+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does the Purifiers Slow Burn talent pair well with Sentinel heals?

Soulwalker

Default Does the Purifiers Slow Burn talent pair well with Sentinel heals?

I'm making a Healer as my secondary Cleric role (primary role being a Tank), and the build I'm aiming for is 61/12/3 or 61/15/0 Sentinel/Purifier/Inquisitor.

Obviously 12 points into Purifier for Ward of Flame. The 12 points in Purifier are going into:

Spirit Guidance: 5
    Intensity: 5
    Caregiver's Blessing: 1
    Flashover: 1

This leaves me 3 points to spend, and I have three ideas where I want to put them. The main one is to throw them into Slow Burn for stronger heals/bubbles. BUT, I don't know which Sent heals actually benefit from Slow Burn, seeing as it only affects Cast Time spells, not Instants or Channels. That's why I'm asking before I put them into something I'll regret later.

The second option is to throw them into Pursuit of Truth on Inquis side, and the last into Planar Study. The final option is to go Warden instead and dump them into Strength of the Deep.

What do you guys recommend. Do any/enough Sentinel spells benefit from Slow Burn?

Rift Disciple

Pretty much every Sentinel Invocation benefits from Slow Burn. It does not affect any of the healing procs though. Searing Heat will generally work better as a lot of current Sentinel healing comes from the procs, not the spell itself.

Ward of Flame is a bad spell even in 61 Purifier now, and the only reason you use it is because you get pigeonholed into using it (not that 61 Purifier is any good now anyways).

The min-max for healing build includes 8 Oracle, but I'm not sure if you have that soul available.

You can't have Caregiver's Blessing up at the same time as Healer's Blessing, so choose wisely if you want it.
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrine View Post
    Pretty much every Sentinel Invocation benefits from Slow Burn. It does not affect any of the healing procs though. Searing Heat will generally work better as a lot of current Sentinel healing comes from the procs, not the spell itself.

Ward of Flame is a bad spell even in 61 Purifier now, and the only reason you use it is because you get pigeonholed into using it (not that 61 Purifier is any good now anyways).

The min-max for healing build includes 8 Oracle, but I'm not sure if you have that soul available.

You can't have Caregiver's Blessing up at the same time as Healer's Blessing, so choose wisely if you want it.
    Should I just ditch Flashover on the Purifier side too then? If Searing Heat is the way to go then what reason do I have not to use the Benefactor preset, which seems to put all my spare talents exactly where I would want them.

No, I don't have Oracle, I'm going to work towards it later. I spent $5 to unlock the auction house and currency cap, that's about it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound3857 View Post
    Should I just ditch Flashover on the Purifier side too then? If Searing Heat is the way to go then what reason do I have not to use the Benefactor preset, which seems to put all my spare talents exactly where I would want them.

No, I don't have Oracle, I'm going to work towards it later. I spent $5 to unlock the auction house and currency cap, that's about it.
    I'm not going to say that there's no point in taking Flashover, but you'd be hard-pressed to find it useful with the current content, especially since Sentinel has the most CDs for any healing spec in the game. CP is also harder to get nowadays, which devalues force-crit heals since most people would be more inclined to stack full SP, and not having CP makes you only crit for 1.5x base value.
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Soulwalker

Ah, right. I didn't factor in that I'm going full SP for both my Healer and Support specs (so they'll be using the same gear set for the most part), so I guess it wouldn't benefit me as much anyway.

Okay, Searing Heat it is then (at least until I unlock Oracle). Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread