+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid vs Shaman question

Shadowlander

Default Druid vs Shaman question

I'm seeking a melee Cleric build primarily for soloing with some limited grouping. I've been doing a good bit of reading about the Druid and Shaman souls on these forums and both sound really interesting in theory. However, I've read conflicting posts how these two are performing on live as well as the PTR.

Could anyone with practical experience with either or both of these souls provide some constructive feedback on these souls? How is the damage output as well as their survivability?

I thank you in advance for your time and feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Carandrian View Post
    Could anyone with practical experience with either or both of these souls provide some constructive feedback on these souls? How is the damage output as well as their survivability?
    Druid and shams survivalbility are about the same.

Shams survival is slightly higher during full dps though because it utilizes two shields (druid and sham), it's mana regen doesn't inflict self damage, and it's healing is based on attacks done.

Druid's survival is less during full dps because most of the survivability comes from the healer pet (which means sacrificing 15% dps)

As far as dps goes (single target):
    Druid is top dps by a small margin
    Shaman is trailing.

However. It takes considerably more effort and ideal circumstances to even approach druids maximum dps. This being said, shaman usually wins for the majority of players in the majority of situations.

As far as dps goes (AoE):
    No contest, Shaman wins
    Druid has worse AoE than Healers.

Shadowlander

Thank you Zehne for the very informative reply! Does the Shaman perform well for solo leveling?

imo shaman is just fine for leveling.

Back at SFP launch I leveled 70 just fine with it. Little did I know that sham was the weakest spec at the time. Since then it's gotten buffed considerably so that won't be an issue.

truthfully it's probably the best spec to level with.

Pick Legendary Fairy healer from 0 druid as your first Legendary to get massive survival boost, then pick Legendary Bolt of Judgement from inquisitor as your 2nd one for a massive damage boost for your 2nd legendary. Both are passives so you won't need to do anything special when you get them.

Shadowlander

Excellent, and thanks again. I'll have to do some research on the legendary mechanics. They weren't in game last time I played.

+ Reply to Thread