+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid, EoL management.

Default Druid, EoL management.

Time after Time again I find that keeping Eruption of Life on a target is near impossible even with using Essence strike on c/d. The problem occurs because of the addition of random proc legendaries (Bolt of Judgement), and ogcd abilities in druid.

Basically 12 procs of Eruption of Life is not enough. Often I find that I'll have 1 left as Essence strike comes off of c/d, Essence strike will consume it, and then since it is no-longer on the target no refresh of EoL will occur.

Simply put, I propose that Over-proliferation grants 8 additional charges to EoL instead of the current 6. In addition it might be useful to increase the duration from 15 seconds to 20.

Such a change would have no impact on non-druid specs since the talents for improved Eruption of Life are so far into druid.

More or less this is basically just QoL since it is possible to refresh EoL without it dropping off already (and additional charges won't effect 'perfect execution').

Another QoL that we all really will love! Nature Charges should be on the Druid, not the target. It's a huge dps lost for swap targets.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Rift Disciple

Having more stacks is a DPS increase, not simply a QoL fix. You'd have to nerf the numbers to compensate.

If they wanted to a strict QoL fix, they need to change EoL to resemble Legendary Sanction Heretic or something of the sort, and institute an ICD to prevent it from procing more than once per second or something. Right now if you have all those stacks of EoL the BoJ spam from all your other abilities plus Fae Mimicry plus oGCD abilities will still eat through them every ten seconds.
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrine View Post
    Having more stacks is a DPS increase, not simply a QoL fix. You'd have to nerf the numbers to compensate.
    Not really.

Like I said, with an absolute perfect lag-free rotation (and perhaps 'avg' proc rate of BoJ) EoL won't fall off the target. Having more stacks will do nothing since you'll have 1 stack or 2 stacks left when you refresh it back up to 12.

However if you have 'good rng' on things like BoJ, it ends up that all your stacks are consumed before Essence strike comes off c/d. This means that 'good rng' actually makes you loose dps as you now have to use EoL to re-apply EoL instead of just Essence strike.

More stacks deep in druid doesn't mean higher dps when everything goes correctly (in otherwords, a 'perfect parse' will see 0 dps gain from more stacks of EoL). However a less than perfect parse might see slightly higher dps just because EoL won't fall off before you can re-apply it.

Whether you have 2 stacks or 500 stacks of Eruption on the target, using Essence Strike refreshes the # you have. You don't get the damage from the remaining stacks, so it's not a dps gain. It's simple QoL.

And before you say anything, Essence strike is an ability that needs to be used on c/d not only for EoL, but because it's a higher damage ability. So it's not like having even 500 stacks of EoL on the target would gain you anything because you're still going to use essence strike regardless.

tldr;
    'Perfect Parses' will be unaffected by EoL having more charges, so it is NOT A DPS GAIN.

Rift Disciple

I'm not sure where you're getting this 'average' BoJ proc from, right now the current proc rate is very high and it's pretty much guaranteed that you run out of EoL stacks halfway through the rotation. It is very much a DPS gain until they nerf BoJ proc rate right now.
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrine View Post
    I'm not sure where you're getting this 'average' BoJ proc from, right now the current proc rate is very high and it's pretty much guaranteed that you run out of EoL stacks halfway through the rotation.
    I'd like to know what kind of numbers you're getting. (and i'm not talking about bugging Fae-mimicry, i'm talking about legitimate parses).

All of my highest parses, EoL has almost NEVER dropped off my target before I could refresh it. While all of my lowest parses, EoL drops off 1 or 2 gcd's before Essence strike semi-frequently.

+ Reply to Thread