+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Tetmes
  • 1 Post By ChamberDown
  • 1 Post By DarkDaemon

Thread: Deep Cheese

Rift Disciple

Default Deep Cheese

Its been a while since we last asked but could this ability be finally reworked into something like "stun the target for 3 seconds and your next 3 single target, non-dot abilities do x% more damage". Adjusting it up a bit to make it up for the loss of the 50% boost on dot ticks and procs and whatnot? Make the selfbuff part short duration (5 seconds or so) and it still can be countered the same ways in pvp.

We would end up doing the same rotation, with the same dps, but serverlag (especially on reset day when you make most parses) wouldnt mess everything up more than it should. Since t3 the extra offglobal from t3 weapon made the issue even worse, you cant do anything but pray to the rng gods that the second MB registers during DF too.

The lag + deepfreeze combo is more annoying for me than most bugs that exist(ed) in MoM. Your optimal cd block can be messed up badly by lag anyway, we really dont need the clunky mechanic deep freeze is currently.

I think it would be really cool if they made it do 50% increased damage with a stacking mechanic sort of like Rage of the North. Say, it adds 10 stacks to you that will increase damage of the next 10 abilities by 50%. This would functionally allow you to get 7 more attacks in with the increased damage, and also stop lag from screwing up your burst block.

They could adjust flat passive damage down on various abilities/skills to compensate, and this could give Shaman the little nudge it needs to be able to utilize raid cooldowns more effectively.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetmes View Post
    Its been a while since we last asked but could this ability be finally reworked into something like "stun the target for 3 seconds and your next 3 single target, non-dot abilities do x% more damage". Adjusting it up a bit to make it up for the loss of the 50% boost on dot ticks and procs and whatnot? Make the selfbuff part short duration (5 seconds or so) and it still can be countered the same ways in pvp.

We would end up doing the same rotation, with the same dps, but serverlag (especially on reset day when you make most parses) wouldnt mess everything up more than it should. Since t3 the extra offglobal from t3 weapon made the issue even worse, you cant do anything but pray to the rng gods that the second MB registers during DF too.

The lag + deepfreeze combo is more annoying for me than most bugs that exist(ed) in MoM. Your optimal cd block can be messed up badly by lag anyway, we really dont need the clunky mechanic deep freeze is currently.
    Same with Alacrity.

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberDown View Post
    I think it would be really cool if they made it do 50% increased damage with a stacking mechanic sort of like Rage of the North. Say, it adds 10 stacks to you that will increase damage of the next 10 abilities by 50%. This would functionally allow you to get 7 more attacks in with the increased damage, and also stop lag from screwing up your burst block.

They could adjust flat passive damage down on various abilities/skills to compensate, and this could give Shaman the little nudge it needs to be able to utilize raid cooldowns more effectively.
    i wouldn't really like this change as one of shaman's strengths is it's raw output without any cooldowns at all. increasing deep freeze to 10 abilities while reducing overall damage to compensate would mean substantially lower dps those other 50 seconds.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    i wouldn't really like this change as one of shaman's strengths is it's raw output without any cooldowns at all. increasing deep freeze to 10 abilities while reducing overall damage to compensate would mean substantially lower dps those other 50 seconds.
    Agreed, reducing overall damage is not a good solution. But I am all for making Deep Freeze a stack rather than being time dependent, the server lag is real after all. V: Having stacks would also give us more flexibility to do dps for bossfights, depending on the situation.
    Last edited by Fia; 05-15-2016 at 06:09 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    I can see your point. Perhaps some testing with Shaman damage as is with a change such as this would reveal it doesn't need global damage reduction. Alternatively they could reduce the damage bonus to 40 or 30% but I'm not necessarily a fan of that either.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

+ Reply to Thread