+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Cleric is very disappointing in 4.0

Default Cleric is very disappointing in 4.0

Any chance someone could clue me in to a good leveling build for cleric here in 4.0?

Please, not defiler. This new defiler remake has got me about fit to delete my cleric and never, ever play one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadak View Post
    Any chance someone could clue me in to a good leveling build for cleric here in 4.0?

Please, not defiler. This new defiler remake has got me about fit to delete my cleric and never, ever play one again.
    If you don't want to use Defiler then you are doom!!! :P

Jokes aside, i have 2000 Hit, some epics already, etc; nothing fancy just a mix of Experts/World Drop/PvP and this is my DPS with every spec in 3 mins parse (no raid buffs, just the dummy at home)

Defiler for ST or cleave/3 targets is really nice. I'm doing around 210K dps on Single Target.

Shaman isn't that good, even Druid is doing higher DPS in a dummy. Shaman 170K ST, Druid 195K ST.

Inquisitor is not that bad nowadays but it fall off behind Defiler for a big gap. Around 165K ST.

And Cabalist nowadays is the king for trash mobs, ST isn't that bad, around 130K/140K but with Multi Target it goes to more than 600K (with the new Legendary 5 targets buff)

I don't have Runeshaper so probably i could do more due to the base legendary skill, 15% more dmg.

Hope it helps you out to choose a spec
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

I used regular Shaman with legendary Summon Healing Fairy for the heal

Ouch! sorry, my fault, didn't read about "leveling builds"

There is another thread about it for all the classes:

Best Leveling spec of each class
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

I just have to say, I strongly identify with this statement. Previously, my Defiler was the only Cleric I've ever really enjoyed playing. It took some actual thought to play, given the nature of the links and timed heals. Now, it's just another boringly formulaic dps with self healing built into some of the attacks... oh, and some self DAMAGE built into three or so, which I promptly dumped out of my attack routines.

As "dumb-downs" go, this is probably the 2nd worst I've seen in any game.
    Of course they sent you back from one of the futures in which we failed, Defiant. Why would they return you from one of those in which we succeeded?

Soulwalker

Default awful

Cleric is pretty underpowered as dps right now. Primalist, Warrior, and Rogue are pulling significantly more dps with less gear at the moment. On the bright side... at least we aren't mages, who appear to have been hit by the nerf bat on top of not being brought even with the rest of the classes. Cleric tank? Well, that's a much happier tale.
    Last edited by slash0998; 11-25-2016 at 02:37 PM.

Dunno what mages you're hanging with, but I just watched a mage do 313k single target on the last boss of Coven.

I hope you guys like to heal and tank.

Rift Disciple

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I uninstalled Rift after the defiler change and I doubt I'm ever coming back. Because of a bunch of whining raiders, they turned the Defiler from a unquie healing/dps hybrid into a boring DPS soul.
    Last edited by Beepbeepboop; 11-28-2016 at 12:46 AM.

Plane Touched

defiler, RS, Inq, Caba are decent
    Last edited by Killerloose; 11-28-2016 at 01:38 AM.

Rift Disciple

Problem is that shaman & runeshaper scale to much with gearlevel so they will be more powerfull in the later expasnion. For now if you donīt wanna play wack a mole you probably best of with playing inq. For top dps you should learn the 38 defiler, even tho itīs kind of weird that clerics have to play a spec with 17 buttons while warrios can go ahead with 4-7 buttons (depending on playstyle) & primalist with 2 (3) and we canīt even get close to their dps.

Also Warden and Puri is broken, Sentinel is quite nice. And our tankspecs are awesome. I assume since we cleric canīt dps or heal we are forced to tank
    Last edited by spiegelspeakgel; 11-28-2016 at 09:18 AM.

Thanks for all the feedback and interaction here, folks! Some of it was helpful, and even if it wasn't, it was welcome.

Cheers! I'm hobbling along as best I can leveling this thing, but holy heck does it feel like the hardmode (not fun hardmode) version of leveling everything else.

Leveled my warrior and mage. Warrior is easymode leveling, especially with the 58 Reaver/18 Warchanter leveling build I threw on mine. Chloroharb on my mage did just fine, though it was harder going than on the warrior.

So, my experience thus far...

Warrior - easy mode
    Mage - normal mode
    Cleric - stupid-makes-everything-hard mode

Because I swear, cleric healing feels like its clunky and doesn't mesh at all with actually fighting unless its on Defiler now ,and even that feels weird and unintuitive.

I really hate it. So, I've been biting the bullet and gobbling down food items between fights on a Shaman 61/druid 15/justicar-for-salvation 0 build, threw a legendary on the healer fairy for the reactive heal, threw another legendary on salvation for the better heal from any attack and just...do my best.

If it says anything, on my warrior from about 66 on, I was able to agro mobs of 3-8 and kill them more or less simultaneously while keeping myself alive. Sometimes it got hairy against 7 or 8, and I died a few times going 'lolololol WILL IT WORK? ...NOPE TRY AGAIN', and I can't come close to doing that on my mage.

My mage can definitely stay upright fighting 1-4 things pretty decently, but absolutely crumples beyond that. That's fine. My leveling build on my mage was nowhere near on the level of mayhem and mass destruction my warrior was and I had to play a lot more carefully, but I kept a good pace and didn't die from woopses too terribly often. All in all, just fine for leveling.

And then there's my cleric, which I've been able to kill things tolerably well with, but is pretty much guaranteed to die if anything doesn't go exactly as planned.

Agro'd an extra mob? Run away or die. Got crit really hard too many times in a row? Run away or die.

I'd like the challenge of it if it were actually challenging, but it isn't. I can't actively dodge damage like I do in Darksouls, so playing my cleric basically feels like I've been told that I'm going to die 10x more often and take 2x as long to level like my mage did.

It really, honestly feels like like I should just shelf the cleric and start leveling my rogue. People talk them up like they're on the same easymode level as warrior to level here in SFP.

Maybe I'll do that. Cleric's just got nothing I want to play that can be used to level in a manner I'm finding even halfway enjoyable.

Fia

Apart from Purifier, Cleric healing is awesome imo. I really dislike that Clerics aren't competitive in terms of dps, at least atm.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Apart from Purifier, Cleric healing is awesome imo. I really dislike that Clerics aren't competitive in terms of dps, at least atm.
    I suppose someone'd have to, heh. It just doesn't happen to be me.

Warden...I've never enjoyed playing warden. Honestly, its boring and feels like Chloro's ugly sister to me. I can play it. Its perfectly fine for what it is, which...meshes well only for the crit boost with pretty much anything ever, except more healing fromt Sent and/or Puri.

Puri used to be fun. I liked having to predict damage rather than react to it. Alas, Puri has been left behind. Maybe someday it'll be good again, but that day is not today.

And then there's sentinel.

I just went and counted. My sentinel build has 26 buttons to play properly, per my idea of doing so. It doesn't macro worth beans, doesn't play well with anything and is just slightly more mobile than a cement staircase.

I haven't gotten my cleric to 70 to run it in dungeons yet, but I'm not offhandedly seeing reason one to play it or want it around. Warrior, rogue and primalist ST healers are tremendously mobile and...mage's have FK. Even nerfed a bit, FK is a Cadillac to seninel being a 1988 Datsun with 1,000,000 miles on an engine that's never been rebuilt properly.

Actual question: What makes sentinel, given its continued status as the generic turret healing vanilla WoW priest, worth bringing over a warrior, rogue or primalist healer?

Am I misjudging it terribly on account of A) never seeing anyone using it in random dungeon groups and B) not yet running it myself for anything?

I'm not trying to be snarky at all. I just look at it and, having played it before and seeing that it hasn't changed in any fashion I've yet seen since NT (or ever in the fashion that its still a turret healer the vast majority of the time), why...should anyone want it?

I see people rolling wardens often enough in warzones, but that's no surprise. Run around, spam aoe heals, die anyway. Its the warden way. Its what they do.

I'm not even sure what the heck sentinels do anymore. Heal, obviously, but...is it yet another case of anything cleric can do, literally everyone else can do better while also being mobile about it, or...?

Rift Disciple

For leveling, you could try out sentinel for Healing Breath + Leg. Banish or Warden for some hots to keep up on yourself for a bit extra healing. Your cleric wont be as tanky as your warrior anyway I assume but could help a bit over taking Justicar.

I mean, you could always make your leveling life much easier and go Defiler. I understand you dont like it but it's essentially your choice for making leveling "hard mode" then.

