+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Defiler Alternative

Plane Walker

Default Defiler Alternative

I do hope with the next round of souls, that some other class gets a defiler equivalent.

How do other raiding clerics feel?

Defiler is actually a very problematic soul for developing raids, because of how much mitigation it gives to the tank. Either the tank damage is tuned with a defiler in mind, making it a mandatory role, or it is tuned to not need a defiler, allowing a defiler to trivialize tank healing.
    The devs are, as far as I know, aware of this, and are trying to make defiler not be what it is, so that it doesn't throw such a wrench into raid development.

That said, Mage's Necromancer soul also provides a 15% mitigation link on the tank. It doesn't have unstable transformation, but it does higher DPS.

Warrior's Warlord soul also provides a 15% mitigation link, but it will kill itself doing so because it takes 100% of the intercepted damage making it very unreliable.

So hopefully no new defiler alternative gets released.
    Last edited by SecondBass; 07-08-2016 at 11:02 AM.
    The cockroaches won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion 4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade 4.1 Reaver 4.1 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

Defiler should be deleted.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I'd be fine with that solution also

Plane Walker

What % mitigation defiler gives? If a raid usually requires a puri+warden, will the tank be able to survive with 2 warden+1 defiler instead?
    Last edited by Wowo; 07-08-2016 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowo View Post
    What % mitigation defiler gives? If a raid usually requires a puri+warden, will the tank be able to survive with 2 warden+1 defiler instead?
    The defiler links are 20%, 15%, 10% and 5%.

That really depends on the raid. In most current content fights, the answer is no, unless the defiler focuses on healing.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 07-08-2016 at 06:56 PM.

--
    Not going to happen since it's a purchased soul from the Storm Soul Pack [Tempest, Harbinger, Defiler & Tactician]
    Hopefully it is slated for a thoughtful fix though.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post
    --
    Not going to happen since it's a purchased soul from the Storm Soul Pack [Tempest, Harbinger, Defiler & Tactician]
    Hopefully it is slated for a thoughtful fix though.
    Obviously it is not going to be removed, but it can be removed in its current iteration.

Defiler is a flawed soul at its very core, and should be completely reworked into a dps spec.

Because raids are balanced around the Defiler's Link mitigation. I know the content has been nerfed but things have to be adjusted to account for the loss of the links as well as the Unstable Transformation cooldown.

It took a long time for shielding to get nerfed as well, so baby steps.

They did specifically state that there will be soul reworks in the upcoming weeks. Bet you any money Defiler is on the chopping block but since it will be more involved than what previous have had, I can see it being something that needs more time involved.

Even the Sab rework isn't something that's done in a couple days. It's a lot of stuff to sift through to change and balance, etc.
    I would be fine if there was no rework though, and they just outright deleted it like you said. I know we're joking, but man, that is how much I despise the defiler soul. Defiler and puri have been holding the class back so much because they are so powerful for what Rift is balanced around : Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    I would be fine if there was no rework though, and they just outright deleted it like you said. I know we're joking, but man, that is how much I despise the defiler soul. Defiler and puri have been holding the class back so much because they are so powerful for what Rift is balanced around : Raids.
    Well, Defiler/Puri have ruined PVP for awhile too lol. It's not as prevalent now as it was during SL and the last few months since the healing has changed around... but yeah

Plane Walker

Thing if they were to make a big Defiler change, it would probably have to come right before a new expansion so that it was just part of it.

Plane Touched

Defiler is one of the (few) unique souls remained in the game, that distinguish cleric from any other calling. personally, i think that this should remain, and every calling should have something unique, although i find likewise correct that every calling shall cover every role be it, tank, healing, support, dps.
    Defiler then, imho, should never be deleted, but i agree that it has to be improved in many ways.

Rift Disciple

The Defiler is my favorite class to use in 5 man experts because of how unique it feels, and I honestly don't give a crap about raiding or pvp, so it's sucks that the class is going to get changed due to the usually whining. If they do do a rework, I hope the soul remains a healer/dps hybrid that focuses on delayed healing instead of being another boring DPS class.
    Last edited by Beepbeepboop; 07-15-2016 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    Defiler is one of the (few) unique souls remained in the game, that distinguish cleric from any other calling. personally, i think that this should remain, and every calling should have something unique, although i find likewise correct that every calling shall cover every role be it, tank, healing, support, dps.
    Defiler then, imho, should never be deleted, but i agree that it has to be improved in many ways.
    No one said it wasn't unique but it has destroyed balancing PVE (and even PVP) for years. Permanent links on 4 people and prior to it's nerf.. 30% and 20% perma mitigation?! That was horrible. 20% and 15% are still horrible.

Defiler as it is right now needs to go. No one wants to still be the link ***** in raids. In the current pvp meta, it's also harder to maintain the same output as other healers because basically have 3s of not healing due to GCD + Explosive Growth outside of Ghastly Restoration CD. Defiler hasn't been fun for the later half of 3.0.

It's healing capability just needs to go. Clerics being the "go to" healer is not a thing anymore because they want all classes to be more equal. We already have 2 ST healing souls and one of them is another abomination due to shielding. Defiler needs to just be a pure DPS spec instead.

I say this as having played Defiler for years as a healer in PVP. I'll miss it sorely but it just needs to be completely stripped from it's current state and made into something entirely different.

Soulwalker

Defiler should be 2nd tank soul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast