+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Runeacle?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Tilar View Post
    Legendary Firestorm was patched to only affect the mage.

This still does decent dps, though.
    From my limited testing, Runacle is still the highest dps that provides full Oracle Buff functionality. The defiler hybrid does a bit more dps for me and is IMO more fun to play but you also don't have 5% cost reduction because it doesn't go that high into the tree.

Rift Disciple

RS/Oracle is highest theoretical DPS currently and scales better with CP than any defiler hybrid.
    Depends on rotation, though, since you have to opt into an alternate rotation to mitigate one of the more serious bugs with it right now. The 'expected' rotation with Rune of Travail results in around 10% DPS loss or more.

Edit: I've been asked about CP weights for RS/Oracle. Since I'm too lazy to do actual calculations, I'll just estimate it to be roughly 1.1x ~ 1.2x the CP weight of Tier 3 NT Shaman (post-spellcrit rework MB).
    Last edited by Lyrine; 12-12-2016 at 08:55 AM.
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrine View Post
    RS/Oracle is highest theoretical DPS currently and scales better with CP than any defiler hybrid.
    Depends on rotation, though, since you have to opt into an alternate rotation to mitigate one of the more serious bugs with it right now. The 'expected' rotation with Rune of Travail results in around 10% DPS loss or more.
    Yeah, my cp is garbage right now on my cleric (waiting to get the new focus for new essences and I don't have the CP rune(s) so that probably explains why orafiler is ahead for me.

Either way, orafiler still lacks cost reduction aura, so runacle will be the go-to for raids.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    Yeah, my cp is garbage right now on my cleric (waiting to get the new focus for new essences and I don't have the CP rune(s) so that probably explains why orafiler is ahead for me.

Either way, orafiler still lacks cost reduction aura, so runacle will be the go-to for raids.
    You're not getting the point of the spec.

As of right now, RS/Oracle is a competitive DPS spec (top if you play it right/have a decent amount of CP) for all cleric ST DPS specs, period. You don't necessarily play this for 'raids only', you play this because it beats out all the other specs basically hands down.

For comparison, the only other specs I can really call competitive to RS/Oracle right now if you have poor CP would be Defiler/Druid or Defiler/Inquisitor. I would hate to include straight Druid since I'm of the opinion that that's more of a buggy interaction than anything, and both the other specs will be nerfed once (maybe) the developers realize that Bolt of Judgment Legendary is way too overpowered.
    Last edited by Lyrine; 12-12-2016 at 09:05 AM.
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrine View Post
    You're not getting the point of the spec.

As of right now, RS/Oracle is a competitive DPS spec (top if you play it right/have a decent amount of CP) for all cleric ST DPS specs, period. You don't necessarily play this for 'raids only', you play this because it beats out all the other specs basically hands down.

For comparison, the only other specs I can really call competitive to RS/Oracle right now if you have poor CP would be Defiler/Druid or Defiler/Inquisitor. I would hate to include straight Druid since I'm of the opinion that that's more of a buggy interaction than anything, and both the other specs will be nerfed once (maybe) the developers realize that Bolt of Judgment Legendary is way too overpowered.
    No, I get what you're saying but I think it's a little silly to say something like "well yeah, if X stat is > X then it's the best" and calling it the best spec overall. You're going to confuse a lot of undergeared / not CP optimized clerics that way. Granted my own CP is probably even lower than the average cleric's right now, but i'm doing like upwards of 80-100k less dps with runacle than I am with shaman / druid / inquis. So either I'm doing something terribly wrong or it's just VERY dependent on CP (which makes sense with smiting I guess?).

I guess to really get into the nitty gritty, we'd have to test exactly how much CP impacts your dps in this spec. But, considering where we are and Trion's recent habit of immediately nerfing anything they see with high parses, that's probably something better done without screenshots ;)

I'm have similar experiences with low CP: Shaman is noticably ahead of Runeacle. Considering they both scale very well with CP, I imagine the breakpoint for Runeacle being #1 would have to be very high (4k+), if it even can outdo Shaman. That being said, the spec being ranged, completely mobile, and extremely good with target swaps means it will probably outdo Shaman in raid setting unless there's cleave.

It's also the only real competitive support spec in the game currently, which is a good selling point if there's only one cleric in your raid.
    70 Cleric Heptane@Greybriar
    70 Mage Pentane@Greybriar
    70 Primalist Veteris@Wolfsbane
    65 Rogue Tectus@Wolfsbane
    65 Warrior Alacer@Wolfsbane

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I'm have similar experiences with low CP: Shaman is noticably ahead of Runeacle. Considering they both scale very well with CP, I imagine the breakpoint for Runeacle being #1 would have to be very high (4k+), if it even can outdo Shaman. That being said, the spec being ranged, completely mobile, and extremely good with target swaps means it will probably outdo Shaman in raid setting unless there's cleave.

It's also the only real competitive support spec in the game currently, which is a good selling point if there's only one cleric in your raid.
    The fact that you can call RS/Oracle 'good' at target swaps means you didn't play the spec/rotation properly. It's not good at swapping at all. Shaman is significantly easier on target swapping.

Being forced to 're-open' with 3 secs of basically no DPS on every target swap to achieve maximum DPS is not my idea of 'good target swapping'.
    Last edited by Lyrine; 12-12-2016 at 10:51 AM.
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

You burn two GCDs to put up BoL and SoV to target swap and that's it. How is that not good? Shaman is going to burn the same putting up FW and IF but also risks dropping IB stacks if the swap takes >8s whereas Runeacle has 12s with Smiting Force.

Very few specs swap for fewer GCDs and are as competitive. Even among the ones that do, swapping can bungle their rotations/CD blocks significantly whereas Runeacle doesn't have that problem.
    Last edited by Scourge; 12-12-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Rift Disciple

You burn two GCDs to put up BoL and IF to target swap and that's it. How is that not good? Shaman is going to burn the same putting up FW and IF but also risks dropping IB stacks if the swap takes >8s whereas Runeacle has 12s with Smiting Force.

Very few specs swap for fewer GCDs and are as competitive.
    Both BoL and SoV will consume Alacrity, so you have to start over if you transition halfway.

To clarify: Shaman can also use Strike of the Maelstrom to 'save' a GCD. It'll preserve your phys/nonphys rotation as the cleave can spread FW, and you can manage IB separately afterwards if you don't macro everything in 1 button.
    Did I also mention that RS/Oracle has 1.5sec GCDs, while Shaman has 1sec GCDs?
    Last edited by Lyrine; 12-12-2016 at 11:07 AM.
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

What is this spec supposed to be? a DPS one? a Support one? Both? i've been trying it out, several combos with RS/Ora/Sent but tbh no idea what i'm doing :P

I have a Full Oracle with RS for a 61 support build with some extra DPS to help "raid" out, it's ok, boost the raid dps for a big amount but my dps doesn't go higher than 120k/150k so far, keeping Oracle's buffs/debuffs up.

I have another with 44RS/32Ora/Senti for BoL, the party/raid dps get higher as well due to debuffs/buffs thanks to Oracle points but my DPS isn't that high like you guys said around here. Most i've got was 270K which is around 100k less than Shaman.

So i'm not sure what are we talking about here I must be doing something really wrong if it's supposed to be the highest ST dps spec.
    Last edited by Shelenia; 12-12-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Rift Disciple

I have promised earlier on in this thread to post a guide (yes, that includes build) if they fix the two major bugs with it.

I can't be bothered to post all the difference nuanced bits of rotation (along with their variations pre-bugfix/post-bugfix) just because Trion can't fix their own bugs.

That might change in the future though, who knows how long I'll be motivated to continue Rift.
    Last edited by Lyrine; 12-12-2016 at 01:01 PM.
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Shadowlander

Default Support help

Would someone be willing to tutor me on providing group support with this build?

Spec will be dead by the time raids come out due to PTS changes. Not worth learning anymore.

Spec will be dead by the time raids come out due to PTS changes. Not worth learning anymore.
    As a relatively fresh player coming back to Rift and seeing the news about this odd spec, I would have thought this was a fairly obvious forsite?

I've not even looked at this spec in much detail, but from the sounds of it, it's based around 2/3 skills and making them constantly instant through the oracle tree? Why is there even a discussion here, this is obviously a joke of a spec and will clearly be changed, particularly with it peaking at such high dps?!

I'm assuming the PTS changes have addressed this from Scourges comment.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    As a relatively fresh player coming back to Rift and seeing the news about this odd spec, I would have thought this was a fairly obvious forsite?

I've not even looked at this spec in much detail, but from the sounds of it, it's based around 2/3 skills and making them constantly instant through the oracle tree? Why is there even a discussion here, this is obviously a joke of a spec and will clearly be changed, particularly with it peaking at such high dps?!

I'm assuming the PTS changes have addressed this from Scourges comment.
    If you are just coming back to Rift why are you even commenting on something you really don't know about? Whatever this spec is, it is still valid. 4.1 hasn't dropped yet so nothing has been nerfed
    Last edited by WiseHermit; 02-08-2017 at 09:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast