+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Riane

Thread: Tidal Surge (Warden) broken / not working properly?

Plane Touched

Default Tidal Surge (Warden) broken / not working properly?

hi all just noticed this strange thing when trying on the Warden soul. when casting Tidal Surge (+80% Next Heal) , and of course then casting Monsoon, for having the effects of Healing Spray, Soothing Stream, Healing Flood, all applied +80%, i see bad numbers.
    Please note: the tooltips of the single abilities do increment correctly, but when i read the numbers in the log... here we are (normal tick / critical tick)

without TS:
    HS 10573 / 13872
    SS 11936 / 16338
    HF 7915 / 9063

WITH TS:
    HS 11071 / 14370
    SS 12434 / 16836
    HF 8413 / 9561

of course this does not result in a 80% increase!!!

did anyone else notice? please DEVS investigate on this

Tidal Surge + Monsoon has not worked for quite some time. It's been reported and mentioned a bunch but hasn't ever been resolved.

Plane Touched

wow!! i thought i discovered a bug, instead i discovered that...

it was reported on 2015-04-04
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...en-please.html

it was reported on 2015-08-24
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...s-clerics.html

and, last but not least... ahov reported it on 2013-06-11 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ift-3-2-a.html

CRAP!!!

i'm thinking that 3 years are more than enough to fix/rethink the thing, so my conlusion is that probably this is an intended nerf, because it's not broken at all, only the increment is more or less +5% instead of +80%, probably for some hidden balancing...

so understood this my question is, what is the utility of tidal surge???

Shield of Telara

i'm thinking that 3 years are more than enough to fix/rethink the thing
    The probability of bug fixes doesn't behave linearly with time. If it doesn't get fixed within a normal fixing period (which for Rift is about a month, maybe 2) then the likelyhood of it ever being fixed converges towards 0 as time progresses.

so my conlusion is that probably this is an intended nerf, because it's not broken at all, only the increment is more or less +5% instead of +80%, probably for some hidden balancing...
    Warden is and even was before the so called "buff" powerful enough. Monsoon is already a ridiculous strong cooldown.
    Last edited by Trauumhaft; 07-27-2016 at 02:50 AM.

Is it bugged?
    Yes.

Do you need it?
    No.

Warden is OP without Tidal Surge working with Monsoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    i'm thinking that 3 years are more than enough to fix/rethink the thing, so my conlusion is that probably this is an intended nerf, because it's not broken at all, only the increment is more or less +5% instead of +80%, probably for some hidden balancing...
    It was actually fixed but somewhere in late 2014 or 2015 it ended up getting broken again. It had been fixed though.

RIFT 2.3 Hotfix #16

Code:
    WARDEN
    * Tidal Surge and Monsoon: These abilities now work together as expected.
    So as you can see, Tidal Surge is supposed to work in tandem with Monsoon. It ~should~ be fixed still.

Quote Originally Posted by Zojah View Post
    Is it bugged?
    Yes.

Do you need it?
    No.

Warden is OP without Tidal Surge working with Monsoon.
    "The Monsoon & Tidal Surge issue should have been fixed a long time ago. Especially as you say, in the current meta, meeting high constant healing spikes is needed."
    Last edited by Riane; 07-27-2016 at 05:44 AM.

Plane Touched

this points out even more my thought. if you make some tries you see that tidal surge is effectively doing some increments, but about 5% in my parses...

so, if it's a balance design matter, the question is:
    tidal surge can be useful when taking warden as subsoul as a strong CD but...
    what the hell is tidal surce worth using in 61 warden?

could eventually be used with downpour (it works quite well with it and makes downpour slightly less useless), but then downpour should be channelable while moving!! it's too underwhelmed for being a stand still cast atm....... if downpour could be channeled while moving then it would take place between normal heals and wave of renewal (that is very strong and it's ok to cast it while standing still)

Cheeky - had a feeling someone would do that.

That was pre-mana changes though. These days you can spam HE until the cows come home

so, if it's a balance design matter, the question is:
    tidal surge can be useful when taking warden as subsoul as a strong CD but...
    what the hell is tidal surce worth using in 61 warden?
    Use it with Healing Flood.

Due to the passive "Rising Tides" (Your damaging abilities reduce the cooldown of Tidal Surge by 3s), you can spam Geyser and Tidal Surge / Healing Flood will both be ready at the time of refresh. If not, refresh Healing Flood without and refresh again when Tidal Surge is ready.

could eventually be used with downpour (it works quite well with it and makes downpour slightly less useless), but then downpour should be channelable while moving!! it's too underwhelmed for being a stand still cast atm....... if downpour could be channeled while moving then it would take place between normal heals and wave of renewal (that is very strong and it's ok to cast it while standing still)
    Back when Redhawk had been looking for feedback on Warden, I had mentioned that it would be nice to have Downpour converted into how Healing Showers used to work in vanilla Warden.

The ability wasn't gtae but rather it was an affect on you so it did require you to be stacked. The VFX was really nice too..

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Back when Redhawk had been looking for feedback on Warden, I had mentioned that it would be nice to have Downpour converted into how Healing Showers used to work in vanilla Warden.

The ability wasn't gtae but rather it was an affect on you so it did require you to be stacked. The VFX was really nice too..
    #BringBackDelugeToo !

Plane Touched

because something else is stronk it's ok to have broken skills logic.

i use it with downpour or healing flood. tidal surge + downpour is better than spamming healing effusion and it ticks every second.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Tidal surge + orbs of the tide is a really good one aswell.

And I don't think that tidal surge + monsoon would even be balanced.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 07-28-2016 at 06:59 PM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

ITT: Tidal Surge + Healing Ability

+ Reply to Thread