+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: One button builds

Champion

Default One button builds

As the use of my left hand slowly but steadily becomes more and more restricted, so does my dependence on 1-button builds. Or better said: few-button-builds. Up until now I've been enjoying playing Shaman very much. By splitting abilities in several macro's I can even micromanage it. But as the poor Shaman is increasingly dealing with his own disabilities as well, I'm looking into other options.

Any other (Cleric) few-button specs that I could try? Maybe the paid souls? Oracle? Runeshaper? I would pay up in an instant if any of those can be played by me.

I've looked into Inquisitor, but it's not macro friendly at all. And I guess healing specs are out of the question by default?

Rift Disciple

Purifier. Ward of Flame, Ward of Fire. Done. At least that's how it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by LucKeyHoleInOne View Post
    I would assume Trion would like to steer away from one-button specs as much as possible, so you will struggle to find many others. How about druid? There are other classes that offer it too.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Shaman is pretty much it for one button cleric builds, at least as far as DPS specs go.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

Champion

Thanks everyone thus far...

Quote Originally Posted by LucKeyHoleInOne View Post
    Great! I just followed a guide from this forum and trying it out on some test dummies. Numbers are nowhere near allowing me to try out a dungeon though. First ever healing build so I'm going to have to practice and tweak a lot.

One button tempest come 4.1

just re-roll warrior
    Last edited by Maltie; 03-06-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Thanks everyone thus far...

Great! I just followed a guide from this forum and trying it out on some test dummies. Numbers are nowhere near allowing me to try out a dungeon though. First ever healing build so I'm going to have to practice and tweak a lot.
    Sentinel is actually pretty decent for regular dungeon play. If your tank is not undergeared & knows what s/he is doing and the rest of the group is not returded you can get away with keeping up 3 stacks of L Healing Flood from Warden and toss the occasional CD or insta cast large heal on the tank.

DISCLAIMER: I know there's lots of other stuff a properly played sentinel should do but the OP was asking for low # button specs for clerics

Ascendant

What's wrong with 1 button shaman?
    It's probably clerics best 1 button spec. And good new to you is it will still work after 4.1...
    Other than that I dont see how you can 1 button anything dps wise to have the effect of shamans.

But give it some time people can usually come up with "few button" specs that does decently well, so maybe you will have more stuff to use after the balance patch kicks in.

There are better classes than clerics if you want to focus on 1 or few button builds tho.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    What's wrong with 1 button shaman?
    It's probably clerics best 1 button spec. And good new to you is it will still work after 4.1...
    Other than that I dont see how you can 1 button anything dps wise to have the effect of shamans.

But give it some time people can usually come up with "few button" specs that does decently well, so maybe you will have more stuff to use after the balance patch kicks in.

There are better classes than clerics if you want to focus on 1 or few button builds tho.
    I'm using the version with Inquisitor and runeshaper. It gets me around 350k on a test dummy. Less in dungeons. Slightly more if I split physical and non-physical. I'm just tired of other classes doing on average 100k more dps then me when running dungeons. Sometimes I see other classes doing ridiculous numbers going up into the million... And then I read that legendary bolt of judgement will get a nerf, which is one of my shammy's three top scoring abilities. My numbers will go down drastically after 4.1.

So I though, maybe if there's a possibility to 1 or 2 button a heal, tank or support role I'd be more useful.

Purifier looks promising though. Still practicing test dummies. Got to get it right the first time.
    Last edited by Xlavius; 03-06-2017 at 11:30 PM.

I'm just tired of other classes doing on average 100k more dps then me when running dungeons. Sometimes I see other classes doing ridiculous numbers going up into the million....
    Are you a Troll ? No serious are you a Troll ?

You ask for 1 button specs and complain at the same time other people playing a proper rotation do more damage ?

Are you a Troll ?
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Klingensturm View Post
    Are you a Troll ? No serious are you a Troll ?

You ask for 1 button specs and complain at the same time other people playing a proper rotation do more damage ?

Are you a Troll?
    Or course I'm not. You did not read correctly. It's about few buttons. I think, or I assume, that it's only logical to play with the least about of buttons, even for people without my disability. When I use the forum search function for 1 button specs I get several, with very good dps, for all classes except Cleric. Don't get me wrong, I don't think 375k from my two button Shammy is bad.

When I use the forum search function for 1 button specs I get several, with very good dps, for all classes except Cleric.
    Ok, you are a Troll !
    Through the whole NTE the 1 button shamie was one of the top DDs even in SFP it works quite well.
    If you want to complain go to the PTS and try the new ranged spec for warriors 14 button no macro Tempest or try Shadeborn (11-14 buttons ?).
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Klingensturm View Post
    Ok, you are a Troll !
    Through the whole NTE the 1 button shamie was one of the top DDs even in SFP it works quite well.
    If you want to complain go to the PTS and try the new ranged spec for warriors 14 button no macro Tempest or try Shadeborn (11-14 buttons ?).
    No, I'm not, but you are a very unpleasant person though. I thought it was well established that Shaman is performing far from optimally.

I didn't came here to complain about DPS, only to inquire if there are other Cleric roles that can be played with only a few buttons. If you had read before foaming at the mouth you would have seen my inquiry about healing and or support.

Ascendant

No, I'm not, but you are a very unpleasant person though. I thought it was well established that Shaman is performing far from optimally.

I didn't came here to complain about DPS, only to inquire if there are other Cleric roles that can be played with only a few buttons. If you had read before foaming at the mouth you would have seen my inquiry about healing and or support.
    The DPS delta between a 1 button shaman and a fully properly ana*-1y played shaman is not that significant...

The dps difference is so little that most average clerics who can't play shaman with ana* precision will generally get higher dps playing it 1 button anyways.

However clerics best spec right now is Inquisitor which isn't very spam friendly. Hence I suggested to just stick with Shaman.

There are also nerfs to souls dps across the board, not just clerics. Tho there are still a few extremely over-preforming outliers on PTS...
    /sigh wish Keyens could do something because with the current PTS balance iteration the outlier specs are just as bad as those broken fotm specs on live if not worse...

So class balance wise nothing will really change is my guess.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 03-07-2017 at 05:54 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    The DPS delta between a 1 button shaman and a fully properly ana*-1y played shaman is not that significant...

The dps difference is so little that most average clerics who can't play shaman with ana* precision will generally get higher dps playing it 1 button anyways.

However clerics best spec right now is Inquisitor which isn't very spam friendly. Hence I suggested to just stick with Shaman.

There are also nerfs to souls dps across the board, not just clerics. Tho there are still a few extremely over-preforming outliers on PTS...
    /sigh wish Keyens could do something because with the current PTS balance iteration the outlier specs are just as bad as those broken fotm specs on live if not worse...

So class balance wise nothing will really change is my guess.
    Yes, I do the micromanaging sometimes, but it adds only very little. I'll wait it out and see what the nett result is after 4.1.

Meanwhile I'll practice with Purifier. I've always wanted to learn to heal. Didn't realize up until now it was possible with only a few buttons.

Different solution... My wife gave me a Logitech G602 gaming mouse some time ago. It has a lot of programmable buttons. And it can record macro's. Afterwards I can even edit the time between virtual key presses exactly. So it could even enable me to play Inquisitor with perfect rotation. I've been reluctant to try out that feature, because it would be so inflexible. Nerfing myself, so to say. But I'm just so anxious to try out something different for once. It's far from an advantage, completely useless in PVP, but I'm afraid the mods will see it as an unfair advantage.

I've tried doing a search, but I always end up with threads about multiboxing, which is clearly not my intention.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast