+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: QoL for QoL

Default QoL for QoL

I love the QoL for mana (sent/warden). But there is just one problem.

10 seconds is too damn long for a 50% nerf to heals on a reactive healing spec!!!

Yes I realize there is this thing called cancelbuff, the problem is that it requires a second button. Even with cancelbuff at the top of an ability macro, the buff cannot cancel before the heal goes off ====> 50% reduced heal.

The only solution is to cancelbuff in a separate button-press.

Could we re-think this please? Like making the buff shorter.

Since you can already re-buff it every 1 second, making it last 10 seconds is over-kill, cause it is already in a state that allows it to be infinitely applied.

My suggestion: ~3 second buff duration. This would allow for the casting of a spell with the buff active, but also mean that the 'necessity' of a cancelbuff macro would greatly diminish.

And as before, even with 3 second buff duration, the buff can remain infinitely applied. So with that in mind, could we see a reduction in buff duration? It won't greatly 'hinder' the current functioning, but it would help with the key binds (might I add, on specs that already use almost all their abilities uniquely(need separate key binds))

EDIT: The reasoning behind 3 seconds is that it could be cast when needed, a heal cast to 'bump' mana in the duration, and the buff could fall off prior to the next ability. This means players could account for the next heal (or two) being reduced w/o having to worry about the next 6 being reduced unless they take action again.

EDIT2: Or just make it a toggle, since it'll remain infinitely usable as it currently is, but allow for that nasty second button to go away.
    Last edited by Zehne; 05-05-2016 at 06:40 PM.

I feel where it's at is fine because the duration is the same as the original full channel was--Except now you can actually DO healing instead of NO healing. I don't want to see it reduced to have to micromanage it in a really irritating way because of a short duration.
    Last edited by Riane; 05-05-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I don't want to see it reduced to have to micromanage it in a really irritating way
    Before the previous ability would restore 50% of mana pool over a 10 second duration, normally you would NEVER see the channel finish it's duration in a fight. Most the time I manage 1-3 ticks. Which means I would regen on average 10% of my mana in 1.5-3seconds of ability time (2.25 second on avg)

Now, if you were to keep the buff active for 3 seconds, and cast during it 2 times you'd get ~~39% mana regen. Or 39% mana regen in 3 seconds, minus the abilities casted, BUT you'd be casting abilities non-the-less in that time duration.

You're going to have a hard time convincing me that using the ability w/ a 3 second time span is MORE micromanagement than the previous ability.

The ONLY situation where I can see a person 'needing' to chain cast the ability on a 3 second time span is in PvP.

And even then, it would still be MANY more times effective at mana regen than the previous functioning.

tl;dr
    3 second time span has 0.5 downsides to it compared to old abilities, but has 4 upsides(non-interruptible, mobile, some healing retention during active time, higher mana regen).

3 second time span has less micro-management during the majority of game play than 10 second time span due to the significantly enchanced mana regen capability.

PS: if you used the mana-regen during the whole 10 seconds, that's 50% mana regen from the duration, and ~~6*15% mana regen from using abilties (140% mana regen, which we do not need). At it's current functioning, you normally would ALWAYS have to manually cancel it to 'maximize'. Reducing the duration would reduce the micro.

I'm gonna still keep it really simple: It's nice how it is. If it doesn't suit you, cancelbuff.

I'm gonna still keep it really simple: It's nice how it is. If it doesn't suit you, cancelbuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    the problem is that it requires a second button.
    I mean, I think I already stated my argument there.

Edit:
    My argument is that it ISN"T NICE how it is. How it is currently, you will almost ALWAYS have to cancel buff. It isn't balanced reasonably. As a healer you have to heal, you don't need 40% more mana than your capacity, you don't need a 10second 50% healing debuff. 10seconds is too long, and that's all there is to it.

Simply put, reduce the duration to something reasonable, it's easier to press an ogcd button an additional time than to make and use a macro on a separate keybind.
    Last edited by Zehne; 05-05-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Soulwalker

if its a standard buff... couldnt you just do this...

Code:
    #show Open Water -OR- Reverent Supplication
    Cancelbuff Open Water -OR- Reverent Supplication
    Cast Open Water -OR- Reverent Supplication
    Or what ever its called? 1 button, minor spam in main chat window. Just say'n

Quote Originally Posted by SSSTONERRR View Post
    if its a standard buff... couldnt you just do this...

Code:
    #show Open Water -OR- Reverent Supplication
    Cancelbuff Open Water -OR- Reverent Supplication
    Cast Open Water -OR- Reverent Supplication
    Or what ever its called? 1 button, minor spam in main chat window. Just say'n
    No you can't do that, because it'll re-buff the ability on the 2nd press, meaning you just refreshed it for another 10 seconds instead of canceling it.

Soulwalker

um... if the buff does not exist it'll apply the buff, if u press it again it'll remove the buff.

Just tried it with:

Code:
    cancelbuff rift strike
    cast rift Strike
    in my warrior

Edit: dont make me log into my cleric to try myself.

Edit2: i see waht u are talking about... looks like either a bug, or poorly designed with the Cancelbuff trick :\ I stand corrected

Edit3:
    Code:
     #show Reverent Supplication
    cancelbuff Reverent Supplication
    cast Reverent Supplication
    works, but u need to reapply it, then toggle it off on the same oGCD, (activate -> wait till u want it off -> dbl tap (reapplying it and removing it on the same oGCD))
    Last edited by SSSTONERRR; 05-05-2016 at 09:07 PM.

/facepalm

Rift strike has a 15 second c/d, meaning that you CANNOT re-cast it when you press the button the second time.

Open water has a 1second c/d, meaning that you CAN re-cast it.

Open water only restores mana after AT LEAST 1 second or you hit an instant heal instantly after using it, meaning you'd never really WANT to cancel the buff before 1 second. =====> Open water is off c/d everytime you'd press the button.
    Last edited by Zehne; 05-05-2016 at 09:02 PM.

Soulwalker

regardless of the CD timer it still works, but not as fluid as you might like- look @ my edits above.

The functionality works for me .
    Last edited by Riane; 05-05-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SSSTONERRR View Post
    regardless of the CD timer it still works
    subject to the ability queue though, w/ ability queue on it gets rather unpredictable, because it can cause it to fire off the ability again when you want to cancel the buff.

Why all the nay sayers?

At 10 seconds you will almost ALWAYS want to use a cancelbuff.

At 3 seconds you might sometimes want to use it a second time, but most the time won't need to cancel it.

The later being better most the time, so why not change it?

The functionality works for me .
    I can write a paper with a needle and some ink

Doesn't mean a pen is a bad idea.
    Last edited by Zehne; 05-05-2016 at 09:17 PM.

Soulwalker

respond with, "why not make it a Toggle for 10 seconds?" (auto untoggle @ 10second), but Devs wanted/made it this way (reasoning unknown)

but meh- I've wasted enough time here. Have a Good Day.

Before I barely ever had to regen mana during most PVE encounters, which means that I only had to press 1 button during 'down time' to get to a 'comfortable' mana level (ensure that I have enough to spam mana intensive heals should the need arise).

Now, if I have 'down time' I have to press 2 buttons to achieve the same thing.

I'm suggesting that the ability is changed so that it's actually 'usually' better for QoL. Needing a second button to resume healing in a healing spec isn't my definition of 'making life easier' (aka better QoL).

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    Before I barely ever had to regen mana during most PVE encounters, which means that I only had to press 1 button during 'down time' to get to a 'comfortable' mana level (ensure that I have enough to spam mana intensive heals should the need arise).

Now, if I have 'down time' I have to press 2 buttons to achieve the same thing.

I'm suggesting that the ability is changed so that it's actually 'usually' better for QoL. Needing a second button to resume healing in a healing spec isn't my definition of 'making life easier' (aka better QoL).
    People use Sentinel in PVE encounters? Defiler and Purifier's mana regens weren't touched And Warden's mana was never much of an issue (even easier now w/ Boundless' change.)
    Last edited by Riane; 05-05-2016 at 10:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast