in Runeshaper. That's what's still getting me the most on a test dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    How? Even the guys on the PTS balancing thread confirmed that my ~275k is the most that can be expected from a Shaman in 4.1

I feel like I just tried about anything. I'm currently using 15 points in Inquisitor and 0 in Runeshaper. That's what's still getting me the most on a test dummy.
    if people where still using inquisitor on pts its no surprise dps was lower in the first place,

61 shaman / 10 druid / 5 runeshaper (sentinel)

and beside that it IS about gear / fragments for shaman, CP just boosts up your dps a **** ton. i currently have around ~6700
    Unusualbunny@gelidra
    [ Stack on 8 ]

Champion

if people where still using inquisitor on pts its no surprise dps was lower in the first place,

61 shaman / 10 druid / 5 runeshaper (sentinel)

and beside that it IS about gear / fragments for shaman, CP just boosts up your dps a **** ton. i currently have around ~6700
    This is exactly why Trion (Keyens) stopped taking parses in the class balance thread on the PTS. Fragments, both quality and infusion level, add such a degree of variance to dps that a player can do nothing wrong and still be 100k behind another guy playing the same build with the same armor in the same way.

I've just accepted the fact that, if I choose to keep playing the game, I'm no longer going to be competing for the top 1 or 2 spots in dps races anymore, simply because i'm not willing to amass tens of thousands of plat to fully upgrade fragments.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    This is exactly why Trion (Keyens) stopped taking parses in the class balance thread on the PTS. Fragments, both quality and infusion level, add such a degree of variance to dps that a player can do nothing wrong and still be 100k behind another guy playing the same build with the same armor in the same way.

I've just accepted the fact that, if I choose to keep playing the game, I'm no longer going to be competing for the top 1 or 2 spots in dps races anymore, simply because i'm not willing to amass tens of thousands of plat to fully upgrade fragments.
    Pretty much.

In the same breath though it's not like theres any content to.. min max?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast