+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Runeshaper vs. Sentinel

Shadowlander

Default Runeshaper vs. Sentinel

I've been looking at these two trees as off souls, specifically they are somewhat interchangeable (Sentinel being the go-to alternative for missing Runeshaper).

Anyway I was wondering if Sentinel, with BoL's 30 sec +15% dmg buff is ever superior to Runeshapers 20sec version (even though Inscribe Fate does a bit more damage, and the tree has innate 1% damage bonus).

Or, is it irrelevant because all remaining clerics will suicide in favor of rolling Mages come 4.1?

Shadowlander

Default Depends

Quote Originally Posted by Bjourdo View Post
    Anyway I was wondering if Sentinel, with BoL's 30 sec +15% dmg buff is ever superior to Runeshapers 20sec version (even though Inscribe Fate does a bit more damage, and the tree has innate 1% damage bonus).
    Depends on what you're playing.
    You're going to want to keep either one up 100% of the time, so that's 3 casts/minute of IF or 2 casts/minute of BoL. With BoL you effectively get one extra GCD to do with as you please.

IF does approximately 50% more damage than BoL, so if you're filling that extra GCD with an ability that does more than 200% (50% + 50% + 100%) of IF, or 220% to keep it safe with the 5% soul tree bonus, then BoL is actually the better choice.

That said, everything past 5 points in Sentinel is a waste for DPS, so I'd probably go RS if you have more points to spend than that.

They're both great abilities, so you should really be taking both for top DPS in any single target spec.

They are both nearly the same.

Except for druid. Because with L Resounding Blow you double life damage and L BoL becomes your #1 spam ability because it's the highest damage spam-able life ability druid has(it also does more damage than fervent strike anyways...).

+ Reply to Thread