+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clerics in PVP. Please help.

Default Clerics in PVP. Please help.

Alright, so I played a ton in Vanilla, and a few months in SL. I had rank 50 prestige in vanilla, which was no small feat at the time (at least a large time investment). I did a lot of pvp healing, and played mostly dps in raids. Point being I'm not a complete novice.

I have to say, I am completely at a loss of what to do in PVP right now. I've been 65 for a few weeks, and while my gear isn't amazing, on average I would say I see more people with worse gear than better (yes, I did spend a little money).

Well, I picked up on Shaman pvp and had fun with that for like, 5 minutes. Since the patch I hit like a wet noodle. I am literally getting shredded by rogues before I can even finish 2 gcds.

As inquistor, I am unloading all my cooldowns and people aren't even going to half health. If they look at me I die.

As a warden I can't even tell if I am healing people. I mean I see raw numbers on the screen, but if someone decides to kill a person or me I can't save them. As Sentinal, if I can stand and cast without anyone attacking me I can heal a ton, but the second someone looks at me I'm dead.

Puri is next on my list, but I am feeling pretty useless. Help? What am I doing wrong? What are sucessful PVP clerics doing?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Tarna2929 View Post
    If they look at me I die.
    This is so me!!

I PVP because I like it, not that I do a lot of damage. I get happy if i get a kill! But I go for objectives, or try to. Don't care about kills or most damage done.

PS: get a pocket healer

Shield of Telara

• Don't PvP.
    • If you want to heal: Puri/Sent (hybrid or full) or Wardinel
    • If you want to dps: Inquisitor
    • Close quarters: Shaman (with Cab)
    • Troll people (my favorite) (your team as well): Druid
    • Again, don't PvP.

Soulwalker

Help? What am I doing wrong? What are sucessful PVP clerics doing?
    Rerolling Mage, Rogue, or Primalist.

Telaran

Stick with inquisitor for dps (make sure to put points into cab for Dark Passage) - it has the best burst and is ranged and has a lot of escape mechanisms. Make sure you time the use of your CDs - don't burn RC when they are at full health, wait until they are down to half before you start the rotation. Make sure to purge healers if there is no bard, and if you aren't making any headway bringing their health down, target switch or lure the target out of range of their healers (some people will follow you around corners to try and kill you).

For healing, I usually use Sentinel, again for burst. However, the other classes are stronger for healing (Frost Keeper, most notably), so you're better off going dps unless you need a healer.

The gap between top gear and bottom gear bolstering seems to be pretty large right now, so if your gear is not great, then you will need to stick with a pack of other players - you won't have a lot of luck going for objectives solo.

Finally, try to get the Warlord's 3 piece bonus (+5% damage in PVP), that will make a difference.

Soulwalker

Smile

Right now shaman or inquisitor are you best bet, but I don't have a PvP shaman just my everything shaman basically. Same for inquisitor... But if I was you i would also get the warmongers stuff as well.
    Worst cleric NA (Shh don't fight it)

If you have great pvp awareness or are in a pm with healers go shaman or inq but honestly the best thing to be for your team in general is a defiler to counteract the healing debuff. With the frostkeeper already being quite OP with out a healing debuff a defiler fixes it for the most part with the healing debuff
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 07-17-2016 at 01:44 AM.

What am I doing wrong?
    Probably not a lot, if you're seasoned. PVP meta still favors mobility and utility, and the game has since added several new souls that are more PVP friendly than those afforded to Cleric: Preserver (Primalist) and Frostkeeper (Mage). If you're really into PVP Healing, rolling a new toon is still a good idea to consider, especially now that gear for T1 and T2 are much more accesible.

For cleric warfront healing, though, Senti is still a nice option, as well as Defiler and Purifier. Dizbo posted a couple of videos back in the PVP guides section a while back that show what Senti and Defiler look like in a warfront. Cupcakey even posted her preferred sentinel build a while back as well.
    Myred & Associates, a Deepwood PLLC
    dba TedCrooz@Deepwood; Mjirth@Deepwood
    Keeper of the Corgi Mask < -Hello Kitty- >
    #SeastoneBestStone, but never forget #DeepwoodBestWood

+ Reply to Thread