+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Top cleric dps spec?

Plane Walker

Default Top cleric dps spec?

What's the current top ST dps spec for cleric?

For melee it's shaman I think.

For ranged it's prolly oracle/runeshaper hybrid but I wouldn't get attached to any cleric spec now kuz it'll get nerfed in the next couple of weeks.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

For melee, as long as it doesn't have target swaps or disconnects, pretty sure druid is top dps spec.

Given the difficulty of playing it compared to sham though, sham will likely be higher for the majority of players (and encounters).

For ranged, inquis, defiler, Rs, RS/oracle are all high (but inquis takes the cake most the time).

Ascendant

Druid is the highest melee if you get to preload a fae mimicry, shaman isn't far off.

RS/Oracle hybrid is on par as pyroele hybrid probably the highest ranged ingame. I think pyroele is worse because dem mage hybrids also passively cleaves, just like pre-nerf reaver cept much higher single target dps.

So far similar to the pyro/ele hybrid for mages these 2 cleric specs are both over-preforming.
    I can see them being balanced down.

Either way I think there will be a balance pass across all callings before a raid is implemented.

Well, this is my last parse from this morning. Of course only self buffed plus Stone on weapon on a 67 Raid Dummy.

Shaman stills the highest DPS spec at least to me, i've tried 61 Inquisitor, 61 Defiler, Hybrid Defiler/Inquisitor, Runacle, 61 RS, etc; and none of them get higher enough i'm not talking about Druid because of the Fae Mimicry bug.

It was from opener until 4 full CD Blocks.

http://imgur.com/IaAT0PB
    http://imgur.com/G6nBMzN

You can see my stats there too, so is it the higher dps we can get nowadays with any spec? not talking about bugs nor exploits, just legit parses.

What are you guys getting out from other specs or the same?
    Last edited by Shelenia; 12-13-2016 at 03:43 AM.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Shield of Telara

As SPEs are the only content now where this would matter:

Go with Inquisitor*. Enjoy <2 minute boss fights and switch to Cab for trash (or skip idc).

No need to play melee. Ever.

We can compare 5 minute parses all day, since there is no content for long fights, they pretty much do not matter. Fun to know, but that's about it.

fyi, parsing highest with Druid over 5m. See? Fun!

*scaling is ridiculous

Ascendant

Fairly sure it's runeshaper as I had multiple guildies doing about 430k, which beat my non cheating pyroele which was at about 400k. New cheating pyroele does over 500 btw. yet to figure it out.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

shp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Druid is the highest melee if you get to preload a fae mimicry, shaman isn't far off.

RS/Oracle hybrid is on par as pyroele hybrid probably the highest ranged ingame. I think pyroele is worse because dem mage hybrids also passively cleaves, just like pre-nerf reaver cept much higher single target dps.

So far similar to the pyro/ele hybrid for mages these 2 cleric specs are both over-preforming.

Either way I think there will be a balance pass across all callings before a raid is implemented.
    Can you show me a parse where RS/Oracle comes even close to ele?
    Last edited by shp; 12-13-2016 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauumhaft View Post
    As SPEs are the only content now where this would matter:

Go with Inquisitor*. Enjoy <2 minute boss fights and switch to Cab for trash (or skip idc).

No need to play melee. Ever.

We can compare 5 minute parses all day, since there is no content for long fights, they pretty much do not matter. Fun to know, but that's about it.

fyi, parsing highest with Druid over 5m. See? Fun!

*scaling is ridiculous
    TBH Druid is the less flexible spec out there and probably the one that get worse by a huge margin from swap targets, it scales too slow and if i need to wait >5 mins to see good numbers it doesn't fit my play style.

Inquisitor isn't that bad, but stills be a turret spec so it isn't good for high movable fights.

RS/Oracle has everything instant which is good, so does Defiler with any variation or hybrid spec.

So i just want to figure out what will be our future raid arsenal once the new content will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    Fairly sure it's runeshaper as I had multiple guildies doing about 430k, which beat my non cheating pyroele which was at about 400k. New cheating pyroele does over 500 btw. yet to figure it out.
    Full RS isn't that high nowadays after the "nerf" to Firestorm extra dmg, if you had 2 mages in your group it was 20% more dmg to RS, it's gone now.

So if you're talking about the Runacle, probably it's the highest one out there for us clerics, but it stills as a TOP SECRET spec for most of us :P i've try to figure it out but don't get even close to 300K with it

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post
    Full RS isn't that high nowadays after the "nerf" to Firestorm extra dmg, if you had 2 mages in your group it was 20% more dmg to RS, it's gone now.
    I'm actually talking about two days ago, so post firestorm RS nerf. It could very well be Runacle but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Archyface; 12-13-2016 at 05:51 AM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Champion

Thing is, the top dps spec is gonna be different for everyone because all the specs scale so differently with your gear.

For me, Shaman and Inquis are my top dps because they don't seem to scale so much with gear, and my cleric's gear is pretty bad. Druid is just behind them. Runacle, full runeshaper, and all the defiler hybrids are significantly behind those 3 for me, however.

After gleaming some info on here and speaking to players who main cleric in game, I've determined that it really just comes down to how much CP you're rocking right now. Runacle especially, because it's built around getting off a lot of big hits and autocrit runes of smiting. Ergo, higher cp directly translates into higher damage, and smiting is a huge chunk of your dps.

Because of how high the RNG with gear is right now (fragment gambling + trying to find the unicorns that are CP essences), everyone's stats are going to be all over the place for potentially months to come. Therefore, it's dangerous to just say, "X is the top".

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    Thing is, the top dps spec is gonna be different for everyone because all the specs scale so differently with your gear.

For me, Shaman and Inquis are my top dps because they don't seem to scale so much with gear, and my cleric's gear is pretty bad. Druid is just behind them. Runacle, full runeshaper, and all the defiler hybrids are significantly behind those 3 for me, however.

After gleaming some info on here and speaking to players who main cleric in game, I've determined that it really just comes down to how much CP you're rocking right now. Runacle especially, because it's built around getting off a lot of big hits and autocrit runes of smiting. Ergo, higher cp directly translates into higher damage, and smiting is a huge chunk of your dps.

Because of how high the RNG with gear is right now (fragment gambling + trying to find the unicorns that are CP essences), everyone's stats are going to be all over the place for potentially months to come. Therefore, it's dangerous to just say, "X is the top".
    It's not really dangerous. All the clerics pretty much agree already in this thread;

Melee
    Druid = top melee, but needs better gear and hard to play
    Shaman = close 2nd to druid, but doesn't need as much gear and much easier to play, can also cleave/switch to aoe on demand

Ranged
    Runeacle = top ranged spec, fully mobile, no channels
    Defiler/defiler hybrids = good on cleave only
    Every other ranged spec = not runeacle, or can't cleave so doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Orochan; 12-13-2016 at 06:25 AM.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post
    Runacle, probably it's the highest one out there for us clerics, but it stills as a TOP SECRET spec for most of us
    Why is anyone acting like this is a secret? 10s cast-time reduction from legendary Alacrity. The first thing anyone, dev or player, should think when they see that is "Runeshaper".

these 2 cleric specs are both over-preforming.

Runacle is still my lowest attempt at a serious dps spec, behind shaman and defiler. My gear is the complete dungeon set and level 6 fragments. I still need to bring my focus up to SFP. If it doesn't start breaking the sound barrier until higher gear levels, I don't know why anyone would be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Anything past level 6 is just bonus stats, even the secondaries. At 70, we assume that your fragments are of decent pairing (EX: Water Crit Power or Earth Dodge) and within the 6-9 range.

Any infusion levels or stats gained past 9 are, as I like to say, gravy.
    If content is going to be tuned around mid-level mid-quality fragments, then the difference between expected damage and the damage ceiling is going to be absurd. We haven't even seen the so-called Eternal weapons that are apparently supposed to break previous rules on itemization.

People were pulling 20-40k in experts at 65 at the start of NT, and then pulling 150k+ by the end. SFP by design is going to have a larger gap; there's no way to stop that.

20k was what people asked for and 40k is what good people pulled. What if 250k is what people asked for today and 500k is what good people pulled? But 250k is considered "meh" and 500k is considered "please nerf'. I don't get it.
    Last edited by Harmonex; 12-13-2016 at 11:27 AM.

Druid is the highest melee if you get to preload a fae mimicry
    No. Preloading fae mimicry is a bug, but druid can be played 'properly' to achieve higher dps than the other specs still.

Unless something has flown under my radar Druid is top legitimately. Also the people getting lower parses in druid are possibly just messing it up.

It's very easy for someone to lose 50k dps from druid by simply doing one thing out of order or wrong. That is why druid is one of the hardest specs to play. It gets penalized heavily for anything less than 'perfect' play.

Stat wise druid has some of the highest scaling from all of the rough math i've done.

Last time I parsed druid I was hitting ~~420-430k dps at around the 2min mark and that number is maintained indefinitely (longest i've parsed so far was about 5mins and had around 20% mana left w/ only the use of druid mana regen).

I've heard of '400k' in sham from other people, yet to see a single parse. (and i'd like to see said parses, please link if you have them).

Thing is though, i'm still playing 'dumbed down' druid imo(significantly helps preventing messups and eases buttons/rotation). If I managed to actually play druid to it's full potential I'd easily be hitting somewhere around the 450k+ dps range.

EDIT:
    I've dropped CP in gear changes and druid maintains it's dps. It scales excellent with sp and sc compared to other specs. So it's less gear dependent than people make it out to be imo.

ordered by date of parse (newest first) http://imgur.com/a/khsAN
    The 2 newest ones were after I 'fixed' an issue I was having.
    Last edited by Zehne; 12-13-2016 at 12:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast