+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Thamiya

Thread: Open Water BUG

Soulwalker

Default Open Water BUG

So I decided to play with the new changes to open water in some NTE tonight with my warden/puri hybrid spec that I love to use for NTE and discovered that its glitched.

I only used it after fights to regain mana quickly, even made a cancelbuff macro for it to remove it before the next encounter to be sure that it was never active during a fight. Yet my heals kept randomly being reduced drastically during the fights when I hadn't used my open water in at least 1-3mins. My divine favor and ST instant cast spot heals which normally heal for 12-15k and 20-25k were only healing for 2-5k each and my Latent Blaze which usually heals for over 100k easily was only healing for about 20k. The glitch seems completely random and intermittent , I got tired of it and switched to full 61 puri hoping that not having any points into warden or access to open water spell at all would solve the problem but it didn't. Kept getting random reduced healing for short times, had to use flame of life at some point when tank went below 50% hp and it barely negated the dmg the tank was taking which wasn't much , maybe 8k dps.

I assure you I do know what I am doing when it comes to cleric healing so please spare me all the questions trying to figure out what I did wrong, like " were you wearing your healing gear ? " lol. Go thoroughly test it for yourselves and if you have the same experience please help me get the dev team working on a fix asap !

Soulwalker

It's a high possibility that this wasn't a bug in regards to Open Water, but rather your group having played on a PvP-Shard in this Dungeon.

When you enter a dungeon or raid instance you automatically get allocated to a random shard. If this shard is open-PvP there is a known bug where your heals get tuned down to PvP-numbers.
    Last edited by Thamiya; 05-06-2016 at 03:04 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Thamiya View Post
    It's a high possibility that this wasn't a bug in regards to Open Water, but rather your group having played on a PvP-Shard in this Dungeon.

When you enter a dungeon or raid instance you automatically get allocated to a random shard. If this shard is open-PvP there is a known bug where your heals get tuned down to PvP-numbers.
    Thx for the reply but I know about and have seen the PvP heal glitch and this was not that. The reduction in healing was not constant nor on specific individuals.

Soulwalker

Actually exactly this is the description of the bug, because players get randomly flagged for PvP for a short time now and then here.
    This results in inconstant healing numbers on different people and this describes exactly what you were experiencing.

Actually exactly this is the description of the bug, because players get randomly flagged for PvP for a short time now and then here.
    This results in inconstant healing numbers on different people and this describes exactly what you were experiencing.
    Yep, this is exactly how it happens. Your best bet when you see this happen is to to relog (wait the duration for the timer) and hopefully that can fix it.

It is very, very annoying.

Soulwalker

hmm... I have not seen a pvp healing glitch in pve like that before, I've only had it where the pvp healing reduction was constant. Seemed too coincidental that my first time trying the newly changed open water ability I ran into a pvp healing glitch id never seen before rather than an open water healing glitch. Well thanks for the feed back I will continue testing open water to see if I can reproduce the glitch.

+ Reply to Thread