+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ecru
  • 1 Post By Burninalways
  • 1 Post By Revamp Systems

Thread: icy blow legendary is still terrible due to the 8s buff duration

Default icy blow legendary is still terrible due to the 8s buff duration

you have to deliberately use icy instead of other higher damaging nonphys abilities just to keep it up.

either increase the buff duration to 15s or so, or let other air/water abilities also apply the buff. as it is now, it still sucks.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    you have to deliberately use icy instead of other higher damaging nonphys abilities just to keep it up.

either increase the buff duration to 15s or so, or let other air/water abilities also apply the buff. as it is now, it still sucks.
    What other Non-Physical abilities?

Jolt is a dps loss to use unless you're also using Glacial Shield Legendary as well.
    Lightning Hammer can be used in between Icy Blow.
    Ekkehard's Grasp has a 30m range and Icy Blow is melee so you might use it.

Though I would prefer Legendary Icy Blow to have a range of 20m so I keep the buff up when not in melee range, and build stacks at the start of the fight as I run towards the boss.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post

Not really, you just have to change your playstyle. I mean, I dunno, but imo it seems to parse pretty high:

http://i.imgur.com/HO38RJl.png

V:
    Last edited by Fia; 12-04-2016 at 04:49 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post

Jolt is a dps loss to use unless you're also using Glacial Shield Legendary as well.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but I thought Jolt hit harder than Icy Blow as long as you have the proc (which is almost always up anyway).

I would like the buff from Icy Blow to be extended a bit though, since having to alternate it and other non-phys abilities (assuming I'm using Jolt) feels like I lose dps with every few swings.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Systems View Post
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but I thought Jolt hit harder than Icy Blow as long as you have the proc (which is almost always up anyway.
    Legendary IB buff stacks additively with Shocking Conclusion, so in reality it's closer to 20% buff to Jolt, and 55% buff to IB, making IB slightly better than Jolt.

On topic, you don't really need to pay attention to this, cause playing shaman is now just spamming IB with a few MBs and GSs on cooldown, LH and IF every 15s and PS once FW is about to expire.

Was a fun spec back when I started playing in SL, now is just another unrewarding, 1-button piece of **** for potatoes.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by nizuk View Post
    Legendary IB buff stacks additively with Shocking Conclusion, so in reality it's closer to 20% buff to Jolt, and 55% buff to IB, making IB slightly better than Jolt.
    Thanks for clearing that up, I'm not much of a number cruncher so I didn't know about the additive properties of the bonuses.

If Jolt is no longer in the rotation then it seems like Icy Blow can be up 100% of the time as long as there's no disconnects, but movement heavy fights would make it unreliable, but giving the buff to Ekkehard's Grasp would make it almost permanent even with the 8s timer.

welp i assumed jolt would do more damage with the change to the buff affecting air and water abilities but i guess not

i guess i have even less reason to log in now
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post

Though I would prefer Legendary Icy Blow to have a range of 20m so I keep the buff up when not in melee range, and build stacks at the start of the fight as I run towards the boss.
    20m icy would be sweet but it would also be nice if either LH or EG could refresh the buff, or the buff should last longer.
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

Soulwalker

I just replaced CrushingBlow in my physical macro with Icy Blow and got a better uptime of the buff; works pretty good

+ Reply to Thread