+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TurbidBlue
  • 1 Post By AtheWunder
  • 1 Post By Austinex

Thread: Best Build for leveling Cleric

Rift Disciple

Default Best Build for leveling Cleric

Anyone have a recommended build for leveling my Cleric ?
    Last edited by Austinex; 10-10-2016 at 06:57 AM.

check out this thread in the class guides forum

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ompendium.html

..on the birth of a search, white trash my native son..

I don't know what lvl you are, but I am also lvling a cleric. I have just recently started lvling him again after the new defiler came out and am really enjoying it. I use defiler/purifier and do great dps and have excellent survivability. The dots heal me and has great synergy with the absorb from purifier. I have used this from 46 to my current lvl of 53 and am in Dusken now questing and never have issues with health/mana or dps.

Not sure if this would be a viable spec for lower lvl's or not b/c you wouldnt have all the defiler dots yet, but it has worked well for me.

Edit: Also very good spec for both aoe and single target btw. Also, can be used well with inquisitor instead of purifer as well. This spec will have less survivability, but more dps with the points spent into inquisitor instead of purifier.
    Last edited by AtheWunder; 10-10-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Rift Disciple

My Cleric is level 60 and am working to get him up to 65. Thanks in advance for the help.

Soulwalker

do intrepid instant adventures with a set of soul specs for the different quest types. and look at the makeup of your raid as it changes over time. If there is only one healer, help out!
    I ran with:

1) "hidden healer" (Warden 61 / Oracle 8 / Sentinel 7): for some reason this shows as support on you role flag, and was a way of helping when I knew the current healer was struggling, but when my gear was so under powered and I didn't want anyone to get the impression that I was a full fledged healer myself. its a good training ground for proper warden healing when you actually have the spell power to back up single target life support.

2) a melee build for some bosses, 'trash' and 'defend the beacon'. my current fave is (shaman 61 / Cabalist 11 / Druid 4) which is strong of area damage (beating pure Cab, to my surprise), plenty of teleporty fun to get you on to the next foe, but is fiercely good at single target too.

3) A ranged damage. best damage for me is (Inquisitor 41 / Defiler 35 / whatever) - the build completely avoids bolt of judgement/retribution perks AND life and death concord. keep your dots up, use your rage and greed bolts on 5 stacks with fanaticism when you can, and remember filler is less important than well timed refreshes.

Still dying?
    4) pure Defiler. its fiddly to the extent that your damage will be less because you are juggling more, but has a whole lot of defense. spamming husk allow some cheeky survival. second and third souls are up to you, but won't contribute more than one spell to your rotation and are more important for 10% extra spell power / wisdom on either side. Inquisitor 8 is an option when you hit level 63 and get vex and sanction heretic on a single cast. paired with shaman 7 for 2 points in 'singled out'. Before then you might even try 6 points in Sentinel for a little more healing juice when you are spamming husk. play with it, find what fits *you* not the other guy.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOldOne View Post
    do intrepid instant adventures with a set of soul specs for the different quest types. and look at the makeup of your raid as it changes over time. If there is only one healer, help out!
    I ran with:

1) "hidden healer" (Warden 61 / Oracle 8 / Sentinel 7): for some reason this shows as support on you role flag, and was a way of helping when I knew the current healer was struggling, but when my gear was so under powered and I didn't want anyone to get the impression that I was a full fledged healer myself. its a good training ground for proper warden healing when you actually have the spell power to back up single target life support.

2) a melee build for some bosses, 'trash' and 'defend the beacon'. my current fave is (shaman 61 / Cabalist 11 / Druid 4) which is strong of area damage (beating pure Cab, to my surprise), plenty of teleporty fun to get you on to the next foe, but is fiercely good at single target too.

3) A ranged damage. best damage for me is (Inquisitor 41 / Defiler 35 / whatever) - the build completely avoids bolt of judgement/retribution perks AND life and death concord. keep your dots up, use your rage and greed bolts on 5 stacks with fanaticism when you can, and remember filler is less important than well timed refreshes.

Still dying?
    4) pure Defiler. its fiddly to the extent that your damage will be less because you are juggling more, but has a whole lot of defense. spamming husk allow some cheeky survival. second and third souls are up to you, but won't contribute more than one spell to your rotation and are more important for 10% extra spell power / wisdom on either side. Inquisitor 8 is an option when you hit level 63 and get vex and sanction heretic on a single cast. paired with shaman 7 for 2 points in 'singled out'. Before then you might even try 6 points in Sentinel for a little more healing juice when you are spamming husk. play with it, find what fits *you* not the other guy.
    Can you give more details on the shaman/cabalist build? What your 11 points in cabalist are, what your single target and AoE rotations/macros are, etc. I'm just starting up again, and could use a starting point. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread