+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legendary bolt of light consuming Faith's Reward?

Rift Chaser

Default Legendary bolt of light consuming Faith's Reward?

The normal version of Bolt of Light has a cast time, but the Legendary is instant. So why is Legendary Bolt of Light consuming my stacks of Faith's Reward?

Abilities that have cast time modifications in passives have always consumed Faith's Reward. This is pretty much a result of that.

Purifier's Char does this still.

Soulwalker

I have been having the problem that NON Legendary Bolt of Light consumes Faith's Reward but still have the cast time. Nothing in today's patch notes to indicate that was fixed.

Rift Chaser

Regular Bolt of Light has a 2 second cast time. Faith's Reward reduces cast time by 0.5s per stack, so you would need 4 stacks to make Bolt of Light instant cast without the legendary. Are you seeing a cast time on it even when casting it with 4+ stacks?

Soulwalker

Yes, forgot to mention that. The tool tip changes with each stack of Faith's Reward. For example at 3 stacks the tool tip says the Legendary version is instant and the regular version is Cast Time: 0.5s. At 4 stacks the instant moves up above the Legendary info in the tool tip. However, no matter how many stacks, 1 to 5, I have, a casting timer bar gets displayed for 2 seconds and the bolt fires off at the end.

Faith's Reward works correctly with all my cast time healing spells. Bolt of Light is the only cast time damage spell I have with my build.

edit: forgot I can freely switch masteries so put Faith's Reward on inquisitor build and it properly reduced cast times with enough stacks to instant for damage abilities. Just not working with bolt of light on sentinel build.
    Last edited by Pendan; 12-02-2016 at 09:38 AM.

Soulwalker

FYI: Patch notes said they fixed something else with Bolt of Light but my problem with Faith's Reward was also fixed on the 8th's patch.

+ Reply to Thread