+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Animalstyle
  • 1 Post By Trauumhaft

Thread: Defiler 3.7 feedback

Default Defiler 3.7 feedback

I think this is a bug on the Defiler -

Furious Might tooltip says, "Gain a stack of Rage" but it doesn't, not a 'stack'. It only gives me [1] rage.
    Whereas, Greed's Call tooltip says, "Grants a stack of Greed" and it does, a stack of [5] greeds.

Since a stack is a stack like pancakes, I think Furious Might needs to be hotfixed? Or at least I hope its not just mine...

Thank you!

Shield of Telara

Greed's Call giving 5 stacks instead of 1 is because of your 64 mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauumhaft View Post
    Greed's Call giving 5 stacks instead of 1 is because of your 64 mastery.
    Oh poo, you are quite right! Darn it, I knew I was missing something. Well then...
    Furious Might tooltip says, "Gain a stack of Rage"
    Greed's Call tooltip says, "Grants a stack of Greed"
    Feedback: Since the two abilities are 1 min CDs and similar in design, then my Suggestion is - Could the Sinister Resolve mastery grant 5 stacks for both abilities, Furious Might and Greed's Call?

Reason: Since Furious Might is on a 1 minute cooldown, only receiving 1 rage in return hardly seems... rewarding or consistent?

Just one lil' opinion.
    Last edited by Liltizzy; 09-25-2016 at 04:33 AM.

Shield of Telara

Greed's Call's cd is 20 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauumhaft View Post
    Greed's Call's cd is 20 seconds.
    Hm... another good point. Okay, definitely going back to play it some more and try to nail down a more timely and efficient rotation than what I'm currently doing. Thank you!

It would be nice for some visual indication when hitting a 5 stack on either rage or greed rather than staring at the buffs
    The Kitty Rises....

Plane Touched

after testing a little the new defiler, i have to admit that the idea is not too bad - cleric calling was missing a dot heavy related soul.

BUT

- on the other side this have an opposite result: using the defiler as a subsoul, you are FORCED to take track of 2 new dots in your rotation! so, you have some fights where you can not, or may not want to use dots, and this forces you not to use defiler as a subsoul, while before you used it very much because of the rage blight +5% dmg (e.g. inquisitor, cabalist, oracle, and many more), and this is not good because you have to change the other builds that previously used defiler with something potentially less performing, if you don't want to become crazy with dots.

- you have to admit it all, managing 6 dots is PRETTY INSANE. a store/reapply mechanism, eventually 20/30 sec cd, is ESSENTIAL for such a dot heavy related build; in front of a dummy you can manage them, but what happens in a raid environment when you have to take care of mechanics or target switch? you easily mess up all.

- and this is also the reason than you cannot easily use defiler as a subsoul: at the moment, clerics do not have a soul with NO DOTS!!! imho, this is a big mistake. if there should be one you could say, even if i add a couple more dots it's manageable, but all the souls already have at least 2 dots to manage, so it would become at least 4 and so on. and you cannot manage more than 2 dots in a raid fight if you are an average player.

there are NO alternatives. this is bad. now you have so many dps souls in cleric calling and nor a single one with no dots - and you have so many target witch related fights in current content!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Corcker View Post
    It would be nice for some visual indication when hitting a 5 stack on either rage or greed rather than staring at the buffs
    If you use Karuul Alert , just create 2 alerts. first for stacks 1-4 with "layer 1" and a 2nd one which activates at 5 stacks on "layer 2".(higher layer overlaps lower layer). you can use a biger size or another color for 2nd one.

Question about ability:
    Unholy Nexus shares all your dots if they are up on target(even the greed dots) but you can only share it if the in tooltip named dots are up.I play with german client so maybe the translation is the error here but my tooltip says something else.Anyways if its a bug and you change it to only share the dots called in tooltips , it probably sux for pvp.

...so PvP ..does we have a chance to remove or lower the amount of self killing? there are just to much dispells in the game.+full cleanse of rogues and mages. sometimes you try to kill a heal and he just keeps dispelling what means you do no dmg while killing yourself..

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Animalstyle View Post
    Question about ability:
    Unholy Nexus shares all your dots if they are up on target(even the greed dots) but you can only share it if the in tooltip named dots are up.I play with german client so maybe the translation is the error here but my tooltip says something else.Anyways if its a bug and you change it to only share the dots called in tooltips , it probably sux for pvp.
    The german tooltip is wrong. Not just with this ability.

Also Siphon Vitality has to be up for it to work.

Soulwalker

I sincerely hope that some of the legendary powers help with managing the dots. but ideally in a way that it feels different to warlock game play. possible solutions could be:
    • marrow harvest refreshes siphon vitality
    • when a foe dies bond of pain gets reset
    • casting pain transmission adds both greed dots on foes above x% health

something that triggers marrow harvest early is a really obvious idea, as is adding a debilitate when it is purged in pvp.

+ Reply to Thread