+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Cleric Hype

Default Cleric Hype

On livestream Ocho had said that a big cleric post is incoming this week. Maybe this is the puri nerf announcement? Speculate away.
    Myred & Associates, a Deepwood PLLC
    dba TedCrooz@Deepwood; Mjirth@Deepwood
    Keeper of the Corgi Mask < -Hello Kitty- >
    #SeastoneBestStone, but never forget #DeepwoodBestWood

Shield of Telara

Preview of Legendary Powers

Here's to hoping we read something that is both well received, and complete this time.

The realistic part of me though thinks we'll see something like this :

Legendary power Massive blow : Massive blow now only does 75% of it's damage and damages the shaman on cast, this is so it can be brought more in line with the defiler rework.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    ...Legendary power Massive blow : Massive blow now only does 75% of it's damage and damages the shaman on cast, this is so it can be brought more in line with the defiler rework.
    i laughed

I really hope they discourage the one or two button spec shaman. That will cause a lot of bad clerics to leave the class for good and this will be a good thing overall for Rift. the class is definitely over represented but mostly for the wrong reason I think the devs feel. It is because it offer the trinity for free to play users. Once this spec turns into a major hassle like defiler RS and druid I think cleric would not be a top pick for the classes. However, I would have done MUCH better since I would have nerfed the cleric tank into the ground instead of did what they are doing and only make it viable with a payed for soul since I've been around Rift for a long time and I am confident enough to know how to fix those issues. The healing meta is still really strong in Rift as well. My attempt to persuade the devs to change up this has gone nowhere as well which is also a big reason why cleric is a go to spec for newbies. Unfortunately remakes didn't bring the healing souls to F2P users for other classes like I would have planned for paladin remake and that would have totally changed the game and made the warrior more popular since I feel of the 4 main classes it is the MOST underrepresented in raids atm and throughout NT. This was actually proposed over 3 years ago btw.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 10-01-2016 at 11:21 PM.

Smile Suggestion

I would like to see the following legendary ability for Justicar:
    Precept of Refuge
    Self Buff, 3 meter range
    7.5% Mana
    Instant
    Cooldown: 5 seconds

Normal Version
    Precept of Refuge
    Deals 16 to 18 Life damage. Increases the Cleric's Block by 5% for 8s. Requires a shield.

Legendary Version
    Legendary Precept of Refuge
    Deals 16 to 18 Life damage. Increases the Cleric's Block by 5% for 8s. Does no longer require a shield. You can now block with any off hand item and any two handed weapon. Your Armor will increase accordingly.

Default Buff Oracle

Buff Oracle.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    Here's to hoping we read something that is both well received, and complete this time.

The realistic part of me though thinks we'll see something like this :

Legendary power Massive blow : Massive blow now only does 75% of it's damage and damages the shaman on cast, this is so it can be brought more in line with the defiler rework.
    The moment Massive Blow becomes a cast is the moment I quit Rift. V:
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    I really hope they discourage the one or two button spec shaman.
    What "2-Button-Shaman" do you mean? You mean phys and magical macro? Why is that bad gameplay? I consider it bad gameplay if you don't have those macros, simply because they counter server lag and client lag. I do hope though that they tone down the 1-Button-Shaman quite a bit. I don't mind it being raid viable, but it shouldn't parse anywhere near as high as it does right now.
    Last edited by Fia; 10-02-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    What "2-Button-Shaman" do you mean? You mean phys and magical macro? Why is that bad gameplay? I consider it bad gameplay if you don't have those macros, simply because they counter server lag and client lag. I do hope though that they tone down the 1-Button-Shaman quite a bit. I don't mind it being raid viable, but it shouldn't parse anywhere near as high as it does right now.
    Yes that is what I mean 1 button and 1 other for LH. However you look at it as 1 or 2 button.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 10-03-2016 at 12:44 AM.

Soulwalker

"Legendary Precept of Refuge
    Deals 16 to 18 Life damage. Increases the Cleric's Block by 5% for 8s. Does no longer require a shield. You can now block with any off hand item and any two handed weapon. Your Armor will increase accordingly."

I totally agree this could be a good thing, if not a modification for the normal version of the ability. I'm quite sure that the tanking staves for wizzards and primalists could be tweaked so that they work for clerics too.

It would be nice for the Strike of Judgement Legendary to be perky enough that it at least gets considered as a reasonable 0 point filler for shaman /druid rotation, e.g. it gets buffed by x% if proceeded by physical damage or whatever. Better still if it was tasty enough to warrant shaman to place it on their very dusty third button and fire off on occasion.
    Last edited by GreatOldOne; 10-03-2016 at 04:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Yes that is what I mean 1 button and 1 other for LH. However you look at it as 1 or 2 button.
    Oh I see, yes, then I discourage it, too. :D

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOldOne View Post
    "Legendary Precept of Refuge
    Deals 16 to 18 Life damage. Increases the Cleric's Block by 5% for 8s. Does no longer require a shield. You can now block with any off hand item and any two handed weapon. Your Armor will increase accordingly."

I totally agree this could be a good thing, if not a modification for the normal version of the ability. I'm quite sure that the tanking staves for wizzards and primalists could be tweaked so that they work for clerics too.
    No it wouldn't be good. You'd bring back Senticar. Either that or Precept of Refuge would have to be at least a 30+ point ability.
    Last edited by Fia; 10-03-2016 at 09:05 AM.

Telaran

Speculation or Confirmation? Time to practice that bow to our Frostkeeper overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Icecreambestcream View Post
    Speculation or Confirmation? Time to practice that bow to our Frostkeeper overlords.
    Like, I tried to be subtle about it, but all of you owe me $20.
    Myred & Associates, a Deepwood PLLC
    dba TedCrooz@Deepwood; Mjirth@Deepwood
    Keeper of the Corgi Mask < -Hello Kitty- >
    #SeastoneBestStone, but never forget #DeepwoodBestWood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast