+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: PTS Changes for Cleric (12/16/16)

Rift Disciple

Default PTS Changes for Cleric (12/16/16)

Cleric
    Inquisitor
    Legendary Bolt of Judgement can now only proc once every 6 seconds. Proc chance raised to compensate.
    Legendary Radical Coalescence passive reduced to 25%.
    Legendary Perseverance damage bonus reduced to 20%.

Oracle
    Legendary Rune of Alacrity now reduces cast times by 2.5s base (4s talented).
    Fixed bug requiring a talent point in Tempered Emblems to make legendary work as stated.

Defiler
    Legendary Miserly Affliction damage reduced about 20%.

Shaman
    Legendary Icy Blow damage bonus reduced to 12% per stack.
    Thoughts: BoJ nerf was definitely deserved, but now it will be useless, very binary choice. Everyone playing with sub-Inq souls will take Sanction Heretic instead now, or just take Sentinel instead.

Oracle nerf basically ruined RS/Oracle going forward. There are also not enough other cleric DPS souls to even benefit from a 4sec cast-time reduction for most specs, so very difficult to explain why you even take the legendary anymore.

Defiler/Shaman - just an overall damage nerf, nothing much to say here.

Overall: There are still a lot of bugs present with the cleric souls that were not addressed in the balance patch. Basically every change was a nerf. Going forward, both Druid and Shaman will be in the gutter again, and Defiler ate a big hit as well. Only real DPS spec that came out unscathed was 61 Runeshaper, which still has bugs in it, but it may very well be the highest DPS spec post-nerf.
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Fia

The Shaman nerf is pretty substantial, when you thing about BoJ being nerfed at the same time. This will make Shaman completely useless again.

FeelsBadMan

Furthermore, due to the BoJ nerf, we'll now probably only have 1 viable raidspec again. BoJ proc was basically the gateway to us being able to use cool hybrid specs. I was so happy that for the first time since Classic we actually had the freedom of choosing our favorite DPS spec, and now this ... Imo BoJ should not be nerfed, but instead all the other specs should have their damage reduced a bit. That way our freedom of choice won't be affected.
    Last edited by Fia; 12-16-2016 at 05:38 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Rift Disciple

BoJ needed a nerf, but not like that. Based on what I'm seeing, it'll be somewhere around an 80% damage decrease for BoJ (assuming that you have basically 100% proc rate after nerf).

The only viable raid spec going forward now will be 61RS, and that's still bugged because they still haven't fixed the SoV/RoT bug.
    Last edited by Lyrine; 12-16-2016 at 05:42 PM.
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrine View Post
    BoJ needed a nerf, but not like that.
    Hmm, ok true. If BoJ was nerfed just a bit (not that massively), it would probably still lead to viable hybrid specs. The current implementation will not work though. But I guess we'll know for sure after testing it on the PTS ...
    Last edited by Fia; 12-16-2016 at 05:41 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

My poor Cleric leveled via crafting dailies ahead of my other classes. It's been tough getting a smooth play out of her. Clunky cleric lacking clarity and cleverness. Now nerfed without compensation. Back to the crafting stations for her!

Well, it's most likely a nerf for everyone but rogue who gets a revamp.

For us clerics it doesn't have any sense that probably the only one dps soul viable will be RS, because it's behind a Paywall. Every other Calls around keep using Old School souls to DPS but us.

And to be honest, it doesn't have any sense either than a soul like shaman gets a nerf, really TRION? It's viable nowadays because of the "BoJ proc" if you nerf this then don't nerf IB bonus. At the end, another spec throw away to trash.

Inquisitor is in a good state, even so it's behind shaman not for a big gap, but it's ok, it's a ranged class so should not be affected by disconects like a melee one, but now again into oblivion.

Defiler/Inquisitor is midway between Inquisitor and Shaman, as well a ranged one, so it was ok, but as inquisitor it ain't good for cleave but get nerfed too.

61 Defiler is only useful for 2 or 3 targets so far to be competitive and get a nerf too.

Cabalist is perhaps the worse AoE spec around if mobs lasts too much and its single target damage is horrible, but TRION doesn't care about AoE specs because they are only useful for trash mobs, so who cares about it? I do, they don't.

So as Lyrine said Runeshaper seems to be the only one option that will remain out there for us and everyone knows that RS is a PAID soul and a bugged one but not for good. Thanks a lot TRION for ruins again the Cleric call. We aren't the best healers and now mages has an inmortal healing spec that remains, they don't change anything nor nerf about that combo FK/Pyro/Arbiter, even rogues has better healing spec than us with a couple of skills and a turret plus a not bad at all AoE and ST dmg all together.

Then is Tank what cleric were made for or what? if you don't want to tank or don't have any tank spot in your raidteam then you need to pay TRION to buy a bugged soul to do something that is not even close to any other class around, and of course a static one with a very bad problem with mana.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Rift Disciple

61 RS is actually very mobile. it does have a mana problem though.
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Looks like across the board nerfs to clerics.

Sham/inquis/druid/Rs-Oracle all hit about the same (cept Rs-oracle, that's completely destroyed now).

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrine View Post
    61 RS is actually very mobile. it does have a mana problem though.
    Well, as far as i can remember (not in the game now) it's mobile with a 2minCD that last 10s and every i think it was 20s CD that lasts 10s, then it's 50% mobile, not that high comparing with other classes viable specs. And it stills to be a RiftStore soul.
    Last edited by Shelenia; 12-16-2016 at 06:50 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post
    Well, as far as i can remember (not in the game now) it's mobile with a 2minCD that last 10s and every i think it was 20s CD that lasts 10s, then it's 50% mobile, not that high comparing with other classes viable specs. And it stills to be a RiftStore soul.
    No, it's almost 100% mobile now with Legendary Rune of Impending Doom. Still $$$ soul though.
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

61 Runeshaper is almost 100% mobile. Runelord's Inscription has a 15% chance to proc off any Runestrike and proc's quite often inside of the Runelord's Inscription applied by Rune of Impending Doom. On top of that, there are several instant casts and channels that you need to use that will help fill the gap i.e. Seals/Rune of Travail, Rune of Power+Rune of Castigation, Bolt of Light, Inscribe Fate, Rune of Soul Binding. And then there's a freebie Runelord's Inscription you can use every 2 mins if things aren't lining up well. With some luck, the freebie never even gets used.

This is definitely a spec you need to track buffs for though. Poor management of Smiting Force severely gimps dps. Gonna be a far cry from the 1 button crap that everyone has now.

Hopefully not all the PTS changes go through. There are some changes for other callings that I'm finding difficult to justify. Knowing the target DPS the devs are looking at would be incredibly useful. It seems that there's a bit of a push toward the ~325k mark (with average gear) but even a 50% firestorm nerf is going to leave elepyro at 375k+, so why nerf specs that are already at 375k?
    Last edited by Scourge; 12-16-2016 at 07:44 PM.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Rift Disciple

I think 61 RS should be at 375k so they aren't touching it. The problem is that it's bugged so you can't do that much right now unless you have above average gear

There's also another bug that double-dips to boost your DPS but it's really silly and you have no control over it.
    Last edited by Lyrine; 12-16-2016 at 08:36 PM.
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

It's too late in EU but even so i had to log in to test again 61RS

I tune alerts even for mana under 8k, and you are right, it's almost 100% mobile, just there's a gap of around 4 sec or so until Doom is up again and in the meantime you need to refresh manualy SoV and BoL so yes, highly mobile, i did like 3 or 4 parses to try to memorize the "rotation" (it's not exactly a rotation more like a priority style while trying to get 3 charges of SF asap, etc; i managed to put out like 350/360k for more than 6 mins, i need to get use to it and practice a lot more.

When you guys are talking about 375k is it on 67 Dummy or Alittu one?

But even doing 375k seems pretty low comparing with the "old" dps specs, we're losing more than 25k overall.

Shield of Telara

As if clerics were overperforming.

Meanwhile, mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauumhaft View Post
    As if clerics were overperforming.
    This pretty much

I can understand the nerf bat on the Runeshaper / Oracle hybrid.

But everything else will take out a lot of joy for me. i personally was playing inquisitor a lot, as it is an old school spec i love.
    Last edited by UnusualBunny; 12-17-2016 at 04:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast