+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Nickalispicalis
  • 1 Post By Harski
  • 1 Post By Thunrar
  • 1 Post By forbiddenlake
  • 2 Post By Aayden
  • 2 Post By Beepbeepboop

Thread: Druid Changes = Horrible. Please Cancel and Leave as is.

Default Druid Changes = Horrible. Please Cancel and Leave as is.

Been playing since two months after release, and I must say this Druid "rework" is the worst soul design I have ever seen. Its unbelievable to me that this went live, and that anyone would desire this.

Here are the issues. Druid is not a pet class now. It may not have been much of one before, but it definitely is not one now. All the pet buffs have been stripped away. There is zero synergy between you and your pet now. Well you may say this is where the conduit comes in. Even if you think reducing the pet to a static buff is a good thing, you still have to SUMMON it for the buff to be active. i.e.,: The Satyr Destroyer has to be summoned to gain the 15% buff. However, It still goes through the motions like it is attacking something, when it isn't. It is incredibly annoying and distracting. It is simply in the way. Who thought that was good game design to have it function this way ?

I have not tested it out yet, but I believe soloing is going to be a lot harder now. Perhaps the healing pet can keep up, but with spirit of the wood gone, you have lost all your passive healing.

Lastly, this may be subjective, but Druid simply isn't very enjoyable to play anymore. Running around with a static pet pretending to attack things felt so artificial and awkward, I had to soon stop.

I do not care that Druid with optimal play Druid now does 0.00000000001% more damage than Shaman or Inquisitor on some test dummy test. No raider that i have talked to has interest in playing it. RIFT caters all their changes to a minority of raiders, who are leaving the game anyways, and it is if no other players matter. At least, before these changes Druid was fun to solo with and do I/A's. Not anymore. I am permanently retiring it. I may cancel patron subscription, and leave RIFT altogether. This is just awful.
    Rift mobile app still broken

"It isn't" ~ Daglar

Plane Touched

you leave the game cause of soul is changed? you probly better off then cause there will be more changes in future

Rift Chaser

The changes were on the forums and the pts for at least a month, you could have chimed in then when the feedback mattered most. If you are really going to quit the game over one spec, I would suggest you stay away from MMOs entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Plane Touched

Leaving aside the fact that the new rotation just feels clunky, and that I agree with the OP that we didn't really need another melee DPS option in raids (unless it brought something new).

For those of us who used Druid mainly to Solo and those levelling with it who will be using the pet a lot, can we get a couple of minor QoL changes.

1. Build in a default Spirit of Asphodael to all pets, which on turning on Fae Dispersion switches to the Spirit of Upheaval, thus giving more control for all pets on their damage ( for the Satyr Protector the Spirit of upheaval did a big portion of its damage with multiple mobs)

2. Build Aid of the forest into all pets - this ability more than any other defined the Druids ability to solo vast quantities of stuff. Assuming the built in buff does nothing once your pet is deactivated for its buff in a raid it gives no new advantage, but helps keep the flavour of the old soul alive for those that want it.

PLEASE give us back our solo spec Trion - its great to level with and great for open world at 65, or at least it was.

Further suggestions to make the soul more raid useful
    1. For fights like first boss CoA please make fae extraction work on the adds - I appreciate that you need to be careful afte the whole Volan theft across the map before, but the fact it cant pull in basic trash is REALLY annoying.

2. Remove thorns of ire in favour of a Physical damage version of the inquisitors spiritual deficiency
    You are entitled to a vomit bag, if you do not have one, one will be provided for you. We're strapped for cash so it may be used, barf carefully!

Councillor Thunrar@Zaviel Keeper of the Dead <Servants of None>
    Guild Motto: Why did that happen? Because **** you that's why!

You know you can provide feedback without being a jerk, right?
    As it is, you're not helping. Can I have your stuff before you leave?

Plane Touched

also, if this is the ONLY solo spec you can come up with maybe take a look on the combo of other souls..

Quote Originally Posted by Aayden View Post
    The changes were on the forums and the pts for at least a month, you could have chimed in then when the feedback mattered most. If you are really going to quit the game over one spec, I would suggest you stay away from MMOs entirely.
    I did voice my displeasure on the changes before they went live as did some others. The problem is we were completely ignored. There was not one developer response to criticism that was raised.

It probably is not a major issue for many because hardly anyone was playing Druid before, and if even less are playing it now, so who cares right ?
    Last edited by Nickalispicalis; 07-18-2016 at 10:38 AM.
    Rift mobile app still broken

"It isn't" ~ Daglar

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nickalispicalis View Post

It probably is not a major issue for many because hardly anyone was playing Druid before, and if even less are playing it now, so who cares right ?
    Yeah, pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

So any recommended builds for druid 3.7?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    So any recommended builds for druid 3.7?
    10chars

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Trauumhaft View Post
    hah, in your build 0 pets, why you spent 3 point in Intensity of Purpose? It increase only pets dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Trauumhaft View Post
    10chars Danke!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by whatchout View Post
    hah, in your build 0 pets, why you spent 3 point in Intensity of Purpose? It increase only pets dmg
    It increases your damage by 5/10/15%, magelo tooltips are wrong.

But personally i prefer to get the damage pets, you dont use fervent strike much, so moving those points into pets is in my experience a gain.
    Last edited by Pretoi; 07-19-2016 at 04:50 AM.

Rift Disciple

It's just another example of raiders trying to change a soul. Druids just aren't that fun to play anymore. Raiders are currently trying to do the same thing with the defiler right now. Sucks they have to change what's unique about a class just to appeal to a few people.
    Last edited by Beepbeepboop; 07-21-2016 at 09:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread