+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Flashmemory
  • 1 Post By Sekirach

Thread: Keep GCD 1.5 second for some

Soulwalker

Default Keep GCD 1.5 second for some

One of the things I see from time to time is to keep reducing the GCD to make the game more exciting, fun, challenging, etc.

As a counter to this I suggest we keep one or two "slow poke" cleric souls. Why? Arthritis. Fewer clicks/keystrokes means more comfortable play for us geezers. As an older player that 1/2 second really helps. I also prefer a slower play-style 'cause my brain and responsiveness isn't up to the frenetic 1-sec GCD.

Purifier is an older-player favorite due to that channel.

I don't mind the 1 sec souls (Inquisitor and Shaman) for those that want fast-pokes.

I hope the devs keep GCD at 1.5 for some souls.

Shield of Telara

They already said they won't do it.

1.5 sec always comes with a disadvantage. The reactionary difference. Not to mention in order to compensate for a lack of 50% reactionary time they usually make you have multiple mechanics involving dots stacks and/or Ogcd abilities(*meaning you have to press faster) in order to reach optimal or competitive dps. There is also the difference between using certain reactives that last 10 secs. For instance if a weapon says for the next 10 secs. you next abilities do x more damage. Clearly the soul which can fit the more abilities in will benefit the most from that proc.. so balancing can become tedious.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Waggles View Post
    One of the things I see from time to time is to keep reducing the GCD to make the game more exciting, fun, challenging, etc.

As a counter to this I suggest we keep one or two "slow poke" cleric souls. Why? Arthritis. Fewer clicks/keystrokes means more comfortable play for us geezers. As an older player that 1/2 second really helps. I also prefer a slower play-style 'cause my brain and responsiveness isn't up to the frenetic 1-sec GCD.

Purifier is an older-player favorite due to that channel.

I don't mind the 1 sec souls (Inquisitor and Shaman) for those that want fast-pokes.

I hope the devs keep GCD at 1.5 for some souls.
    Umm, you do realize that you don't have to press the keys all the time? And also you can just keep the button pressed and it will auto cast on MOST abilities/macros.

Apart from that, only Shaman should have a 1 sec GCD (as it is a melee soul), ranged souls shouldn't have 1 sec GCDs to begin with.
    Last edited by Fia; 07-04-2016 at 10:43 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Umm, you do realize that you don't have to press the keys all the time? And also you can just keep the button pressed and it will auto cast on MOST abilities/macros.
    ummmm. no. you have to press the keys all the time. and the harder you press the higher is the parse. and critical strikes too. how do we get the critical strikes if we dont mash the keybord? a-ha!

+ Reply to Thread