+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS and Healing

Telaran

Default DPS and Healing

I have came back after several years away and I'm not feeling the cleric class anymore. I currently have a level 66 I'm leveling with friends.

Should I reroll to another class (because I like to heal and also dps) or should I stick with it. I'm currently playing a shaman as solo and a puri as a group healer. They neither one feel very effective.

So what it all boils down to is this: Is there a soul that can both heal and dps well. I feel after playing my cleric they have lost those spots ;(. I made a post about this in general class section but didn't really get an answer.

Anything suggestions are welcome ;D. Help me cleric board. You are my only hope!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Beyorn View Post
    I'm currently playing a shaman as solo and a puri as a group healer. They neither one feel very effective.
    They aren't. I leveled with Shaman, but only because it meant I wouldn't die.

So what it all boils down to is this: Is there a soul that can both heal and dps well.
    Warriors, Mages, Rogues and Primalists (lol) can all heal and dps. But not F2P (except Chloromancer). So if you don't own any additional souls, then you're out of luck.

Telaran

I have all the classes but primalist. Which one would you all recommend?

Rift Master

Go Rogue
    /10

Rift Disciple

I have came back after several years away and I'm not feeling the cleric class anymore. I currently have a level 66 I'm leveling with friends.

Should I reroll to another class (because I like to heal and also dps) or should I stick with it. I'm currently playing a shaman as solo and a puri as a group healer. They neither one feel very effective.

So what it all boils down to is this: Is there a soul that can both heal and dps well. I feel after playing my cleric they have lost those spots ;(. I made a post about this in general class section but didn't really get an answer.

Anything suggestions are welcome ;D. Help me cleric board. You are my only hope!
    The reason they feel ineffective is because they are ineffective. Shaman and Purifier are both defunct builds with the 70 content. The cleric DPS builds revolve around Defiler, Druid, or Runeshaper, whereas the heals are exclusively Sentinel or Warden.
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Purifier is hurting- out of gas in 60s or less.

WTB Gas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DPS and Healing-danish-f-16-jet.jpg  

Not unless you go mostly druid (almost everything is pretty much 61 or bust anymore. There aren't nearly as many worthwhile hybrid builds for cleric, or anything anymore, as there used to be) and keep the greater healing pet out and throw a legendary on the lesser healing pet, and druid has been redesigned into a truly cumbersome babysit-the-stack affair to play.

Everything can heal better than cleric. Puri is trash right now and probably will be for most of if not the entire expansion. Sentinel and Warden are still perfectly fine for healing, but that's all they do, and they don't play well with DPS souls.

If you're looking for a good leveling build that can DPS decently and keep itself healed at the same time, I'm afraid you'll have to look at warrior, rogue or mage. Cleric healing is all cast times and instants that are worthless unless you go deep in their trees.
    Last edited by Chadak; 12-03-2016 at 10:24 PM.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Chadak View Post
    Not unless you go mostly druid (almost everything is pretty much 61 or bust anymore. There aren't nearly as many worthwhile hybrid builds for cleric, or anything anymore, as there used to be) and keep the greater healing pet out and throw a legendary on the lesser healing pet, and druid has been redesigned into a truly cumbersome babysit-the-stack affair to play.

Everything can heal better than cleric. Puri is trash right now and probably will be for most of if not the entire expansion. Sentinel and Warden are still perfectly fine for healing, but that's all they do, and they don't play well with DPS souls.

If you're looking for a good leveling build that can DPS decently and keep itself healed at the same time, I'm afraid you'll have to look at warrior, rogue or mage. Cleric healing is all cast times and instants that are worthless unless you go deep in their trees.
    WHAT? Just WHAT? Everything can heal better than a Cleric? I strongly disagree! o.O' Also, through the introduction of legendary abilities, there are now more hybrid specs available for Clerics than have been for a long time.

Yes, Puri is trash in comparison, but Sentinel and Warden are extremely viable. You can easily build a hybrid healing spec (Druid/Sentinel/Justicar) for experts, no need to go full heals, if you really want to. Then we have Defiler/Cab, Defiler/Inquisitor, Shaman/Runeshaper (well ok, this one is 61 points, but it wasn't viable to play before), Inqui/Cab, Sentinel/Warden etc. etc., thanks to the legendary abilities these are all now viable enough to play. Sure, there are OP specs, but generally, all hybrids do more than enough dps or healing for any content.
    Last edited by Fia; 12-04-2016 at 03:37 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

+ Reply to Thread