+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By UnusualBunny
  • 2 Post By Aedynn

Thread: Icy Glyph vs Wind Sigil vs Flaring

Default Icy Glyph vs Wind Sigil vs Flaring

Good Morning!

I'm looking at the Glyphs that are earned in Planar Attunement and was wondering why 280 Mana is better than 280 Spell Power given by the Flaring Sigil in the fire tree.

From what I see with my stats, the Icy Glyph for 60 Wis does more stat wise than 280 Mana. 280 Flaring Sigil does a bit better Spell Power wise, so I'm saying that somehow the 3rd Tier Air Attunement is better than 3rd Tier Water Attunement. My assumption is that this may be important for healers though when I dabbled in a healing spec and did not see a huge use in Mana.

If you all have had a different experience, please share!

Rift Disciple

Personally I would stay away from +raw mana gains as a vast amount of spells, both mage and cleric, spells are % based (from max mana) so if you are gunna use anything from PA use the spell power one

Quote Originally Posted by Jamalji View Post
    Good Morning!

I'm looking at the Glyphs that are earned in Planar Attunement and was wondering why 280 Mana is better than 280 Spell Power given by the Flaring Sigil in the fire tree.

From what I see with my stats, the Icy Glyph for 60 Wis does more stat wise than 280 Mana. 280 Flaring Sigil does a bit better Spell Power wise, so I'm saying that somehow the 3rd Tier Air Attunement is better than 3rd Tier Water Attunement. My assumption is that this may be important for healers though when I dabbled in a healing spec and did not see a huge use in Mana.

Icy sigil can be placed on an off hand, the rest cant.
    Its only used if you use a 1 hander and off hand, not with a 2 hander.
    That's basically it in a nutshell

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jamalji View Post
    Good Morning!

Cleric is in a bad place. I will share with you some bugs that should have been stickied by a dev. I tell you these in an effort for you to choose another calling but also if you stay with cleric you will not waste tons of plat on consumables or be crippled unknowingly forever because they did not sticky these things. This has crippled clerics for a long time especially new players. I even know of 2011 vets who have been wasting plat for years on consumables with them not being activated in warfronts.

1) If you pvp you have reequip your weapons every warfront to actually benefit from procs from consumables. This has been around for years and never been fixed. Reported several times on forums.

2) Some legendary buffs change to normal form after you die so you have to reapply that buff that suppose to last through death. This has been reported several times on the forums. It is also very difficult to tell if you have the right buff active as there really isn't a way to distinguish them right away. This can cause you to lose up to 15%+ damage per second if you forgot to refresh it.

3) Many of the tool tips lie to you about what abilities they effect. For instance, some abilities that are instant are actually registered as cast times as they consume faith reward stacks even though they should be adding stacks. That is just one of the many lies the tool tips say. You will have to figure out the rest on your own so expect to actually have to read parses and do theory crafting to find out all the bugs, mostly crippling the calling.

There is confirmation of class dev saying some bugs may never be fixed for priority reasons on live stream a few months back as well which has only fueled hopelessness into the cleric community.

I decided that their is too much to not tell because I really want new players to know what they are getting into with this class.

Onto itemization. Drop rates are distributed rather evening for each calling supposedly not for each type of gear. Since primalist and rogue share leather that means they will get drop rates much higher than the other classes. This was confirmed by the players but never confirmed fixed. It is unknown if they fixed it for SFP or if it was just a bandaid fix that will reoccur at a later date.

Cleric is also one of the most expensive to gear of all the classes having to obtain the most high tier fragments to get best in slot which is somewhat impossible for them in PvP. This means other classes with tier 3-5 best in slots will always be marginally better than clerics even if parity was ever met in dps/hps. Can't understand this still? Basically they got the most screwed on itemization and are incredibly expensive to optimize.

There is confirmation that clerics were now allowed to get a 1 sec. gcd soul again according to a dev post on the druid remake thread. Ultimately having the reactionary time increased by 50% for this class to respond to burst damage or deal burst. If they were to balance HPS Clerics will still be crippled by having a longer time to react to heavy damage compounded by souls that are littered with cast times and channels on top of it.

I can keep going on and on about how poorly made the calling is as in talent placement and utility access or how legendary were changed from being used to being obsolete etc. but it will be too much to write. Forum devs should have a sticky dedicated to explaining these things to be honest as they are really really big issues in my opinion.

Also, due to these facts I feel the world is against Cleric. Meaning all other classes will never accept it if cleric is OP on their level although like for mage they have 4 OP roles atm and it is acceptable for them vs. the one ability that really makes cleric somewhat OP FH in a tank spec. So with everyone shouting and crying devs will just nerf cleric unfairly again. This has to do with how long Cleric stayed at the bottom. Either way they will lose players on both sides if they ever made cleric OP so at the very moment I think cleric became the class that is just their to be victimized to keep the other 4 classes happy. And I think there won't be anymore up and down balancing like the old school devs where the bottom spot gets traded out fairly. I think that cleric will eventually get OP in dps and hps but it won't last the year or years the other classes have been in those roles. For instance, Physician was OP from when it was introduced in SL, all the way up until they introduced FK in NT. That is an incredibly long time. You don't want to play a class that is OP 1-2 week and then nerfed into oblivion for 6 months. Is OP 1-2 weeks then nerfed for 6 months etc. Trust me.

They once joked on live stream that they were deleting cleric. Maybe this is what they really meant but couldn't say it.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-23-2017 at 04:05 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    They once joked on live stream that they were deleting cleric. Maybe this is what they really meant but couldn't say it.
    That's what I was thinking too. It was no joke.

I'm not going to re roll. I'll just play something else and look in the forum if Cleric makes a ever comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Goodness. As if all the rest wasn't discouraging enough, this last part is just - craptastic..

+ Reply to Thread