+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Storytimes
  • 1 Post By Aedynn

Thread: Mana QoL Issues that require dev attention

Soulwalker

Default Mana QoL Issues that require dev attention

With 4.1 imminent, our eternal weapons will change the way clerics manage their mana resource.
    http://i.imgur.com/8yRLDQA.jpg
    There are several mana mechanics in rift that have failed to keep pace with the overall updates in the game that I think should be reviewed by the devs to help with QoL

1. Resuscitating Chant/Verse of Joy
    - Currently only restores 160 mana per second.
    - This translates to <1% mana per second.
    - This is under-powered compared with the 5 power, 5 energy and 5 charge per second this raid cooldown also provides

2. Archaic/Salvaged/Sunken Tablets
    - Restore 25 mana/5seconds
    - Unlike other planar consumables, this consumable has not changed in value other that +strength/wisdom stat bonus since storm legion.
    - For comparison, the original Elder tablets from vanilla rift restored 20 mana/5seconds when players had about half the mana pool as they currently have.

3. Mana Potions/Tonics
    - 3 minute cooldown on these consumables
    - will cost clerics ~5p per tonic, more expensive than visionary crit chance pots and with +20,000 damage bonus much more important for proper dps.

4. Legendary Tooltips
    - All legendary abilities currently display 'no cost' on their tooltip, yet do cost mana to use.
    Last edited by Storytimes; 03-26-2017 at 03:23 AM.

Prophet of Telara

From a Mage view it looks so that they have no real concept for the use of mana with 4.1

As an example the Elementlist consumes very much mana. However, it does less damage than e.g. the Pyromancer or the Harbinger who have no mana problems.

Although the Elementalist is behind the Pyro and Harbinger, he has to re-energize mana in the fight, which additionally hinders him. This makes no sense to me.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    From a Mage view it looks so that they have no real concept for the use of mana with 4.1

As an example the Elementlist consumes very much mana. However, it does less damage than e.g. the Pyromancer or the Harbinger who have no mana problems.

Although the Elementalist is behind the Pyro and Harbinger, he has to re-energize mana in the fight, which additionally hinders him. This makes no sense to me.
    As far as cleric specs go, I am slightly concerned that runeshaper's greater rune of energy (gtaoe that provides 4% mana per second to all raid members) would become a crutch for cleric dps
    Last edited by Storytimes; 03-26-2017 at 05:23 AM.

I'm more worried about spec differences.

For example that bonus to druid would be HUGE.

Essence strike which has a tooltip of ~~75k hits for ~~750k crits in the fae-mimicry rotation(cause druid is king of damage amplifiers).

Add in a 125% + 25% and doubled fae-mimicry and that's 2.34 mil damage more (lets just say 3.1mil damage total from that essence strike).

if you added 20k damage to the base of essence strike:
    ~~950k damage hit + a 125% 25% doubled fae-mimicry of: 2.97mil = 3.9mil damage.

Meaning that just the difference of ~~20k damage would mean + ~~800k damage.

BUT
    Druid is mana intensive and you'll likely never see that bonus damage applied since before you get all your buffs up and get to the essence strike in fae-mimicry you'll be below 75% mana.

So the only benefit the weapon has is preventing druid from ooming because you'll sit right around 25% mana the entire time.

However inquisitor has all of 2 debuffs before it can start it's c/d rotation, and so you'll get the full force bonus of that effect for ~~4 channels, and seeing how inquis is mana efficient, and BoR is actually a double hit( BoR + BoJ), inquis will see a MASSIVE damage increase from the effect.

tl;dr
    Only inquis will be viable top dps when you get this bonus. Tying a flat damage boost to mana was horrid idea.

We already know flat ability boosts have horrible interactions, so that was the first thing wrong with the weapon effects. The second thing wrong with it was tying it to mana, which is a huge discrepancy between specs across the board.
    Last edited by Zehne; 03-29-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Rift Disciple

So is this where we QQ for a 1 min CD on mana pots?

Rift Master

I started to play another game. Will be back to see if cleric is better in a few months. The 4.1 patch left me wanting to delete my class. It is sad to see a class that gets slaughtered and out dps'ed by players half the gear score of me because in PvP they have broken overpowered 1 shot damage from max range and incredible survival that can't be matched. FH was a crutch for the class in PvP and they took away the crutch so now the patient is left crawling on the floor. Other classes have expensive state of the art wheelchairs for free.

The itemization from the proc also screws them over in PvP so don't bother using E. weapons in there. Your mana will go to 25% in more than half your souls pretty fast. Probably the other classes get broken favorable interactions from their Eternal weapons unlike cleric which seems likethey got screwed over on a totally different level again.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-31-2017 at 10:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread