+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: NEED HELP

Default NEED HELP

Hello

So I'm a lvl65 Cleric - 61 Druid build with 8 in Inq and 7 in Shaman. I have all purple gear (Raid 3) and my hit is 1558. I'm averaging about 30k DPS...which feels very low. I have checked it on dummies and in world events...sometimes it spikes to 50k, but I've never seen it go above that.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just because of the druid spec? I would like to get into raiding, but with my current DPS, I won't even bother. I'm struggling completing some dungeons as well.

Is there another spec I could try that gives out more DPS? I've only been playing for 6 months, so tried the more advanced rotation builds and struggle with them.

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice.

Druid is currently being reworked, but right now, it isn't really end game viable. Inquisitor isn't that difficult of a spec to pick up. I would also suggest trying Shaman as it is a little more difficult, but does more dps. I would guess the low dps would be mostly due to your spec though your rotation may contribute as well. I'd offer more help, but I don't really play Cleric. There are plenty of good clerics here on the forums so hopefully one of them will pop in and go into a bit more detail. Good luck!

Or just reroll rogue. Then I can help you :P
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Druid is currently being reworked, but right now, it isn't really end game viable. Inquisitor isn't that difficult of a spec to pick up. I would also suggest trying Shaman as it is a little more difficult, but does more dps. I would guess the low dps would be mostly due to your spec though your rotation may contribute as well. I'd offer more help, but I don't really play Cleric. There are plenty of good clerics here on the forums so hopefully one of them will pop in and go into a bit more detail. Good luck!

Or just reroll rogue. Then I can help you :P
    Oh ok, I see...hopefully it will be better after the revamp. I have tried both specs (Seatin's guides) and struggle a bit with them. I love playing melee but Shaman is a bit tricky..even trying the rotations that was suggested, I only pull 35kDPS on ST.

Hehe, only saw the fine print now...I actually have started a rogue, but it's only on lvl21 now.
    Last edited by Ican84; 07-11-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Shield of Telara

• Get this
    • Press this:
    • #show Frozen Wrath
      suppressmacrofailures
      cast Sanction Heretic
      cast Frozen Wrath
      cast Rage of the North
      cast Punishing Strike
      cast Deep Freeze
      cast Massive Blow
      cast Jolt
      cast Glacial Shield
      cast Rush of Strength
      cast Glacial Strike
      cast Combined Effort
      cast Icy Blow
      cast Fervent Strike
      cast Ekkehard's Grasp
      cast Strike of the Maelstrom
      cast Lightning Hammer
      cast Shield of Oak

I would not advise to play like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauumhaft View Post

I would not advise to play like this.
    I actually have a similar macro on my cleric alt for when people just need a dps to fill a role. I think my cleric is still 1k hit and pulls like 45-50k on a raid dummy with it (well, I don't have frozen wrath in my macro and there's a few other differences).

But like I said, I don't really cleric so I would definitely suggest learning to play it properly as it will only benefit you in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

1558 hit?

You shouldn't be wearing any hit runes

@forbiddenlake - Oh ok, why not?

@Trauumhaft - What would you advise then?

Plane Touched

dont feed the troll guys

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Harski View Post
    dont feed the troll guys
    Yeah I think op is trolling. 6 months of rift and he knows about as much as a new player with 6hrs playtime.
    Do you play 1hr/month?

Quote Originally Posted by Ican84 View Post
    @forbiddenlake - Oh ok, why not?
    The only use of hit runes is to get you near/above a hit threshold, which in NT are 800, 1000, 1200, and 1400. They do nothing for you once above the threshold for the tier. If you're really above 1400, hit is only a meaningless measuring stick.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 07-12-2016 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    The only use of hit runes is to get you near/above a hit threshold, which in NT are 800, 1000, 1200, and 1400. They do nothing for you once above the threshold for the tier. If you're really above 1400, hit is only a meaningless measuring stick.
    Aaah ok, thanks for the info, I did not know that.

As for the rest of the "constructive" posters - She is not a troll and yes, I'm a NOOB, but thanks for all you advice! ;-) Glad to see some "friendly" people on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ican84 View Post
    Aaah ok, thanks for the info, I did not know that.

As for the rest of the "constructive" posters - She is not a troll and yes, I'm a NOOB, but thanks for all you advice! ;-) Glad to see some "friendly" people on the forum.
    sorry for being rude, but you've read a shaman guide and emphatically stated that it was "fantastic". i assume you played/tested it for atleast a few days?

did you REALLY practice/try it out? or were you (are you) fishing for attention?

i'd like to give you the benefit of doubt, but 4 months is a lot of time to play and not understand the game.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyy View Post
    sorry for being rude, but you've read a shaman guide and emphatically stated that it was "fantastic". i assume you played/tested it for atleast a few days?

did you REALLY practice/try it out? or were you (are you) fishing for attention?

i'd like to give you the benefit of doubt, but 4 months is a lot of time to play and not understand the game.
    Is this what passes as an apology these days?

How does one get to 1558 hit with only having 30k DPS? Did you happen to purchase your gear by any chance?
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

General of Telara

better question is how you managed get T3 gear without raiding in 6 months? and pretty much knowing nothing about game

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast