+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Cleric DPS

Champion

Default Cleric DPS

So, now that I'm doing lots of world events, which I can do on autopilot, I have lots of opportunity to look at my DPS meter. I see that I can do ~250k DPS with my Shaman. According to the recent Shaman builds here on the forum, this is according to expectation. I love Shaman, even for PVP. Some do more DPS, but I can wear them out very often.

But what about the people doing ~500, or even ~600 k DPS?! What are they using? Other classes/souls/equipment? Is this the balancing issue that people keep bringing up here in the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    So, now that I'm doing lots of world events, which I can do on autopilot, I have lots of opportunity to look at my DPS meter. I see that I can do ~250k DPS with my Shaman. According to the recent Shaman builds here on the forum, this is according to expectation. I love Shaman, even for PVP. Some do more DPS, but I can wear them out very often.

But what about the people doing ~500, or even ~600 k DPS?! What are they using? Other classes/souls/equipment? Is this the balancing issue that people keep bringing up here in the forums?
    Inquisitor amd Runeshaper/Oracle.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Inquisitor amd Runeshaper/Oracle.
    But not just inquisitor then? You need Runeshaper for the high DPS?

But not just inquisitor then? You need Runeshaper for the high DPS?
    Some of those high DPS players you see are using Inquisitor. Others are using Runeshaper/Oracle hybrids.

I think the top Inquisitor build uses Inscribe Fate and Bolt of Light, so yes, you probably need Runeshaper for optimal DPS.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 01-15-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Druid and sham are the only specs that don't 'need' RS

Druid because BoL from sentinel is better ( synergizes with life damage boost)
    Sham because Druid is on the same level as RS (but the legendary buff lasts longer).

Inquisitor's DPS is around 600k+ to 1M+ in 20/40 sec combat, but it gonna be less after Class Balance Patch. Even so Inquisitor will be higher than Shaman, not just for the nerfs but Inquisitor is a ranged spec and shaman doesn't.

It is something that TRION need to fix as well, in a static combat, melee should be higher than any ranged spec ALWAYS, because in a real combat (most of them) there'll be disconects and much more movement than a ranged one.

So as it works like that melee cleric specs (druid/shaman) will be useless after patch and inquisitor will be the highest dps spec for us:

Legendary Radical Coalescence passive reduced to 35% (down from 50%)
    Legendary Perseverance damage bonus reduced to 20% (down from 30%)

These 2 changes affects Inquisitor directly but the one that affects all other specs is:

Legendary Bolt of Judgement can now only proc once every 6 seconds. Proc chance raised to compensate.

And unfortunately Legendary Bolt of Judgement is what does most of the DPS for other specs but Inquisitor and Runeshaper, and the change to 61 Runeshaper is not enough to be competetive against Inquisitor.

Legendary Rune of Impending Doom deals 60% more damage per Runestrike and Rune of Castigation (up from 40%).

Rune of Impending Doom is a "residual" damage skill into a 61RS parse, It's a hit every 28 secs.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post
    Inquisitor's DPS is around 600k+ to 1M+ in 20/40 sec combat, but it gonna be less after Class Balance Patch. Even so Inquisitor will be higher than Shaman, not just for the nerfs but Inquisitor is a ranged spec and shaman doesn't.

It is something that TRION need to fix as well, in a static combat, melee should be higher than any ranged spec ALWAYS, because in a real combat (most of them) there'll be disconects and much more movement than a ranged one.

So as it works like that melee cleric specs (druid/shaman) will be useless after patch and inquisitor will be the highest dps spec for us:

Legendary Radical Coalescence passive reduced to 35% (down from 50%)
    Legendary Perseverance damage bonus reduced to 20% (down from 30%)

These 2 changes affects Inquisitor directly but the one that affects all other specs is:

Legendary Bolt of Judgement can now only proc once every 6 seconds. Proc chance raised to compensate.

And unfortunately Legendary Bolt of Judgement is what does most of the DPS for other specs but Inquisitor and Runeshaper, and the change to 61 Runeshaper is not enough to be competetive against Inquisitor.

Legendary Rune of Impending Doom deals 60% more damage per Runestrike and Rune of Castigation (up from 40%).

Rune of Impending Doom is a "residual" damage skill into a 61RS parse, It's a hit every 28 secs.
    Inquisitor? Without Runeshaper or Oracle? Can you please advise me a build? I can't for the life of me break 100k. That's the reason I went with Shaman in the first place.

Inquisitor? Without Runeshaper or Oracle? Can you please advise me a build? I can't for the life of me break 100k. That's the reason I went with Shaman in the first place.
    61 Inquisitor with Sentinel and Runeshaper, both legendaries for the extra damage.

You can find how to use it here:
    Inquisitor Guide by Burninalways

Rift Master

I think people should pay for runeshaper, defiler and oracle to be competitive in DPS. It only makes sense since top dps is primalist and payed class. And also, cleric healing isn't going to be as good as the payed healing souls like tact and FK. And you will only bring an oracle because they actually will try to build a niche circumstance where its 61 point mastery is needed. Other than that it has nothing to compete with Archon and BM.. They are being one sided and losing money for doing so plus in my opinion messing clerics over. Inq is okay but it will not be top range dps for all the classes. In my opinion that will belong to warrior and primalist.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-16-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Telaran

As others have said 61 Inq/10 Runeshaper/5 sent is the top Inquisitor DPS build.

The free soul version Inquisitor/shaman/sentinel gets you 90% of the dps.

However consensus is the Defiler is the top cleric DPS soul,
    38 Defiler / 36 Inquisitor / 2 Runeshaper being top DPS (AFAIK significantly better than any 61 Inquisitor)

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    I think people should pay for runeshaper, defiler and oracle to be competitive in DPS. It only makes sense since top dps is primalist and payed class. And also, cleric healing isn't going to be as good as the payed healing souls like tact and FK. And you will only bring an oracle because they actually will try to build a niche circumstance where its 61 point mastery is needed. Other than that it has nothing to compete with Archon and BM.. They are being one sided and losing money for doing so plus in my opinion messing clerics over. Inq is okay but it will not be top range dps for all the classes. In my opinion that will belong to warrior and primalist.
    Primalist top dps? no way. It has a very nice DPS (PvE) and is imba for PvP but it is not the top dps nowadays. Mages, Clerics and Warriors do better than Primalist. After balance patch we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by WickedSticky View Post
    However consensus is the Defiler is the top cleric DPS soul,
    38 Defiler / 36 Inquisitor / 2 Runeshaper being top DPS (AFAIK significantly better than any 61 Inquisitor)
    Since SPF experts are so easy and bosses don't last longer than 30 sec so far Defiler has nothing to do with top dps to be honest, most of the times you don't have enough time to get the whole damage from your DoTs and the boss die. And with the nerf coming to Misserly Afliction it probably will be worse than Inquisitor or Runeshaper.
    Last edited by Shelenia; 01-19-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Champion

Primalist top dps? no way. It has a very nice DPS (PvE) and is imba for PvP but it is not the top dps nowadays. Mages, Clerics and Warriors do better than Primalist. After balance patch we'll see...

Since SPF experts are so easy and bosses don't last longer than 30 sec so far Defiler has nothing to do with top dps to be honest, most of the times you don't have enough time to get the whole damage from your DoTs and the boss die. And with the nerf coming to Misserly Afliction it probably will be worse than Inquisitor or Runeshaper.
    I guess you haven't played with many primas? I'd link some parses of my prima guildie, but we all know how that ends *cough*nerfs*cough*. Not that many are left though...Anyway, on live it's between elepyro and prima for top dps right now, but elepyro will destroy a prima if there's cleave.

That being said, primas can still only tank and dps effectively, since preserver isn't really viable for a lot of fights unless you're very skilled, especially those with heavy raid damage. Warriors only have riftblade at the moment, and it barely even matters because there are currently no fights that last long enough for RB to ramp up fully, assuming your group is average and not terribad.

For me on my cleric, inquis is tops by a slight margin, with shaman just behind. From what I'm seeing of the pts changes, that probably won't change. Then again, I've been playing inquis longer than most other specs, especially the new defiler.
    Last edited by Boxsmith; 01-19-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    I guess you haven't played with many primas? I'd link some parses of my prima guildie, but we all know how that ends *cough*nerfs*cough*. Not that many are left though...Anyway, on live it's between elepyro and prima for top dps right now, but elepyro will destroy a prima if there's cleave.

That being said, primas can still only tank and dps effectively, since preserver isn't really viable for a lot of fights unless you're very skilled, especially those with heavy raid damage. Warriors only have riftblade at the moment, and it barely even matters because there are currently no fights that last long enough for RB to ramp up fully, assuming your group is average and not terribad.

For me on my cleric, inquis is tops by a slight margin, with shaman just behind. From what I'm seeing of the pts changes, that probably won't change. Then again, I've been playing inquis longer than most other specs, especially the new defiler.
    Well, yeah, i'm talking about my own experiences with guildmates and some pugs, and as far as i've seen Primalist do ok, but nothing amazing. Ananke as a sample, while i was doing 1M+ DPS, a primalist were doing 600/700k, around the same than Warrior, while mage uses to do pretty much the same than me, and of course i'm talking here about expert bosses, not Event Bosses nor Dummies nor anything else. Let's say that the average is around 600/800k for Inqui/Pyroele and around 400/550k for Warrior/Primalist, being the rogue the lowest with around 300/350k.

And as i said i'm talking about my own experience, most of it with guildmates, i don't use to group with PuGs that much, basically because it's hard to find someone who does decent dps and perhaps some guildies doesn't do so good either but at least i can poke them in TeamSpeak

Champion

Well, yeah, i'm talking about my own experiences with guildmates and some pugs, and as far as i've seen Primalist do ok, but nothing amazing. Ananke as a sample, while i was doing 1M+ DPS, a primalist were doing 600/700k, around the same than Warrior, while mage uses to do pretty much the same than me, and of course i'm talking here about expert bosses, not Event Bosses nor Dummies nor anything else. Let's say that the average is around 600/800k for Inqui/Pyroele and around 400/550k for Warrior/Primalist, being the rogue the lowest with around 300/350k.

And as i said i'm talking about my own experience, most of it with guildmates, i don't use to group with PuGs that much, basically because it's hard to find someone who does decent dps and perhaps some guildies doesn't do so good either but at least i can poke them in TeamSpeak
    Yeah ananke is kind of....not a real indicator of dps? The ananke boss part of the fight lasts like 30s with decent dps on boss, and there's some sort of interaction going on that multiplies your effective dps (never bothered to check buffs / debuffs as the phase is so short). The top prima spec right now on live works around a 60s buff and has no real "burst" or anything.

At the start of the 60s, dmg is increased significantly, but that increase drops lower and lower the closer the cd is to becoming available again. You can't "hold" this cd either, as it is necessary to make the spec ranged. So, if, say, that phase began with the prima 30s into his cd cycle, then he's not gonna do good 30s burst dps compared to an elepyro or an inquis, or even a reaver who had sergeant's order available.
    Last edited by Boxsmith; 01-20-2017 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    Yeah ananke is kind of....not a real indicator of dps? The ananke boss part of the fight lasts like 30s with decent dps on boss, and there's some sort of interaction going on that multiplies your effective dps (never bothered to check buffs / debuffs as the phase is so short). The top prima spec right now on live works around a 60s buff and has no real "burst" or anything.

At the start of the 60s, dmg is increased significantly, but that increase drops lower and lower the closer the cd is to becoming available again. You can't "hold" this cd either, as it is necessary to make the spec ranged. So, if, say, that phase began with the prima 30s into his cd cycle, then he's not gonna do good 30s burst dps compared to an elepyro or an inquis, or even a reaver who had sergeant's order available.
    And that's why "no burst specs" cannot bright nowadays; i cannot say any expert boss that lasts longer than 1 min, only the BeeBee one and you cannot take this fight as a sample either due to Hives and Pure Spirits die pretty fast too. And it's quite annoying to be honest, such a thing only happened before when raids were out for a while and you can just rush the expert due to the T1/T2/T3 stuff, i cannot imagine what will happen to experts with raid geared characters, probably we will get the whole instance loot from the entrance because bosses will surrender before you can reach to them

Once LFR get fixed we perhaps will get some data for a real "long" combat. Until then this is it
    Last edited by Shelenia; 01-20-2017 at 06:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast