+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What off-souls for 61 Justicar in 4.0?

Soulwalker

Default What off-souls for 61 Justicar in 4.0?

Before 4.0 shaman was recommended for a Justicar tank because it gives 5% damage reduction and 5% base health with just 6 points. The only legendary choice though is of questionable use. I never used either Crushing Blow or a cast time spell in the past. So my main question is stick with shaman or something else better?

The legendary for 0 points in defiler will give 1% reduced damage and 1% healing received per stack (I think goes to max 5 stacks) which is nice but takes time to build up stacks. Anything good in another soul that can go up to 15 points in now?

6 points in inquisitor give 3% armor and 3% base health so it was often used with Justicar. The 2 legendary choices add dps which is not super important to tanking but is usable. With 15 points would get more damage and a buff to do damage when get hit which I think would be a small help to keeping agro in groups.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Pendan View Post
    Before 4.0 shaman was recommended for a Justicar tank because it gives 5% damage reduction and 5% base health with just 6 points. The only legendary choice though is of questionable use. I never used either Crushing Blow or a cast time spell in the past. So my main question is stick with shaman or something else better?

The legendary for 0 points in defiler will give 1% reduced damage and 1% healing received per stack (I think goes to max 5 stacks) which is nice but takes time to build up stacks. Anything good in another soul that can go up to 15 points in now?

6 points in inquisitor give 3% armor and 3% base health so it was often used with Justicar. The 2 legendary choices add dps which is not super important to tanking but is usable. With 15 points would get more damage and a buff to do damage when get hit which I think would be a small help to keeping agro in groups.
    You should never have to worry about aggro as a Justicar, ever.

As for other stuff, see: Legendary Unbounded Obliteration, Legendary Water Jet, Legendary Fairy Healer (if mitigation is not a problem).
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Plane Touched

I would go for cab / shammy.

With the hammer of faith legendary, unless there's a reason you can't safely AOE most of the old off soul dps gains including inq sanction/vex really aren't (though the BoJ legendary still adds punch as a proc). And given its an aoe ability and procs the legendary Unbounded Obliteration, its probably best to take cabalist as your third soul for a mitigation build (shaman is still a must for 5% damage reduction in the tree).

Theoretically if it had good enough uptime defiler's rage extraction legendary would add 5% personal damage reduction and 5% incoming healing, but the stack gain from only a single rage talent hasn't been reliable enough from my own testing so usually its at best managing 3% before the fight is over, and 5% from the outset (cab) without the extra healing is probably preferable.

The druid fairy healer is good as well, but 5% mitigation feels better than proc'd healing. I have only tended to use this is builds where I am only looking to invest a 0 point.
    Last edited by Thunrar; 12-16-2016 at 04:20 AM.
    You are entitled to a vomit bag, if you do not have one, one will be provided for you. We're strapped for cash so it may be used, barf carefully!

Councillor Thunrar@Zaviel Keeper of the Dead <Servants of None>
    Guild Motto: Why did that happen? Because **** you that's why!

Rift Disciple

As personal preference, I still use the same 9 Shaman/6 Inquisitor build for maximum mitigation. The inquisitor armor is the only ability that boosts max HP from other specs as well as armor, and Justicars generally have the lowest physical damage mitigation (compared to a really high nonphysical damage mitigation). A lot of the new Legendaries are nice, but they're all generally tied to conditional usage so they don't have 100% uptime, and there will be a lot of weird coding interactions where Unbounded Obliteration's damage reduction just don't seem to work, or the damage comes from untargetable sources (see: Threngar).

If you don't need maximum mitigation, then anything and everything is on the table, especially since Experts are so easy right now that you can tank in a DPS spec. Have fun!
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrine View Post
    As personal preference, I still use the same 9 Shaman/6 Inquisitor build for maximum mitigation. The inquisitor armor is the only ability that boosts max HP from other specs as well as armor, and Justicars generally have the lowest physical damage mitigation (compared to a really high nonphysical damage mitigation). A lot of the new Legendaries are nice, but they're all generally tied to conditional usage so they don't have 100% uptime, and there will be a lot of weird coding interactions where Unbounded Obliteration's damage reduction just don't seem to work, or the damage comes from untargetable sources (see: Threngar).

If you don't need maximum mitigation, then anything and everything is on the table, especially since Experts are so easy right now that you can tank in a DPS spec. Have fun!
    I have been looking into this a bit and found that the armor buff from Inquisitor was quite poor (less than a .5% increase in physical damage reduction). I went with Warden for the passive 3% damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueUnseen View Post
    I have been looking into this a bit and found that the armor buff from Inquisitor was quite poor (less than a .5% increase in physical damage reduction). I went with Warden for the passive 3% damage reduction.
    I think you're missing the extra HP into calculations alongside the extra Armor.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

personally i have a few situational builds with justicar. i still use the standard build, but have grown to like 11 inquis/4 sent. i mostly use this build to solo old content (i.e. NTEs.) shroud of agony is nice and extra life dmg/healing from bolt of light has nice synergy, especially when im spamming hammer of faith.

+ Reply to Thread