+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Purifier Healing Question

Telaran

Default Purifier Healing Question

I have just come back after a very long time and I thought I would try the purifier (61) build. I love healing with it but how do they handle damage that affects the entire group? How are you guys handling this? The tree seems to have great single target but is lacking in group.
    Thanks ;D

Purifiers have two abilities that can raid heal:

Flame of Life
    Gathering of the Flames

Use Gathering of the Flames with Flashover and possibly Fiery Will for a moderate 10 target shield and heal (which triggers when the shield is damaged off). Use Flame of Life for heavy raid damage, or as a last resort. Do not use it with Flashover or Fiery Will.

Other than those two cooldowns, you can use Symbols on raid members, one by one. Each symbol can affect 3 targets. Casting a symbol on a fourth target will remove the shielding from the first target.

Use the level 65 mastery Divine Providence. Cast Divine Favor on three targets, generally including the tank, and your ST healing and shielding will trigger a moderate sized heal on each target. This allows you to simultaneously heal three people (for example in an expert dungeon).

Finally, you can potentially spec 8 or 12 points into Warden for Healing Flood (AOE HoT) and Healing Cataract (AOE heal). This is generally useless in a setting where there's a specialized raid healer (like a Warden, Chloromancer, Liberator or Phys-tact), but can be useful in IAs or NTEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyorn View Post
    I have just come back after a very long time and I thought I would try the purifier (61) build. I love healing with it but how do they handle damage that affects the entire group? How are you guys handling this? The tree seems to have great single target but is lacking in group.
    Thanks ;D
    I'm not sure when the last time you played Purifier is buuuut:

For a group setting, you'll actually find it very easy to heal through the current raid damage.

- The game now has masteries; Divine Favor is your level 65 mastery. You buff yourself and then you apply DF to 3 people. Tank and 2 DPS you think deserve your specialness. This will proc off every healing and absorb ability that you use. SOTS/SOTT will also proc this which helps if you do the next:
    - Symbol of the Sun can be placed on 3 targets. Symbol of the Torch can be placed on 3 targets. You'll want 3x SoTS and 2xSoTT.
    - Gathering of the Flames is a shield/heal cooldown that applies to 10 people. You can boost it's value by utilizing Fiery Will + Flashover to have it critically hit for the absorb and the heal. This can be a preemptively applied when you know the group is going to take a large hit of damage.
    - Flame of Life is a quick burst AOE healing cooldown that also applies damage mitigation and damage done boost during the duration. If you've run out of CDs or you need an "oh****" CD, this is it.

Alternatively:
    - If you've already exhausted through SOTS/SOTT, you can use Healing Flare to top up individual members in your party. Which also means that your Divine Favor will proc on those targets.

Suggestions:
    - Purifier can be mana intensive and for that I would suggest you go at least 4 Boundless into Warden to pick up the resource cost reduction on abilities.
    - 11 Sentinel is still a really good go-to option to pick up Touch the Light for Flashover + Latent Blaze instant casts

With how well this bodes out, you don't need to pick up Healing Flood or Healing Cataract for experts. The AOE damage you encounter in them now is very nominal as well.

My usual build: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#p...yFlkG8/qf|_JP0

Edit: Fixed build, I always forget masteries
    Last edited by Riane; 09-19-2016 at 10:02 PM.

Telaran

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, this is exactly what I have been looking for. Thanks you two ;).

Divine Favour is totally OP.

I use instant heals on the tank during times of raid damage to proc it every GCD, and have a self heal macro to keep myself up (and proc Divine Favour on the group). Keep Latent Blaze up on yourself and the tank for extra security, and use Rite of the Forge on the tank if things are looking tricksy.

Very easy to heal the likes of Rhaaz'de Canyons this way (the easy dungeons are a cakewalk), or solo heal the second boss in IGP.

+ Reply to Thread