+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What's best for cleric at the moment - March post 4.1

Default What's best for cleric at the moment - March post 4.1

Hello Cleric of Tamriel.

I got my cleric to level 70 yesterday and I'm trying to find what are the specs to have.
    Right now I worked only on my 61 inquisitor and I can deal 245k dps on a 5 minute parse with a fresh lvl 70 gear.
    So I want to know what dd specs are interesting to have other than inqui.
    After looking at the forum I didn't see a single cleric parse above 350k dps so I'm thinking there is no recent parse, because 350k for full dongeon gear is damn low and if it's the maximum dps output for cleric then its not worth playing cleric dd.

I'm not interested by 2-3 button specs.

Also, what heal st spec is best atm?

Thanks for your enlightenment.

Kreezhem.

http://imgur.com/SQyty84

I've hit ~~450-460k. My gear isn't the best though.

But this will all change once 4.1 lands. Druid will still be nearish the top, but that's only on dummy parses.

Add in mechanics and druid suffers more than most specs, putting it at a disadvantage for nearly every encounter that exists.

Runeshaper and inquis are my candidates for top dps (raiding) spec for clerics post 4.1.

The best thing is to reroll. There is just way too much wrong with this class. DPS is just the tip of the iceberg. Mechanically other classes have an advantage over them. Everything counts.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-10-2017 at 03:27 PM.

I've hit ~~450-460k. My gear isn't the best though.

But this will all change once 4.1 lands. Druid will still be nearish the top, but that's only on dummy parses.

Add in mechanics and druid suffers more than most specs, putting it at a disadvantage for nearly every encounter that exists.

Runeshaper and inquis are my candidates for top dps (raiding) spec for clerics post 4.1.
    As you did for druid, would you mind giving your average dps in other specs to have a more precise idea.

Thanks for the reply

Kreezhem

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    The best thing is to reroll. There is just way too much wrong with this class. DPS is just the tip of the iceberg. Mechanically other classes have an advantage over them. Everything counts.
    Yea I suggest you all reroll Rogue. It's fun to play too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Shh.... we don't need more rogues to steal our gear in irotp (when it gets released in 4.9)
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

Only when you can play melee, the MM is a freaking disease to play.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    Only when you can play melee, the MM is a freaking disease to play.
    Then play melee? yea no?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    As you did for druid, would you mind giving your average dps in other specs to have a more precise idea.
    ~~400-415k on a good day in other specs.

Doesn't matter because like I said, druid has alot more hurdles than the other specs so in real fights it drops down to be less than or equal to them.
    Last edited by Zehne; 03-11-2017 at 08:50 PM.

I wouldn't say 350k is dam low, as most specs that do above 400k are getting a nerf in 4.1. Legendary judgement is getting a big nerf, so melee specs for cleric are likely to die for the time being.

Therefore your only options with cleric are inquisitor and runeshaper. I would't be surprised if runeshaper will peak out on top (paid soul..), as inquisitor is getting a moderate nerf due to perseverance and RC and runeshaper is getting a buff.

I've not properly tried runeshaper recently, but I've been getting about 370k as inquisitor with reasonable dungeon gear (4 epics). As a wild guess this would go down to about 350k with the perseverance nerf.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    I wouldn't say 350k is dam low, as most specs that do above 400k are getting a nerf in 4.1. Legendary judgement is getting a big nerf, so melee specs for cleric are likely to die for the time being.

Therefore your only options with cleric are inquisitor and runeshaper. I would't be surprised if runeshaper will peak out on top (paid soul..), as inquisitor is getting a moderate nerf due to perseverance and RC and runeshaper is getting a buff.

I've not properly tried runeshaper recently, but I've been getting about 370k as inquisitor with reasonable dungeon gear (4 epics). As a wild guess this would go down to about 350k with the perseverance nerf.
    If you're doing 370k now, don't be surprised to be doing well around 310-320k.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Well i guess it will be runeshaper then ,
    Any idea if it's better to play 61 RS or do a hybrid ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    If you're doing 370k now, don't be surprised to be doing well around 310-320k.
    I guess we'll see, but I am intrigued how you've come up with your figures ^^.

Admittedly I can't really picture what impact a bolt of depravity reduction will have on the entire build, but as a semi-confident mathematician I can't see it being anywhere near a 50k difference..
    Fwob - Zaviel

Ascendant

Admittedly I can't really picture what impact a bolt of depravity reduction will have on the entire build, but as a semi-confident mathematician I can't see it being anywhere near a 50k difference..
    It won't but the sky is always falling when there's a nerf coming.
    The nerf comes from multiple factors like RC and Perseverance changes.
    But I don't see how it equate to such a severe nerf, but I digress.

Inquisitor currently on live is light years away ahead of marksman as a ranged spec so the nerfs are not surprising in the slightest. And Inquisitor is still competitive against marksman on PTS, however no one really wants to be competitive at Rogues level (in pve dps) right now, so they compare themselves to mages and warriors which in term makes Clerics look weak.

IMO the problem isn't with how weak or strong clerics are. It's just that the current top dogs in live will remain the top dogs even after 4.1 and by a good margin, judging by the current PTS "balance"... so the class balance really hasn't changed much looking at the whole picture across all callings overall...

It's just that Clerics will fall behind little farther from mages and warriors when 4.1 comes and drop more into the Rogue's territory as far as dps is concerned...

There are 3 more weeks, just calm down and pray that Keyens knows what to do... and if the unfortunate happened just look at how Rogues fared for the past 4 months especially in their only viable ranged spec and you should feel little better knowing you are still not the worst.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 03-12-2017 at 03:58 PM.

I guess we'll see, but I am intrigued how you've come up with your figures ^^.
    Last time I parsed inquis on PTS I came in around 325k.
    Last time I parsed druid on PTS I came in around 340k.

BoJ nerf made druid lose ~~60k dps since the proc rate was down ~~60% and it was pulling ~~100k dps on live.

7->5 Fae-mimicry charges dropped about another 40k dps in druid from live to PTS.

And some oldball amount of dps lost due to less EoL procs due to less BoJ procs (which means less c/d reduction of Resounding blow, etc)

All in all druid lost ~~100-120k dps from live to PTS (dummy parses). Meanwhile inquis dropped around 75-100k dps or so from what I can tell, it's hard to get specific in numbers and results will vary.

I think I mentioned this before, but relatively speaking my gear is far from optimal, so my inquis and RS numbers are probably lower than they should be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast