+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: One button builds

Shield of Telara

Due to health reasons a friend of mine had to use tech / programs that are usually frowned on but she checked it out with CS and they gave her the green light. Maybe something you want to investigate so you don't get in trouble?

I don't use any of that so I'm not sure what's legit and what can get you banned. So I wouldn't know if the capabilities of your new mouse would break any rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingensturm View Post
    Ok, you are a Troll !
    Through the whole NTE the 1 button shamie was one of the top DDs even in SFP it works quite well.
    If you want to complain go to the PTS and try the new ranged spec for warriors 14 button no macro Tempest or try Shadeborn (11-14 buttons ?).
    I play Shadeborn with 13 buttons atm, but you can get it down to ~5 buttons with minimal loss.

Nonetheless, the OP seemed to be inquiring more so than complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Yes, I do the micromanaging sometimes, but it adds only very little. I'll wait it out and see what the nett result is after 4.1.

Meanwhile I'll practice with Purifier. I've always wanted to learn to heal. Didn't realize up until now it was possible with only a few buttons.

Different solution... My wife gave me a Logitech G602 gaming mouse some time ago. It has a lot of programmable buttons. And it can record macro's. Afterwards I can even edit the time between virtual key presses exactly. So it could even enable me to play Inquisitor with perfect rotation. I've been reluctant to try out that feature, because it would be so inflexible. Nerfing myself, so to say. But I'm just so anxious to try out something different for once. It's far from an advantage, completely useless in PVP, but I'm afraid the mods will see it as an unfair advantage.

I've tried doing a search, but I always end up with threads about multiboxing, which is clearly not my intention.
    Some keyboard/mouse macros are okay, but others might be risky. However, if you contact CS, you can get approval for automation programs, such as Autohotkey, that will help make the game more playable. Now, depending on your situation, they might say no, but if they say yes, your account will probably be monitored a bit closer to ensure it is being used properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Rift Disciple

Xlavius, I can't offer much advise about macros, 1 button or otherwise, but have you tried simply expanding the abilities bar and clicking on the buttons with your mouse? If I am not intruding too much into your personal life would you elaborate on your injury to your hand? I was looking at ways for people to use a computer who had a disability. Specifically gadgets from these two sites http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/feature/g...abled-3217342/ and http://www.infogrip.com/. Things like laser pointers mounted on the head to alternative keyboards were all interesting to me. I am being a guy here and trying to fix things when I most likely should just be sympathizing with you. If I being insensitive to you I apologize in advance.

P.S.
    When you said this "No, I'm not, but you are a very unpleasant person though." I thought to myself "What a rather polite way of telling someone to stop being a f*ing *******."

I really love the one or two-button shammy build. It seems for the ease of playing, it does very solid dps. Maybe you will enjoy that build.. I only play it part-time on an alt though, but it is easy.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Champion

Thanks everybody for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Some keyboard/mouse macros are okay, but others might be risky. However, if you contact CS, you can get approval for automation programs, such as Autohotkey, that will help make the game more playable. Now, depending on your situation, they might say no, but if they say yes, your account will probably be monitored a bit closer to ensure it is being used properly.
    Hmmm... I'm not ready for special exceptions yet. First explore all in-game options better. Maybe in future when it gets worse. It's progressive.

My experiment with Purifier didn't go down well yet. I can keep 1 target alive just fine, but the rest is problematic. I'm currently trying to find a way to create a spam macro that heals all members in my group one by one. If that's possible at all. A bit like the group cleansing macro's.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post

My experiment with Purifier didn't go down well yet. I can keep 1 target alive just fine, but the rest is problematic. I'm currently trying to find a way to create a spam macro that heals all members in my group one by one. If that's possible at all. A bit like the group cleansing macro's.
    Keep in mind purifier AFAIK is a single target healer, so struggling with keeping the entire party alive is to be expected I think, simply due to the limitations of the soul itself.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

Rift Disciple

I believe having Divine Favor on non-tank members (assuming it's a five man group) should help. If you know damage is coming, try to throw a shield on squishier members and doing so after they take damage can give you time to top them off.

While in my opinion Purifier cooldowns aren't as strong as they used to be, you can swing your mouse over and click those on the hotbar as needed.

But do keep in mind, Purifier is best at single target healing. It will take some practice and some higher APM to heal a group effectively. Best of luck!

Op i use logitech g600 mouse with 15 programmable buttons.
    You dont need the delayed commands really, certanly not in pvp.

And most of inquisitors abilty can be macroed, like the delayed ones in one macro, usually a burst macro, the other abilty can be macroed wiith modifiers like shift, control or alt.
    But with the mouse you got, you will get more buttons on your mouse than there is abiltys

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2