As for sent; I play it both in pvp and expert dungeons and it definitely doesnt feel like a turret healer to me if I dont want it to be one. The new Legendary Light of Redemption + Faith's Reward Mastery makes it quite mobile actually. For dungeons you could even make a "spam" macro with Healing (or even Crucial) Invocation at the top, Healing Breath + Healing Flare and whatever other instant spells you wanna put in there below in the macro so when you move around or jump around you will be spamming your instant spells till you reach enough stacks of Faith's Reward (just need 2!) to make Healing/Crucial Invocation instant so it will go off instantly for a big heal. I can heal experts like this just fine (though I'm usually too lazy to keep jumping/moving around if I dont need to).

If you have high tank dmg but need to keep moving you can always pop Healer's Covenant on the tank and continue with the above 2x instant 1x Invocation "rotation". You can also use Touch the Light with Healing or Crucial Invocation for a big instant heal as well. It only has a cd of 45secs which also gets reduced by 1.5secs for every Invocation you cast so you can use it quite frequently. And then there's always Fullness of Life. And if that's STILL not enough you can always reset your cds (even if you didnt use all of them) with Renewed Altruism to quickly get Fullness of Life and Touch the Light back (and whatever else you used, though Healer's Covenant wont work on the same target again for a while).

Your main healing still comes from your buffs though, you have lots. Especially Divine Favor makes for a huge amount of your healing. So even if you cast a weaker spell it will proc a lot of your buffs and make the total healing in that gcd not so weak anymore.

Sentinel works very well in pvp too. You have strong healing but no absorbs but that works just fine in pvp. You have nice cooldowns that you may not even get to use in pve (dungeons) as you barely need more than 2-3 skills (not counting buffs) as the damage people get isnt exactly a lot atm. But in pvp you can never have enough cds so it's great you can burn through them all, then reset them and burn through them again! Just need to watch out for purges as you're quite reliant on your buffs.

Also, as there are no raids or anything atm you dont really have the problem of "is this worth picking over other healers" as you just go with what the LFG thing teams you up with. I dont think any class has any problems healing experts atm so it doesnt matter much (at the moment).
    Alaysa@Gelidra
    Laysa@Gelidra

www.eternal-dawn.net @Gelidra [EU]

Fia

I suppose someone'd have to, heh. It just doesn't happen to be me.

Warden...I've never enjoyed playing warden. Honestly, its boring and feels like Chloro's ugly sister to me. I can play it. Its perfectly fine for what it is, which...meshes well only for the crit boost with pretty much anything ever, except more healing fromt Sent and/or Puri.

Puri used to be fun. I liked having to predict damage rather than react to it. Alas, Puri has been left behind. Maybe someday it'll be good again, but that day is not today.

And then there's sentinel.

I just went and counted. My sentinel build has 26 buttons to play properly, per my idea of doing so. It doesn't macro worth beans, doesn't play well with anything and is just slightly more mobile than a cement staircase.

I haven't gotten my cleric to 70 to run it in dungeons yet, but I'm not offhandedly seeing reason one to play it or want it around. Warrior, rogue and primalist ST healers are tremendously mobile and...mage's have FK. Even nerfed a bit, FK is a Cadillac to seninel being a 1988 Datsun with 1,000,000 miles on an engine that's never been rebuilt properly.

Actual question: What makes sentinel, given its continued status as the generic turret healing vanilla WoW priest, worth bringing over a warrior, rogue or primalist healer?

Am I misjudging it terribly on account of A) never seeing anyone using it in random dungeon groups and B) not yet running it myself for anything?

I'm not trying to be snarky at all. I just look at it and, having played it before and seeing that it hasn't changed in any fashion I've yet seen since NT (or ever in the fashion that its still a turret healer the vast majority of the time), why...should anyone want it?

I see people rolling wardens often enough in warzones, but that's no surprise. Run around, spam aoe heals, die anyway. Its the warden way. Its what they do.

I'm not even sure what the heck sentinels do anymore. Heal, obviously, but...is it yet another case of anything cleric can do, literally everyone else can do better while also being mobile about it, or...?
    Having to use so many buttons to play it is EXACTLY the reason why I love Sentinel. It has so much flexibility. I use it non-stop in dungeons, it's a lot of fun, even though the dungeons are currently boring (too easy). The new legendaries are awesome, can't wait to heal with those in raids! :DDD

Warden was the strongest healer in NT, no idea if it still is though, can't really say, as currently, there is no PvE content that would require an insane amount of AOE heals. You can do dungeons as a Warden though, it's really cool, well, at least for me. (:
    Last edited by Fia; 11-29-2016 at 02:04 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast