+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Possible ability bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Sinunu View Post
    so, why do both doctrines consume 4 convictions,even when your so low in health that they can't possibly do overhealing?
    when I noticed the fact, I was way below their healing capabilitys in actual health, doing Scarn the last 10% solo :P
    and I didn't get the shield or was that just gone in a mere sec?
    /facepalm

The talents do TWO things, not 1, 2.

1) If you overheal with the doctrine you get a shield
    • Cannot happen more than once every 10 seconds
    • Shielded amount is 6% of your max hp
    2) Each Doctrine can consume 3 additional convictions
    • Always uses as many as it can
      • 1 conviction = 1 consumed
      • 2 conviction = 2 consumed
      • 3 conviction = 3 consumed
      • 4 conviction = 4 consumed
      • 5 conviction = 4 consumed, 1 left
    • For each conviction consumed healing from tooltip is multiplied by 1
      • 1 consumed = tooltip healing * 1
      • 2 consumed = tooltip healing * 2
    And that's it, there are ~~0 bugs with DoL/DoA/DoB

I say ~~0 because the AoE and ST healing crystals have interactions with the abilities, but that was addressed in NMT and said to be given the 'Okay' by devs.

Telaran

Probably gunna get yelled at here or may be working correctly but Legendary HF is granting 2 stacks of Faith's Reward

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    Probably gunna get yelled at here or may be working correctly but Legendary HF is granting 2 stacks of Faith's Reward
    Don't be ashamed to post bugs that benefit the class. Its already in the toilet and it may be better to send cleric into a critical state so the devs actually are forced to turn their attention to cleric community.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Don't be ashamed to post bugs that benefit the class. Its already in the toilet and it may be better to send cleric into a critical state so the devs actually are forced to turn their attention to cleric community.
    These things cause a massive back lash. Trion has no idea. I have plenty of cleric players in my guild, many are female and play with their friends or family. If they leave they are taking all of them with them eventually.. Trion just doesn't understand what they are doing and how much they are losing in profit from this. Developing a proc that directly amplifies an on going problem with the class to turn it from a problem to a full blown out break is just bad for everyone. I'm still hopeful that they will turn around the class but I see almost every little problem they are creating for the class as if they have no clue that the problems have existed. Look at them having to revamp the way mana regens back in NT. Now to add back the problem with Eternal weapons or lose a large portion of your dps? What is the difference. Do Trion expect clerics to be the only class forced into consumable use just to be 25% under other classes instead of 30%?
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-06-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Shadowlander

Not sure if anyone else has had an issue, but aoe cleanse (curative waters) in warden doesn't seem to work for the first boss in TD. It is fine everywhere else except TD. Other aoe cleanses work for that mechanic...

Also, the other day instant Ward of Fire wouldn't work in Puri. Yes, yes...I know - why Puri? go Sent! Which I have now been using in TD instead. Just mentioning it as another ability bug.

Soulwalker

Hey all,

I'm a simple warrior trying to have some fun with my cleric Druid spec. I keep running into issues with either understanding what exactly is an ability supposed to do or bugs! Below are my findings:

Character Name: Wrathburn
    Level: 65
    Build: 61 Druid

1. Ability Name: Nature's Censure
    Deals X amount of damage. Damage is increased by 10% for every stack of Natural Force on the target. If the target has 5 stacks of Natural Force, damage is increased by 200%. Clears all stacks of Natural Force.

When actually using this ability(testing on level 62 raid boss dummy)
    With no Natural Force: 11k damage
    With 1 Natural Force: 12k damage
    With 5 Natural Force: 18k damage

My expectation for "With 5 Natural Force" is 22k or even 33k?(11 + 11*200/100). What i'm getting is as above. I tried to reset my soul, didn't help. This looks like a bug to me. Does anyone else have the same issue?
    I'd also expect the ability tooltip to be updated everytime the debuff on the target changes but that is not happening as well.

2. is the part of Righteous Protection mastery about Resounding Blow bugged? Resounding Blow buff is not consumed by ranged ability but the buff from this mastery still becomes active.
    Righteous Protection: Consuming the buff from Resounding Blow applies an additional buff, increasing the damage done by your next damaging ability within 10s by 25%.
    Resounding Blow Buff: Increase damage of the Cleric's next melee abilityby 50%.

Resounding Blow buff is not consumed when a ranged ability is cast but Righteous Protection buff is activated.

In case these are not bugs but just my misunderstanding, i'd appreciate any sort of short explanation.

Thanks in advance!
    TheKnightOfDarkness@Gelidra - Unwilling@Gelidra - MajorRift@Gelidra - Wrathburn@Gelidra - Ahnket@Gelidra

Quote Originally Posted by UnusualBunny View Post
    Cabalist:
    Legendary Condensed Obliteration: Upon death or when soul walking still seems to shoot Bound Fate, and also triggers the legendary bolt of judgment. addressed on PTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana from Rift 4.1 Patch Notes
    CABALIST
    * Legendary Condensed Obliteration no longer fires Bound Fate while dead.
    It stills happening.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by strength above all View Post
    Hey all,

I'm a simple warrior trying to have some fun with my cleric Druid spec. I keep running into issues with either understanding what exactly is an ability supposed to do or bugs! Below are my findings:

Character Name: Wrathburn
    Level: 65
    Build: 61 Druid

1. Ability Name: Nature's Censure
    Deals X amount of damage. Damage is increased by 10% for every stack of Natural Force on the target. If the target has 5 stacks of Natural Force, damage is increased by 200%. Clears all stacks of Natural Force.

When actually using this ability(testing on level 62 raid boss dummy)
    With no Natural Force: 11k damage
    With 1 Natural Force: 12k damage
    With 5 Natural Force: 18k damage

My expectation for "With 5 Natural Force" is 22k or even 33k?(11 + 11*200/100). What i'm getting is as above. I tried to reset my soul, didn't help. This looks like a bug to me. Does anyone else have the same issue?
    I'd also expect the ability tooltip to be updated everytime the debuff on the target changes but that is not happening as well.

2. is the part of Righteous Protection mastery about Resounding Blow bugged? Resounding Blow buff is not consumed by ranged ability but the buff from this mastery still becomes active.
    Righteous Protection: Consuming the buff from Resounding Blow applies an additional buff, increasing the damage done by your next damaging ability within 10s by 25%.
    Resounding Blow Buff: Increase damage of the Cleric's next melee abilityby 50%.

Resounding Blow buff is not consumed when a ranged ability is cast but Righteous Protection buff is activated.

In case these are not bugs but just my misunderstanding, i'd appreciate any sort of short explanation.

Thanks in advance!
    This has been brought up before and the consensus between players is that trion just doesn't want clerics, especially cleric druids to exist anymore.

Think the issue is that it's amplifying the base damage of the ability but not the sp scaling part of the ability.

Anyways it doesn't matter because druid was hit extremely hard by last set of 'balance passes' so that it is both lower than other dps specs and incredibly more difficult to play.

11k damage every 4 seconds (you use it on c/d).

OR

33k damage every ~~7.5 seconds (if it worked correctly)
    - you need 5x stacks for 30% debuff
    - you need gcd's for non-stack building abilities
    - it de-sync's with the other stack consumer (which is higher on priority list)

And the outcome is that you get about 0 benefit from using it at 5x stacks but a HUGE headache, or you can just spam it and do the same dps.

the tl;dr
    Yes it's broken, but if it exists in druid you can rest assured it will never get fixed. Players said "bad idea, this will happen" trion implemented it anyways. Even if the ability worked correctly, there would still be 0 reason to get to 5x stacks.
    Last edited by Zehne; 04-09-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    This has been brought up before and the consensus between players is that trion just doesn't want clerics, especially cleric druids to exist anymore.

Think the issue is that it's amplifying the base damage of the ability but not the sp scaling part of the ability.

Anyways it doesn't matter because druid was hit extremely hard by last set of 'balance passes' so that it is both lower than other dps specs and incredibly more difficult to play.

11k damage every 4 seconds (you use it on c/d).

OR

33k damage every ~~7.5 seconds (if it worked correctly)
    - you need 5x stacks for 30% debuff
    - you need gcd's for non-stack building abilities
    - it de-sync's with the other stack consumer (which is higher on priority list)

And the outcome is that you get about 0 benefit from using it at 5x stacks but a HUGE headache, or you can just spam it and do the same dps.

the tl;dr
    Yes it's broken, but if it exists in druid you can rest assured it will never get fixed. Players said "bad idea, this will happen" trion implemented it anyways. Even if the ability worked correctly, there would still be 0 reason to get to 5x stacks.
    Thanks for the reply. And any idea about Righteous Protection mastery?
    TheKnightOfDarkness@Gelidra - Unwilling@Gelidra - MajorRift@Gelidra - Wrathburn@Gelidra - Ahnket@Gelidra

Quote Originally Posted by strength above all View Post
    Thanks for the reply. And any idea about Righteous Protection mastery?
    Yes/no/sorta kinda

Druid was never used alot, but then came a day where defiler got changed into a dps spec. No big deal, it worked decently and was alright. Then Came 4.0, and Legendary Miserly Affliction. Which made this single ability do a majority of dps, and was only needed to be used every ~~18 seconds.

BUT WAIT, druid has EXCELLENT deep talent points for passive stats, but none of it's abilities really sync's with another soul
    • Or did they?
      • Enter +50% damage boost to next ability from resounding blow
      • On a 15 second c/d (reduceable)
        • But defilers main damage comes from an ability on a '18 second c/d'
    Good idea to hybrid the two?
    • YES
    So, people started playing drufiler, but it was an abomination, but it worked (to an extent).

But we can't have nice things as cleric, so trion changed resounding blows buff to only work on melee hits (just so that they could kill drufiler). But they obviously didn't change the mastery.

• Which the mastery was obviously coded to trigger on the ability after resounding blow, not the consumption of the buff from resounding blow
    So the effect is now that you get a +50% damage bonus for the next melee hit after resounding blow and a +25% damage bonus for the next next ability after resounding blow.
    • It makes perfect sense!
    Then there was some debacle with messing up the tooltip descriptions, yadda yadda....

But to my knowledge it still works 'exactly as intended' by the devs.
    • +50% damage bonus for the next melee hit after resounding blow and a +25% damage bonus for the next next ability after resounding blow.

Broken? Whose to say at this point.

EDIT: Some of the timeline may be slightly off, but the narrative is essentially true.
    Last edited by Zehne; 04-09-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    • +50% damage bonus for the next melee hit after resounding blow and a +25% damage bonus for the next next ability after resounding blow.

Broken? Whose to say at this point.
    Then my understanding is that at least the mastery tooltip needs to be updated.
    Thanks a lot!

Soulwalker

Despite the fact their tooltips say they have no cost the legendaries fervent strike, bolt of light, inscribe fate, icy blow and miserly afliction are consuming mana if used.

I didnīt test all of our legendaries but this may be an issue they all could have.

Shadowlander

I noticed the use of mana on Healing Flood, Pool of Restoration, and Waterjet as well...and it doesn't matter if you have the legendary or not.
    Monsoon still doesn't cost any mana, but it doesn't have a legendary version, so I'm assuming the bug comes from having a legendary version.

I mentioned this before, but just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the Cleric aoe cleanses in TD? I put Curative Waters straight from the ability book to the bar...thinking it might need to be re-applied due to the changes, and it still doesn't work! I've asked guildies and none of the other classes have issues with aoe cleanse on Beligosh.
    I'm sick of being told to cleanse, or being yelled at to cleanse on this boss . Best I can do is cast Monsoon and then spend a while spamming my ST. It's not fun, and it's clearly not part of the mechanics because others seem to be able to aoe cleanse.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sokk View Post
    I mentioned this before, but just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the Cleric aoe cleanses in TD? I put Curative Waters straight from the ability book to the bar...thinking it might need to be re-applied due to the changes, and it still doesn't work! I've asked guildies and none of the other classes have issues with aoe cleanse on Beligosh.
    I'm sick of being told to cleanse, or being yelled at to cleanse on this boss . Best I can do is cast Monsoon and then spend a while spamming my ST. It's not fun, and it's clearly not part of the mechanics because others seem to be able to aoe cleanse.
    Have not run TD so I'm not certain of the mechanic. Curative Waters however is an AoE cleanse which radiates out from where ever your target is at the time. So for instance if you have the boss targeted but the raid is some distance away, you did cast your cleanse, it just didn't cleanse anyone do to where you placed the cleanse.
    Seon Ronpeth @ Ultros
    <13>
    60WHM 60AST 41SCH 41SMN 30DKN 30BLM

Shadowlander

Well, when I ran through tonight the cleanse was working. I'm pretty sure I was not targeting the boss in previous fights, and am usually centrally located to the group, so not sure why it wasn't working before. Anyway, maybe it was just me lol thanks for the advice on proximity and target btw, I've never had an issue with it before so it didn't occur to me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast