+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mystifal
  • 1 Post By Dev_Orren

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cabalist SHadow breach not working

Default Cabalist SHadow breach not working

When activated, shadow breach doesn't make you invisible, it only grants the mini healing buff.
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

Soulwalker

Actually, I think it has been doing this for awhile now. From what I remember, it works when it feels like it for the stealth

Plane Touched

this ability has always been broken from cabalist revamp.

in addition to this, could be VERY helpful that when activating it in PVE the aggro should reset - i remember to the devs that cleric is the ONLY calling that does not have an aggro reset ability, and i'd appreciate very much to know why directly from the devs department, since the community is asking for this from a long time

Bumpity bumpy bump
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

OK I spent a bunch of time looking at this yesterday. I have used this spell both on local servers and on Live and observed my characters correctly go into stealth.

Note: the stealth effect cancels instantly if you're moving or if you cast a different ability. It also breaks if you take damage, so if there's an attack that is already in progress (e.g. a DoT or a traveling projectile) that hit will break the damage.

Also it is stealth, not invis, so enemies have a chance to detect you, etc.

Agro wipe was also mentioned. I'm open to adding that to this ability down the road but the priority list at the moment is packed with druid, shaman, and runeshaper.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Orren View Post
    Agro wipe was also mentioned. I'm open to adding that to this ability down the road but the priority list at the moment is packed with druid, shaman, and runeshaper.
    this is really appreciated and Awesome
    personally, i think it should have a 30sec cd like tempest's false repose and necromancer's feign death, and we'd expect that some little dot damage won't break the aggro reset effect, just like happens with the other mentioned aggro reset abilities, otherwise it would be useless!

There is a tooltip error too which applies to Cabalist. AOE Description reads no matter what sign you have active.
    Rift mobile app still broken

"It isn't" ~ Daglar

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nickalispicalis View Post
    There is a tooltip error too which applies to Cabalist. AOE Description reads no matter what sign you have active.
    You only have one sign as Cabalist, but I figure you mean obliteration.
    And all 3 versions show up in tooltips at all time, hardly a error.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretoi View Post
    You only have one sign as Cabalist, but I figure you mean obliteration.
    And all 3 versions show up in tooltips at all time, hardly a error.
    I meant buffs not sign, but it is the same description no matter which would one you activate. As obliteration is tied in to almost all your damage, I think it would be useful to note that in the description when you have the buff active. That's all. It is misleading. Of course you dismiss it without taking the time to understand what I am referring too.
    Rift mobile app still broken

"It isn't" ~ Daglar

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nickalispicalis View Post
    I meant buffs not sign, but it is the same description no matter which would one you activate. As obliteration is tied in to almost all your damage, I think it would be useful to note that in the description when you have the buff active. That's all. It is misleading. Of course you dismiss it without taking the time to understand what I am referring too.
    I was merely pointing out that since all 3 versions of the ability are listed in the tooltip at all times, it can't be described as an error.

http://i.imgur.com/9UY9IDH.jpg

Now adding a way to show which version is currently active in the tooltip would be useful.
    But you should be able to follow which buff you activate on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Orren View Post
    OK I spent a bunch of time looking at this yesterday. I have used this spell both on local servers and on Live and observed my characters correctly go into stealth.

Note: the stealth effect cancels instantly if you're moving or if you cast a different ability. It also breaks if you take damage, so if there's an attack that is already in progress (e.g. a DoT or a traveling projectile) that hit will break the damage.

Also it is stealth, not invis, so enemies have a chance to detect you, etc.

My experience when using is:

I enter stealth, start regen HP, melee mobs come to my spot and hit me. Always.

It has no aggro drop mechanic, and the stealth part is just bluff, because it does nothing. Maybe it can be used to avoid a Patrol, but I don't even think the duration is enough.

+ Reply to Thread