+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Revive Shaman

Fia

Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

I can't speak for pve. But for pvp shaman is in a very good spot atm. I still wish we had our snare become ogcd though and an extra cc.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    I can't speak for pve. But for pvp shaman is in a very good spot atm. I still wish we had our snare become ogcd though and an extra cc.
    IBx 4 is 60% damage and needs to be maintained through melee to get maximum burst potential. This makes it have one of the longest ramp up to burst times of any melee class in the game. You could spec for survival though and kill some players in their pure dps souls but that is something every class can do. As it stands they are the most countered class in the game, in my opinion.

Also, LBoJ is nerfed heavily on PTS. It is usually the top parsing ability of shamans in PvP because they are more than half the time at range without 2-3 pocket healers. Say goodbye to a large chunk of sustained. They are the worse to heal in PvP as a pure dps in comparison to other pure dps classes since they lack the escape death type of talents other classes have and cc immunity is all messed up with cc amd pull ins not respecting DR.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-25-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    IBx 4 is 60% damage and needs to be maintained to get maximum burst potential. This makes it have one of the longest ramp up to burst times of any melee class in the game.
    This is not correct. There are many melee souls that has longer wind up than 4 gcd.

NB for example requires 8 gcd. You need dark malady for a 20% buff, then you need death from the shadows to apply the initial fiery spike, then you need to apply dusk to dawn for 20% damage, then you need to apply Dusk Strike 5 times or you lose 100% damage on all your following finisher spams (and u literally spam finishers for the next 21 seconds).

Makes it 8 GCD required to burst for a whooping total of 120%/140% damage. 4gcd and 60%? lol.

Shaman's "winds up to burst" window is so fast it makes me envy a little.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 02-25-2017 at 12:47 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    This is not correct. There are many melee souls that has longer wind up than 4 gcd.
    Including shaman. RIF. Rogue gets a broken pull from SB, TT which is basically another cleanse and break free, Blazing path and spammable snare. Plus half their abilities from openers are range attacks.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-25-2017 at 01:13 AM.

Ascendant

Including shaman. RIF. Rogue gets a broken pull from SB, TT which is basically another cleanse and break free, Blazing path and spammable snare. Plus half their abilities from openers are range attacks.
    Sure yea I know I know rogues most OP class in rift right now. I get it I get it. kk =^)

TT has a CD of 2mins, which is pretty huge. Let's not imply or pretend that it's always up when you need it, because it's not.

Clerics can get a perma snare too now in waterjet, and that's 35m as opposed to NB's 20m snare.

SB pull is indeed broken, but guess what? So is fairy legendary passive heals. Ask any rogue if they could choose fairy heal over SB pull, they'd all say fairy heal.

Blazing path isn't any different than most other blinks, it just gives you a speed buff as well, but the trade off is, you have to be a NB to get blazing path, where as every other blink can be taken as an off soul option, like dark passage from caba.

There is no scenario currently, where a rogue ever beats a shaman 1v1, and that's a problem. The only rogue spec I could maybe see beating a shaman would be marksman. Maybe.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

Lol shaman is still terrible for pvp, although not as bad as nb (until 4.1). A melee setup for 4s is suicide when there are 5 eles on each team that kills people in 2s, still has zero utility, worst snare in the game & the top damaging ability is getting nerfed.

The only way the spec can be competitive in pvp as a melee dps is if the snare is made ogcd, a leap back or blink is added into the tree & the interupt debils on successful or even better a separate debilitate.

Until shaman gets anything other that damage nerfs or buffs it won't be good.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    There is no scenario currently, where a rogue ever beats a shaman 1v1, and that's a problem. The only rogue spec I could maybe see beating a shaman would be marksman. Maybe.
    This is not true. A pure shaman absolutely is the most countered FoTM spec outside of Druid. The only thing even remotely keeping them competitive is the low access synergy with FH which still is a significant dps loss for taking.

You just fall into the same paradigm as the other three classes. When they buffed the other three classes they were farming clerics in 1 button IWIN specs. I leveled all my other classes with 1 button specs to 65 in prep for SFP so don't even try to argue against this. I took those same 1 buttons into pvp and did better in myrm/dreambreaker than I did with full best in slot NT PvP gear cleric. I actually fell asleep because the learning curve for those classes were something a 6 year old could play and look like a pro. Elememtalist, ranger/sab and 1 button paragons and WL. When Trion leaves one class extremely crippled for this long it is only natural the other three gang up to keep them crippled.

Trion devs should realize that bias, and unfortunately, in my opinion, I don't think they read the data they get correctly, especially the leaderboards which paints a wildly different picture compared to the forum QQ. Not to mention the only reason I asked them to make Druid a contender to rogue melee souls like Sin is because I knew for a long time that cleric was heading toward Troll Tanks. Can't defend a node vs. a sin for the last 3 years as a cleric dps. They were barely challenging rogues as an OP double JP using Inquisitor back in SL and probably was the most balanced 1 v 1 matchup which the rogue could have won as well especially if he did the same as the cleric and invested some points in rs or phys. Either way the rogue won't die they will just slip away. The only time when cleric was competitive even in PvE from Dps specs was pre MoM on some boss fights and post CoA when they buffed defiler which lead to inquidefiler, not as good as jumpalist usually, and drufiler which only 1 or 2 clerics actually used for the short time it was OP toward the end of NT.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-27-2017 at 04:17 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    This is not true. A pure shaman absolutely is the most countered FoTM spec outside of Druid. The only thing even remotely keeping them competitive is the low access synergy with FH which still is a significant dps loss for taking.
    Yeah, but they're nerfing FH, aren't they? Or did I understand that incorrectly?

The rogues that melt my Shaman in under 2 seconds are the really fast jumpy left-right sidesteppy ones, whatevery they are called. It seems like they can freeze or snare me multiple times. Or at least more often then I can cleanse myself.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Yeah, but they're nerfing FH, aren't they? Or did I understand that incorrectly?

The rogues that melt my Shaman in under 2 seconds are the really fast jumpy left-right sidesteppy ones, whatevery they are called. It seems like they can freeze or snare me multiple times. Or at least more often then I can cleanse myself.
    Rogue has it pretty much made. Sure not as powerful as mage burst or primalist burst but they have the best souls for PvP. Bladedancer can pull 70K+ AoE burst in PvP. Sin can pretty much kill any full dps out of stealth, MM is getting buffed even though they are pulling top KBs week after week. And for most part of NT they had the best ST healer and now the best St/AoE hybrid healer. The love affair Trion has with rogues is morbidly gross at the moment.
    If I was purely looking at a time frame of FoTM rogue has enjoyed being on top for a long time, probably the longest of any calling. They were FotM in every role so far and they were the only class that made hybrids work with tank specs like NB/RS or bloodstalker. or phys/rs etc.

For instance, when was the last time you ever saw popularity of Mein of Honor in Rift. Been in Rift for many years and that has never worked in any synergy for cleric at all even for leveling.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-12-2017 at 11:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2