+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric / shaman question

Telaran

Default Cleric / shaman question

So, i'm dragging my wife to rift from wow, and the past 3 years of playing wow she always plays the shaman. i am trying to find something similar to the shaman but am not having a huuuge success. She didnt do much healing she is a dps'er. i am just curiouse if anyone who played a shaman in wow found a nice alternative here in rift.

For me the warlock from wow to warlock here was not hard to figure out, actually it was pretty easy.

Thanks guys, look forward to reading your input .

Quote Originally Posted by onyxius View Post
    So, i'm dragging my wife to rift from wow, and the past 3 years of playing wow she always plays the shaman. i am trying to find something similar to the shaman but am not having a huuuge success. She didnt do much healing she is a dps'er.
    Are you looking for caster dps or melee dps? WoW had both as shaman.

This is the build I'm going to be rolled up as mostly melee cleric dps.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...EoEzoGs0k.yx0R

Shadowlander

Shaman in Rift are quite different. Most like an Enhance Shaman with a 2h Hammer without all the rediculous procs and totems. The 2 1h enhance shaman would be something in the warrior or rogue tree. Closest caster would be Stormcaller or some form of an element based mage. Going by pure support that the shaman in wow had, i'd have to go with Bard. Decent 2 1h damage, heals, and tons of group buffs.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ursador View Post
    Are you looking for caster dps or melee dps? WoW had both as shaman.

This is the build I'm going to be rolled up as mostly melee cleric dps.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...EoEzoGs0k.yx0R
    oh great call sorry about that, she was caster.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire422 View Post
    Shaman in Rift are quite different. Most like an Enhance Shaman with a 2h Hammer without all the rediculous procs and totems. The 2 1h enhance shaman would be something in the warrior or rogue tree. Closest caster would be Stormcaller or some form of an element based mage. Going by pure support that the shaman in wow had, i'd have to go with Bard. Decent 2 1h damage, heals, and tons of group buffs.
    hmm ok, so you think if she like the casting part of her shaman, she could probably just make some type of mage?

Like some of the above posters have mentioned there isn't really anything similar to WoW's Shaman in the form of totems or play style. As far as a caster Cleric goes you won't find many "big crit" type builds similar to the way Elemental Shaman handle. The cleric caster dps souls focus more on debuffs and DoT's and less on turreting spells with a cast time.

You might have some luck in the Mage souls (elementalist/stormcaller) but nothing too close to what your wife is looking for.
    Check out my YouTube channel for a few Cleric PvP videos with commentary!

Telaran

yea that's probably what shes gonna have to do, i pre-ordered the game the other day so she can get in on this beta so she can play around and see what she likes. Hopefully if she finds something she likes they won't change too much come release

Thank you guys very much for your input.

Probably a Stormcaller / Chloromancer / Dominator is the closest. You don't have the armor, but I never found Elemental overly defensive on my WoW Shaman. Most of the damage will be Electrical and Water, some healing from Chloro and a squirrel instead of a frog. Note that my total time on a Mage is about 30 minutes so I have no idea if this is viable, I'd take that to the Mage forum.

The other 'flavors' of Shaman are fairly easy. Resto and the old 2H Enhance are fairly direct. Dual wield Enhance is really a Riftblade / Paragon (Warrior souls).

She may also want to look at the Inquisitor. It didn't play like Elemental to me but that may not be true for everyone.
    Last edited by RimeCat; 02-02-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Ascendant

Might have her read this, nicely done thread with an informative approach. Might give her some ideas.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Souls-and-You

+ Reply to Thread