+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning player cleric heal / dps

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Returning player cleric heal / dps

Hello I'm returning to rift after a long break and was playing defiler and noticed I couldn't heal anymore.. So I was wondering does cleric have a dps / heal spec like defiler used to be? I'm wanting to be able to do experts IA and solo with it preferably like I used to be able to with defiler
    Or do I need to start playing another class like Mage? Or something?

Welcome back ,

Dps Spec while Healing other People is not rly possible. The best for that is probably the Heal fairy in druid spec.

But with a look on the new expansion , well dps with big self heals to solo things...defiler is probably the best choice. Its a bit slower to run around because it takes a bit time until your DoT's kill someone but you dont have to care to much about hp because your dots heal you.
    If you take at lvl 67 the legendary for " Miserly Affliction "(Tiks 1 more time for each rage dot) and the Legendary of " Aggressive Avarice "( Heals 6% per consumed greed stack- so up to 30%),you have another very well self heal.

And at longer boss fights i do more dps with 61 defiler than shaman or inqui.But the real truth about that shows when Starfall is released and all possible spec / legendary combinations are tested.

Soulwalker

Ahh ok thanks kinda sucks they changed definer so much
    I don't see fairy being able to heal experts or dungeons all unless is gotten a HUGE buff since I last played it
    De filer was fun cause you could do reasonable dps while still being primary healer

Rift Disciple

Hi and welcome back!

There are some dps specs with a few skills into healing souls that are fine for healing lvl 65 expert dungeons etc but they require a bit better gear than I imagine you have after having returned after a long break. You can use them for IAs or soloing very well though. Here's one I liked very much: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5222307 I'm sure there's others too.
    Alaysa@Gelidra
    Laysa@Gelidra

www.eternal-dawn.net @Gelidra [EU]

Quote Originally Posted by chewychunga View Post
    Hello I'm returning to rift after a long break and was playing defiler and noticed I couldn't heal anymore.. So I was wondering does cleric have a dps / heal spec like defiler used to be? I'm wanting to be able to do experts IA and solo with it preferably like I used to be able to with defiler
    Or do I need to start playing another class like Mage? Or something?
    Do you mean chloro? Well there is always 61 warden 12 defiler. It does some good dps similar to chloro but there is a trade off in healing potential. So unless your group is overgearing content I wouldn't suggest it over a standard chloro/ warden. Keep in mind the current HM content from CoA is actually not really HM anymore since it got nerfed.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 10-26-2016 at 11:59 PM.

Soulwalker

I was wondering about all classes not just cleric.. I have 65 everything but I'm wanting a dps spec that can main heal dungeons or main healer with good dps (old defiler) class doesn't matter
    I'm not planning on over gearing if anything I'll be under geared as I'm getting gear to enter raids and stuff
    Plan to get back into end game but only at like 850 hit right now

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by chewychunga View Post
    I was wondering about all classes not just cleric.. I have 65 everything but I'm wanting a dps spec that can main heal dungeons or main healer with good dps (old defiler) class doesn't matter
    I'm not planning on over gearing if anything I'll be under geared as I'm getting gear to enter raids and stuff
    Plan to get back into end game but only at like 850 hit right now
    Defiler didn't really main heal. It was a support dps with links and UT for most content. I mean you could get by with doing some dungeons as a defiler if your tank was overgeared or you spec'ed into healing souls but at that point it would be useless and incomparable to a puri who can face roll heal dungeons and can spec into dps souls to get some dps. That would probably be the better option at the time for someone who is undergeared. However, I think what you want is to roll mage. They have chloro. They are not a main tank healer per se but they can heal dungeons and dps easier than other classes and their dps is comes naturally in their best chloro specs as well. You are an aoe healer mostly though but a main healer none the less since most content requires some sort of AoE healer.

+ Reply to Thread