+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Revive Shaman

Champion

Default Revive Shaman

Shaman is absolutely my favorite Cleric soul. I love the action, the speed and being up in the frontline. Currently it is only viable(ish) because of the inquisitor's legendary bolt of judgement that most of us add. Not even a Shaman ability is keeping it alive a bit. I'm already a bit ashamed to use it in dungeons. I get 300+ DPS, but other seem to easily top that. When the nerfs are implemented it will be completely useless. Shaman itself will be nerfed AGAIN and inquisitor's legendary BOJ will only do a 6th of the damage that it does now.

I've tried playing other souls. I can get lots of DPS with Defiler or inquisitor. Double even. But it just isn't fun at all. It's all so slow and static, pressing my numbers in the correct rotation. It really sucks the fun right out of it.

What is left to do? Adding both Legendary Salvation and Legendary Fairy Healer, equip a sword and shield and just troll in PVP? Is this the reason why so many cleric tanks are showing up now in warfronts?
    Last edited by Xlavius; 02-01-2017 at 03:23 AM.

Ascendant

Inquisitor is getting balanced on PTS and it's long overdue like pyroele, aftershocker, RB ect fotm specs.

There might be more changes to come to shamans but shaman shouldn't be at half dps of inquisitor unless you did something wrong.

But anyways you might want to consider learning Druid because Druid is really good after the balance pass, one of the highest parsing spec on pts currently.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 02-01-2017 at 03:29 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Inquisitor beats shaman straight up on live, you should be playing that instead.
    Yes, I already stated that, and that it bores me to death.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Yes, I already stated that, and that it bores me to death.
    Sorry I just reread your post so I edited mine because i just woke up.

I was talking about considering learning Druid

Champion

I'm just gonna play dungeons with my nerfed Shaman until EVERYBODY demands it to be made stronger.
    Last edited by Xlavius; 02-01-2017 at 04:33 AM.

I'm pulling 300K+ with my Shaman, I don't see what the problem is. It isn't a race to see who has the most but keeping crap done as a group.

Besides I rarely use Shaman in dungeons, I either use a Druid/Cab spec or INQ...

Every spec needs reviving, but that won't be done until all of the balancing is done.

They're leaving balancing healing classes until after the raid has been released

How do you have your shaman spec set up? This is what I use and I kick butt in WF and do lots of damage in dungeons... I need better gear to pull the really high numbers but I still do good.

61 sham
    12 inq
    3 sent

I don't use anything except for the buffs from inq and I do good.... not sure how exactly to set up the points from 60-65 but this is how I run it

61) 3
    62) 3
    63) 1
    64) 3
    65) 3

Quote Originally Posted by Knights Imperium View Post
    How do you have your shaman spec set up? This is what I use and I kick butt in WF and do lots of damage in dungeons... I need better gear to pull the really high numbers but I still do good.

61 sham
    12 inq
    3 sent

I don't use anything except for the buffs from inq and I do good.... not sure how exactly to set up the points from 60-65 but this is how I run it

61) 3
    62) 3
    63) 1
    64) 3
    65) 3
    I have 3 different Shaman specs I can use, the 1-button is just for when I'm lazy...

My top dps spec is 61 Shaman/10 Inquisitor/ 5 Runeshaper

And my points are 3/1/1/3/3

For most dungeon's I use: 37 Cabalist/ 24 Druid/ 15 Inquisitor

And my points are 4/2/3/3/3

The AOE on this spec can pull anywhere from 300-500K depending on buffs and if you have your crystal.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Shaman is absolutely my favorite Cleric soul. I love the action, the speed and being up in the frontline. Currently it is only viable(ish) because of the inquisitor's legendary bolt of judgement that most of us add. Not even a Shaman ability is keeping it alive a bit. I'm already a bit ashamed to use it in dungeons. I get 300+ DPS, but other seem to easily top that. When the nerfs are implemented it will be completely useless. Shaman itself will be nerfed AGAIN and inquisitor's legendary BOJ will only do a 6th of the damage that it does now.

I've tried playing other souls. I can get lots of DPS with Defiler or inquisitor. Double even. But it just isn't fun at all. It's all so slow and static, pressing my numbers in the correct rotation. It really sucks the fun right out of it.

What is left to do? Adding both Legendary Salvation and Legendary Fairy Healer, equip a sword and shield and just troll in PVP? Is this the reason why so many cleric tanks are showing up now in warfronts?
    Cleric has the worse melee specs for PvP and in PvE if you need to target switch druid is horrible on PTS. Much better classes out there for melee and for pvp in general. This is the same reason you saw tons of mages playing dom arb for a long time in PvP in NT. They did have some good specs though like pyro at the time but it was just better to troll tank because their dps specs were not competitive with the ones going around at the time like Ranger inquisitor and reaver(absolute faceroll in PvP.) At least they are not spamming squirrel over and over on your team. There was a short time when they nerfed reaver back in NT where VK was being troll spec'ed too but they quickly buffed paragon and warlord after and gave warriors two fantastic dps melee specs. What they did for cleric was just awful in comparison.

Rogues didn't really need to tank they were the most OP healers for most of NT until FK and basically were like tanks with the ability to heal others making them tanks. They had a ranger/sab spec with lots of TTK because of diffuse and tons of damage output and the pet was annoying tab target fodder. They could also go around spamming the same warfront and stealth capping nodes which gave them a significant advantage.. they had more usable specs and still do for PvP.

When a class ends up being consider troll class its because the developers failed to give them competitive specs. They delivered on FK and elementalist for the mages.. but Runeshaper was a FLOP in PvP for Clerics. So the clerics waited for compensation for the prior Shaman/inquisitor nerfs (directly or indirectly) and then came Druid and it FLOPPED in PvP. So they waited even longer because Defiler had to be the one, right? Nope it flopped.. all three souls were bad and continue to be bad in PvP to this day. Inq and shaman are barely even competitive as well. Shaman actually plays worse than pre NT and it wasn't even on the radar of needing to be adjusted pre NT.

There is no point playing defiler in PvP either because if you pick up the faire you can't kill healers with it at all and you can load a healer or tank up with every dot from defiler and it would hit like a wet noodle. There ST dps is horrible in comparison to other specs and because of its RNG nature you can't count on its burst. At least warlock padded dots actually pose a threat and the range it can hit is much larger. Not sure about defiler dots but it has a short range last I checked in comparison. Also, to maximize dps of Defiler you will have to spam miserly affliction which is getting nerfed next patch for some stupid reason since 61 defiler doesn't even come close to competing with inquidefiler. 61 defiler isn't even getting compensated for a nerf that they are doing because of a hybrid spec. That means it just got overlooked and would be even worse after 4.1 when in fact it should be buffed. 61 is also plague with playability problems in PvP because of the suicide mechanic. Note to everyone your the only class that has this both in druid and defiler.

Druid is like the only thing in terms of dps.. Runeshaper gets a slight buff too but those specs are garbage in PvP. the only way to fix this is to make every other class soul play as horrible as these do in pvp which will never happen.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-12-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Cleric has the worse melee specs for PvP and in PvE if you need to target switch druid is horrible on PTS. Much better classes out there for melee and for pvp in general. This is the same reason you saw tons of mages playing dom arb for a long time in PvP in NT. They did have some good specs though like pyro at the time but it was just better to troll tank because their dps specs were not competitive with the ones going around at the time like Ranger inquisitor and reaver(absolute faceroll in PvP.) At least they are not spamming squirrel over and over on your team. There was a short time when they nerfed reaver back in NT where VK was being troll spec'ed too but they quickly buffed paragon and warlord after and gave warriors two fantastic dps melee specs. What they did for cleric was just awful in comparison.

Rogues didn't really need to tank they were the most OP healers for most of NT until FK and basically were like tanks with the ability to heal others making them tanks. They had a ranger/sab spec with lots of TTK because of diffuse and tons of damage output and the pet was annoying tab target fodder. They could also go around spamming the same warfront and stealth capping nodes which gave them a significant advantage.. they had more usable specs and still do for PvP.

When a class ends up being consider troll class its because the developers failed to give them competitive specs. They delivered on FK and elementalist for the mages.. but Runeshaper was a FLOP in PvP for Clerics. So the clerics waited for compensation for the prior Shaman/inquisitor nerfs (directly or indirectly) and then came Druid and it FLOPPED in PvP. So they waited even longer because Defiler had to be the one, right? Nope it flopped.. all three souls were bad and continue to be bad in PvP to this day. Inq and shaman are barely even competitive as well. Shaman actually plays worse than pre NT and it wasn't even on the radar of needing to be adjusted pre NT.

There is no point playing defiler in PvP either because if you pick up the faire you can't kill healers with it at all and you can load a healer or tank up with every dot from defiler and it would hit like a wet noodle. There ST dps is horrible in comparison to other specs and because of its RNG nature you can't count on its burst. At least warlock padded dots actually pose a threat and the range it can hit is much larger. Not sure about defiler dots but it has a short range last I checked in comparison. Also, to maximize dps of Defiler you will have to spam miserly affliction which is getting nerfed next patch for some stupid reason since 61 defiler doesn't even come close to competing with inquidefiler. 61 defiler isn't even getting compensated for a nerf that they are doing because of a hybrid spec. That means it just got overlooked and would be even worse after 4.1 when in fact it should be buffed. 61 is also plague with playability problems in PvP because of the suicide mechanic. Note to everyone your the only class that has this both in druid and defiler.

Druid is like the only thing in terms of dps.. Runeshaper gets a slight buff too but those specs are garbage in PvP. the only way to fix this is to make every other class soul play as horrible as these do in pvp which will never happen.
    Why are you even talking about PVP, that is dead. Besides if you want to PVP go in as a healer since all other classes aren't the best at healing like Cleric's are...

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by WiseHermit View Post
    Why are you even talking about PVP, that is dead. Besides if you want to PVP go in as a healer since all other classes aren't the best at healing like Cleric's are...
    If PVP is dead, then PVE is deader. Que for warfront on average about 15 seconds. Que for a random SFP expert dungeon: Anywhere from 15 minutes to over an hour. I usually gather materials during dungeon que, yesterday I got three full 99 stacks of SFP mats before I gave up. This is on the EU server.
    Last edited by Xlavius; 02-13-2017 at 05:47 AM.

After several tests in PTS Shaman is viable, of course there're others specs that beat Shaman, like Inquisitor, but it will keep pretty much the same dmg than now in Live. If you want to do more dmg with Cleric you gonna need to play other souls than Shaman, but it will be viable. You only need to use Jolt again, it will hit like a train and even more if you use the Icy Shield Legendary (700k/800k per hit), but i don't recomend that Legendary because you lose better legendaries options.

So, basically it stills the same adding Jolt again in rotation and Legendary Sanction Heretic instead of Legendary Bolt of Judgment. The only problem you will have is that you need to keep even more than before an eye on Icy Blow charges because you're adding an extra GCD to the rotation.

But like i said Shaman will be fine but won't be cleric top dps spec.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post
    After several tests in PTS Shaman is viable, of course there're others specs that beat Shaman, like Inquisitor, but it will keep pretty much the same dmg than now in Live. If you want to do more dmg with Cleric you gonna need to play other souls than Shaman, but it will be viable. You only need to use Jolt again, it will hit like a train and even more if you use the Icy Shield Legendary (700k/800k per hit), but i don't recomend that Legendary because you lose better legendaries options.

So, basically it stills the same adding Jolt again in rotation and Legendary Sanction Heretic instead of Legendary Bolt of Judgment. The only problem you will have is that you need to keep even more than before an eye on Icy Blow charges because you're adding an extra GCD to the rotation.

I do decent damage as is with me at lvl 65, I don't have the best gear and I can take on a lvl 70 in pvp... most of time anyways.

Basically all the specs are equally as good, I don't have defiler or oracle to help me with the really good damage but I don't need them when all I want to do is kill off one or two people each time I respawn.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post

Well, if the parses of other classes are being taken into consideration I think cleric is at the bottom. Actually in some cases I think the person testing cleric is doing it in the dummy foundry and every other class tester is doing it in their dimension.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast