+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee healer-support idea Sentinel/Shaman/Justicar ?!

Default Melee healer-support idea Sentinel/Shaman/Justicar ?!

I always liked the idea of melee healers and I came up with this trio.... I havent played the game at all yet, so I would like your input on this combo : Sentinel/Shaman/Justicar

Im still reading threw the trees, no idea how many points where yet, any advice welcome

Shadowlander

Well depending how you spend points, you are either going to have low healing potential or low damage potential. For soloing, I'm sure it would be fine. But in groups you would more than likely be a dps and throwing support heals, which would also lessen your dps. And with Sentinel as a main tree you would also have some casting spells. Depending what you put into Shaman and Justicar, you could have some good survivability. Early in the game you won't see very much power in the build, but later on it does seem to be quite nice for soloing/PvP/survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire422 View Post
    Well depending how you spend points, you are either going to have low healing potential or low damage potential. For soloing, I'm sure it would be fine. But in groups you would more than likely be a dps and throwing support heals, which would also lessen your dps. And with Sentinel as a main tree you would also have some casting spells. Depending what you put into Shaman and Justicar, you could have some good survivability. Early in the game you won't see very much power in the build, but later on it does seem to be quite nice for soloing/PvP/survivability.
    Thanks for the reply

Yeah i know I wont do to much dps and not top the heals, but it will still be good AOE heal support to all the melee I think, sentinal will be mainly for group heals, Justicar to keep myself alive with some dps and not sure about the 3rd choice yet for more dps...

Does it make sence or is there a better combo for what im trying to do ? http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....Ehco0h.EV000M
    Last edited by ravagu3r; 02-02-2011 at 05:24 PM.

I found some success with a Shaman/Druid/Warden build. It felt very "hybrid". I went deep enough into the druid tree for an instant cast heal and I had the basic HoT from the Warden. Combine with the minor HoT from the fairy I was able to do a little bit of HoT spreading and quick saves on others while wading into the melee battle.

As far as defenses go I also had 2 dmg shield from being a Druid/Shaman and a powerful reactive self heal whenever I was crit (from the Shaman). The Druid and Shaman also synergized nicely to make a powerful melee character while the Warden's "Water Jet" (an instant cast nuke) made me almost impossible to kite effectively.

(this is all from a PvP perspective ~ lvl 21 in random War Fronts)
    Check out my YouTube channel for a few Cleric PvP videos with commentary!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalharis View Post
    I found some success with a Shaman/Druid/Warden build. It felt very "hybrid". I went deep enough into the druid tree for an instant cast heal and I had the basic HoT from the Warden. Combine with the minor HoT from the fairy I was able to do a little bit of HoT spreading and quick saves on others while wading into the melee battle.

As far as defenses go I also had 2 dmg shield from being a Druid/Shaman and a powerful reactive self heal whenever I was crit (from the Shaman). The Druid and Shaman also synergized nicely to make a powerful melee character while the Warden's "Water Jet" (an instant cast nuke) made me almost impossible to kite effectively.

(this is all from a PvP perspective ~ lvl 21 in random War Fronts)
    Wont HoT spreading lower your dps by a lot while you pick each ally to apply spell ?

Is there a lot of AOE damage during fights most of the times ?

Quote Originally Posted by ravagu3r View Post
    Wont HoT spreading lower your dps by a lot while you pick each ally to apply spell ?

Is there a lot of AOE damage during fights most of the times ?
    It can... However, I try to fill all of my GCD's in War Fronts. If I'm running towards a melee pack I'll pre hot a few people around me. If no one needs healing and I'm far from enemies I'll spam Water Jet while closing the gap. And while using GCD's to heal lowers my dmg output if I can save an ally from death with an instant cast heal they will do a lot more dmg alive then at the graveyard. The one GCD I spend might keep them alive for 2 or 3 more = more damage for my team.
    Check out my YouTube channel for a few Cleric PvP videos with commentary!

Thanks for the reply

Yeah i know I wont do to much dps and not top the heals, but it will still be good AOE heal support to all the melee I think, sentinal will be mainly for group heals, Justicar to keep myself alive with some dps and not sure about the 3rd choice yet for more dps...

Does it make sence or is there a better combo for what im trying to do ? http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....Ehco0h.EV000M
    Using the same souls, I would do something more like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....xuc.Eq0zsMsIo. You want Doctrine of Bliss in Justicar just in case you need to keep yourself up. Majority of points into Shaman so you can still get some decent damage and still have enough points for Sentinel for good support heals. The good thing is about with only 20 points in Sentinel you get a nice variety of heals. You still won't be as good as a fully spec'd Sentinel, but you'll be great for off-healing. I added the elemental resist buffs and Shared Purpose from Shaman since the more buffs you can provide your group the better. With this build you still have your AoE heals via Healing Communion from Sentinel and Doctrine of Loyalty from Justicar. Plus better melee damage from specing mostly into Shaman. Too bad once beta 6 hit this build will be obsolete, but it's still fun to play with it

Rift Disciple

I liked my justicator/sentinel/purifier melee/ranged cleric Ridiculous survivability, plenty of heals, ranged nukes, instant nukes, melee dps
    Only thing is not much as far as mana regen goes, but haven't been a problem so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajster View Post
    Using the same souls, I would do something more like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....xuc.Eq0zsMsIo. You want Doctrine of Bliss in Justicar just in case you need to keep yourself up. Majority of points into Shaman so you can still get some decent damage and still have enough points for Sentinel for good support heals. The good thing is about with only 20 points in Sentinel you get a nice variety of heals. You still won't be as good as a fully spec'd Sentinel, but you'll be great for off-healing. I added the elemental resist buffs and Shared Purpose from Shaman since the more buffs you can provide your group the better. With this build you still have your AoE heals via Healing Communion from Sentinel and Doctrine of Loyalty from Justicar. Plus better melee damage from specing mostly into Shaman. Too bad once beta 6 hit this build will be obsolete, but it's still fun to play with it
    How come it will obsolete ? I had a big smile on my face reading your post until i got to the end...

Shadowlander

Patch notes, class changes, numbers getting messed with. It will happen a few times before release. There is no real point to make a build now that you plan to use on release. It will end up being quite different.

How come it will obsolete ? I had a big smile on my face reading your post until i got to the end...
    Pretty much what Dragonfire422 above me said. Each beta brings new changes to classes that could ultimately change how you play that class (i.e. Cabalist changes). But don't fret . Even though some things will change, the build I posted still should give you an idea on what's needed.

Telaran

Yea, with the ease of changing souls and/or points, I only plan my builds up to 30 or 40 total points. I reason that by the time I have more points than that my perspective of what I need/don't need will different. That prevents me from debating about high tree skills that will prolly be different anyway. I like healing but to level one needs some dps too. I run 2 heal souls and 1 dps (warden/sent/inq). As justicar is "tank" soul it seems to be somewhat a bad choice to level early (in theory anyway).

+ Reply to Thread