+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Justicar Devout Deflection (Guard and Dodge base pool talent) - broken?

Plane Touched

Default Justicar Devout Deflection (Guard and Dodge base pool talent) - broken?

hi all, wanted to make a question. this morning, making some experiments with the justicar tree, i noticed that with the classic 61 justicar tank build, and mien of leadership active, i have 2304 guard. then i tried a build with no points in the Devout Deflection talent, that says:

Your Guard is now derived from 5/10% of your wisdom. Your Dodge is now derived from 50/100% of your intelligence

but i noticed that my guard is always 2304, with or without the points spent in Devout Deflection. i guess that the talents talks about the base pool of the stat. So, is this intended or the talent is broken and does not adjust the base pool of the Guard stat while spending points in it?

Plane Touched

hi all. did anyone notice what i said or am i wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    Your Guard is now derived from 5/10% of your wisdom. Your Dodge is now derived from 50/100% of your intelligence
    Only the dodge part is working for the talent, but not tested where you get now the 10% guard from your wisdom(it`s working) guess it`s one of the many outdated tooltips or it`s just to let you know it`s in there somewhere(lazy coding).
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

I investigated and found the cause of this today (6/8/16). Assuming it goes through QA without causing other problems, the fix should be live with next week's update.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Orren View Post
    I investigated and found the cause of this today (6/8/16). Assuming it goes through QA without causing other problems, the fix should be live with next week's update.
    Does this mean we get 10% of our wisdom added to guard?

I think I'm falling in love Orren.

You are so awesome. I only PM'd you about this last night.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Pretoi View Post
    Does this mean we get 10% of our wisdom added to guard?
    Short answer = Yes

Slightly more complicated than that. There is base functionality built into Mien of Leadership that gives Justicars 10% of their Wisdom as guard when Mien of Leadership is turned on. The problem was that this effect and the Devout Deflection effect could not stack.

So you are currently getting 10% of wisdom as guard. After this fix, assuming you have both points of Devout Deflection and Mien of Leadership is turned on, you will get 20% of your wisdom as guard.

Telaran

So you are currently getting 10% of wisdom as guard. After this fix, assuming you have both points of Devout Deflection and Mien of Leadership is turned on, you will get 20% of your wisdom as guard.
    So cleric tank will get an exclusive main stat scaling? All other tanks in the game only derive 10% of their main stat as guard.

Increasing the value to 20% for all tanks would be a nice buff in two ways:

-You counter a bit of the bad tank itemization from CoA.
    -The reliance of guard items will be a little bit less.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Night Dream View Post
    So cleric tank will get an exclusive main stat scaling? All other tanks in the game only derive 10% of their main stat as guard.
    I would word it differently. Clerics have had a talent for a while (Devout Deflection) that was not functioning. That bug has been fixed. Other tanks continue to have fully functioning talents as well. The balancing relative to other tanks included this talent as if it were functioning correctly.

Now, if PTS testing proves clerics to be overpowered tanks because of this we will adjust the talent accordingly.
    Last edited by Dev_Orren; 06-08-2016 at 03:22 PM.

It probably would seem a bit OP if you don't count the shielding of the other classes.

I would word it differently. Clerics have had a talent for a while (Devout Deflection) that was not functioning. That bug has been fixed. Other tanks continue to have fully functioning talents as well. The balancing relative to other tanks included this talent as if it were functioning correctly.

Now, if PTS testing proves clerics to be overpowered tanks because of this we will adjust the talent accordingly.
    If i remember correctly Mage tank has a talent that does this as well. Is that one broken too then?

As well Since talking tank and guard stuff. the Protector's crystal is still bugged from day 1. THe 2 set bonus of increasing guard range does not work at all. And if it does start working it probably will not stack with the LvL 63 amstery that increases the radius of guard as well. (For warr's it Runner's training)

I have tested the tank crystal a few times with guildies and to my knowledge is still broken.
    Ookamikawaii@Greybriar Raid lead for <Equinox>
    Kamikoneko@Greybriar<Equinox> Kamitanuki@Greybriar<Equinox>
    <Equinox> 4/4 HM iGP, 7/11 HK & 6/9 MoM, 5/6 CoA[NM]
    Kamitaiga@Laethys <Ai> Kamikitsune@Deepwood <Valkyrian Descent>
    Personally 9/11 HK, 4/4 HM iGP, 6/9 MoM, 5/6 CoA[NM]

I recopied to PTS yesterday and went from 4225 guard to 4767. Finally, I hit the T1 guard hard cap! (I also went from 7.7% T3 guard to ~10.4%)

This is a very, very bad idea.

Tank scaling is already pretty horked, particularly when it comes to Guard-- significantly buffing Justicar scaling is going to create a lot more problems.

Justicar *does* need mitigation buffs, but those should be implemented via flat% mitigation rather than by mucking around with Guard scaling, because Guard is already a tangled web of awful scaling issues. In particular, this will create very large discrepancies when moving between tiers, because of how different each tier's Guard formula is.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Tank scaling is already pretty horked, particularly when it comes to Guard-- significantly buffing Justicar scaling is going to create a lot more problems.
    Read his post more carefully pls. It's a fix, not some kind of extra buff, it should've been this way anyway.
    Last edited by Fia; 06-15-2016 at 02:40 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast