+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mystifal
  • 1 Post By Trauumhaft

Thread: Shaman

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default Shaman

    Can anyone post a shaman build for pvp with only a couple buttons using macros please.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    i know that this is HORRIBLE and should NEVER be used but...

    Code:
    #show Frozen Wrath
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Frozen Wrath
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Punishing Strike
    cast Deep Freeze
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Jolt
    cast Glacial Shield
    cast Rush of Strength
    cast Glacial Strike
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Icy Blow
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp
    cast Strike of the Maelstrom
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Shield of Oak
    for the build, 61 pt shaman i think they're mandatory. then you could go 7 druid and 8 justicar for good survivability

    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#D8d/lkGBlhlkll4/rh4

  3. #3
    Fia
    Fia is offline
    Champion of Telara Fia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,349

    Default

    I suggest putting your 2 big CDs in a separate macro, other than that, you basically only have 1 button to smash, boring and subpar as hell, but if it helps it's good. :)
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

    Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv


  4. #4
    Plane Touched Gharn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    i know that this is HORRIBLE and should NEVER be used but...

    Code:
    #show Frozen Wrath
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Frozen Wrath
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Punishing Strike
    cast Deep Freeze
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Jolt
    cast Glacial Shield
    cast Rush of Strength
    cast Glacial Strike
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Icy Blow
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp
    cast Strike of the Maelstrom
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Shield of Oak
    for the build, 61 pt shaman i think they're mandatory. then you could go 7 druid and 8 justicar for good survivability

    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#D8d/lkGBlhlkll4/rh4
    That macro is messy as hell. There is no point in having Fervent or Icy Blow in same binding, since both have no cooldown, and anything below that won't be triggered...with the silly exception of Maelstrom and Oak when you don't have a target >_<
    Sanzor@Zaviel
    Guild - The Pack

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gharn View Post
    That macro is messy as hell. There is no point in having Fervent or Icy Blow in same binding, since both have no cooldown, and anything below that won't be triggered...with the silly exception of Maelstrom and Oak when you don't have a target >_<
    Everything in that macro is capable of being triggered. Fervent will be used while outside melee range and within 20m. Ekkehard's will be used from 20m+ to 30, Maelstrom will be used while facing away from the target, and lastly LH will trigger in the very unlikely scenario that you are facing away from your target and don't have enough mana for Maelstrom.

    Still messy tho.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

  6. #6
    Soulwalker MrAskAPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    i know that this is HORRIBLE and should NEVER be used but...

    Code:
    #show Frozen Wrath
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Frozen Wrath
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Punishing Strike
    cast Deep Freeze
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Jolt
    cast Glacial Shield
    cast Rush of Strength
    cast Glacial Strike
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Icy Blow
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp
    cast Strike of the Maelstrom
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Shield of Oak
    for the build, 61 pt shaman i think they're mandatory. then you could go 7 druid and 8 justicar for good survivability

    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#D8d/lkGBlhlkll4/rh4
    Maybe I'm just missing something here but... why is Sanction Heretic (an Inquisitor skill) in the macro if the offsoul suggestions are Druid and Justicar?

    That said, for people like me who don't raid/pvp and want something simple and fun for open-world content this seems like a good fit.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Gharn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Everything in that macro is capable of being triggered. Fervent will be used while outside melee range and within 20m. Ekkehard's will be used from 20m+ to 30, Maelstrom will be used while facing away from the target, and lastly LH will trigger in the very unlikely scenario that you are facing away from your target and don't have enough mana for Maelstrom.

    Still messy tho.
    ....damn, I didn't know there was that amount of laziness :P
    Sanzor@Zaviel
    Guild - The Pack

  8. #8
    Telaran Tilar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAskAPirate View Post
    Maybe I'm just missing something here but... why is Sanction Heretic (an Inquisitor skill) in the macro if the offsoul suggestions are Druid and Justicar?
    Probably just using his macro from the actual 8 inq 7 druid spec and didn't take it out.
    -[ TD 4/4 ]-
    Tilar@Greybriar | Talir@Greybriar | Tilaria@Greybriar | Tilarn@Greybriar | Khensu@Greybriar
    <Trinity> | R.I.P. <Critical Hit>

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilar View Post
    Probably just using his macro from the actual 8 inq 7 druid spec and didn't take it out.
    fortunately i'm not lazy ENOUGH to use this macro
    but yes, i made a wrong copy/paste, this is the extra noob macro for pve, with inquisitor subsoul. for pvp then i suggest using justicar and of course remove the sanction heretic

    but, please, dont use the extra noob macro if you can
    Last edited by Mystifal; 08-03-2016 at 02:28 AM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    i know that this is HORRIBLE and should NEVER be used but...

    Code:
    #show Frozen Wrath
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Frozen Wrath
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Punishing Strike
    cast Deep Freeze
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Jolt
    cast Glacial Shield
    cast Rush of Strength
    cast Glacial Strike
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Icy Blow
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp
    cast Strike of the Maelstrom
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Shield of Oak
    for the build, 61 pt shaman i think they're mandatory. then you could go 7 druid and 8 justicar for good survivability

    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#D8d/lkGBlhlkll4/rh4
    Because newbs will actually use that macro... this is a very bad idea... but between a noob spamming that 1 button macro with copy and paste spec above vs a baddie playing w/e that makes him happy... I will pick the 1 button spammer anytime.

  11. #11
    Rift Master Nantucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Because newbs will actually use that macro... this is a very bad idea... but between a noob spamming that 1 button macro with copy and paste spec above vs a baddie playing w/e that makes him happy... I will pick the 1 button spammer anytime.
    Everyone knows that playing shaman successfully takes 2 buttons, but getting the hang of that first button means you're halfway there!
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Playing with this macro yields sub-optimal dps. However, sadly enough, this doesn't bother most people, the content does not require you to maximize output or you're being carried anyway which is essentially not caring again.

    For anyone interested in the evolution of learning it the proper way sometime down the line follow this method if you're struggling to learn more complex rotations or with using more buttons in one sitting.
    • 1-button macro
    • 1-button macro + opener macro (same thing without cooldowns)
    • split 1-button macro into non-phys and phys + cooldown macro
    • split more + individual buttons for cooldowns
    • moar buttons for ultimate control

  13. #13
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauumhaft View Post
    Playing with this macro yields sub-optimal dps. However, sadly enough, this doesn't bother most people, the content does not require you to maximize output or you're being carried anyway which is essentially not caring again.

    For anyone interested in the evolution of learning it the proper way sometime down the line follow this method if you're struggling to learn more complex rotations or with using more buttons in one sitting.
    • 1-button macro
    • 1-button macro + opener macro (same thing without cooldowns)
    • split 1-button macro into non-phys and phys + cooldown macro
    • split more + individual buttons for cooldowns
    • moar buttons for ultimate control
    this is how i actually teach players shaman, but i skip the 1 button part. i start with the basic phys/nonphys rotation, then teach them to work in lightning and sanction into that once they get phys/nonphys down, and then go over the cd block once they have everything else sorted. it's fairly easy to learn if you go about it this way imo.
    Last edited by ecru; 08-04-2016 at 01:44 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts