+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Comalies
  • 1 Post By timidrage

Thread: state of runeshaper

Rift Disciple

Default state of runeshaper

Hi dev here are some observations of runeshaper I'd be appreciate if you could make some comments on:

1. current highest parse runeshaper build looks something like this:http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l...8Gaa8/nA8|X-Xg -- so zero utilities from runeshaper tree; cleave dmg is very poor; 61 point skill is excluded from the build because it produces inferior dmg; build utilizes bugged soul tree. Are any or all these intended?

2. Compared to shadeborn, runeshaper has the disadvantage of movement which makes it usable in very few fights, and lower dps(as far as I know shadeborn and maelstrom are the highest parsed specs atm), yet no advantage. both being in the same paid soul pack one would expect them to perform similarly and be usable in equal amount of situations?

3. The only pvp utility one can get as offsoul from runshaper, the Rune of return doesn't work in war fronts. I've tried it many times: pressing the button doesn't change the icon to that of the return function. It's like setting a return point is never registered. The only way to get it working once for me was by getting into runeshaper and set a return point before entering a warfront, then spamming the key until its icon is changed. Can you look into it?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Theriene View Post
    ...build utilizes bugged soul tree. Are any or all these intended?
    Intended bugs. Now that's a conspiracy theory I can get behind.

2. Compared to shadeborn, runeshaper has the disadvantage of movement which makes it usable in very few fights, and lower dps(as far as I know shadeborn and maelstrom are the highest parsed specs atm), yet no advantage. both being in the same paid soul pack one would expect them to perform similarly and be usable in equal amount of situations?
    Not at all.

3. The only pvp utility one can get as offsoul from runshaper, the Rune of return doesn't work in war fronts. I've tried it many times: pressing the button doesn't change the icon to that of the return function. It's like setting a return point is never registered. The only way to get it working once for me was by getting into runeshaper and set a return point before entering a warfront, then spamming the key until its icon is changed. Can you look into it?
    Works fine for me. Then again, I don't spend much time in WFs. Also, I tested it only with 61 RS.

Telaran

He s right !
    He has paid, why he musnt be op on Warfront like others who had paid ( Maelstrom, FK, shadow)

Shadowlander

If my main was any other calling I would have bought the soul pack since the souls for Mage, Rogue, Warrior and Primalist are actually quite reasonable.
    But of course I play cleric, so i pretend the soul pack doesn't even exist.
    Quite a shame, I was really looking forward to something worthwhile.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by timidrage View Post
    If my main was any other calling I would have bought the soul pack since the souls for Mage, Rogue, Warrior and Primalist are actually quite reasonable.
    + same here. and i lost hopes for improvements in a short time.

btw, i feel that the problem is much, much more complicated, and have to deal with the fact that the entire soul system, that was the highlight of the game until level 60, seems to have gone out of control, like the universe entropy is always increasing, and the devs seem to have been force to face this and stem the problem in cheap and fast ways, leaving forcefully some questions suspended. add this to the minor income due to the change to free to play system, and consequential team size reduction, all this brought to a reduction of the player base, in a vicious circle that i admit seems to be very hard to reverse.

Rift Master

Runeshaper is performing well in the niche for which it was created - ranged dps for primarily PvE content.

It was explained to me as thus: Inquisitor cannot be buffed to competitive PvE standards as this imbalances the soul for PvP content. And for those who have played the game since launch we have lived this cycle of buff Inquisitor to PvE dps standards only to be followed by draconian nerfs as clerics wrecked all from range in PvP. With this in mind, clerics needed another ST ranged dps option - one that can be competitive in PvE activities but would not imbalance PvP.

Enter Runeshaper. Excellent ST ranged damage as long as no movement is required. In this niche it performs exceptionally well. Our guild's parses on Fauxmire & Pure Evil this week had Runeshapers in top 2 spots. If you want a PvE ranged spec Runeshaper significantly outperforms Inquisitor, but I surely wouldn't want be that stationary in PvP. Lucky clerics - now have 2 PvP centric souls. nb4magesrougueswarrios&primalistsstartwhiningabout theiruselesssouls

For me the issue surrounds the 61 point ability Rune of Impending Doom. At the moment, there is no reason to invest in this ability I don't want another Furious Assault or Radical Coalescence compelling only 61 point builds. Options to hybridize would be nice. Isn't there someway to facilitate hybridization without completely negating a 61 point build?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Uviktig View Post
    Runeshaper is performing well in the niche for which it was created - ranged dps for primarily PvE content.

It was explained to me as thus: Inquisitor cannot be buffed to competitive PvE standards as this imbalances the soul for PvP content. And for those who have played the game since launch we have lived this cycle of buff Inquisitor to PvE dps standards only to be followed by draconian nerfs as clerics wrecked all from range in PvP. With this in mind, clerics needed another ST ranged dps option - one that can be competitive in PvE activities but would not imbalance PvP.

Enter Runeshaper. Excellent ST ranged damage as long as no movement is required. In this niche it performs exceptionally well. Our guild's parses on Fauxmire & Pure Evil this week had Runeshapers in top 2 spots. If you want a PvE ranged spec Runeshaper significantly outperforms Inquisitor, but I surely wouldn't want be that stationary in PvP. Lucky clerics - now have 2 PvP centric souls. nb4magesrougueswarrios&primalistsstartwhiningabout theiruselesssouls
    Yay us! got a soul we can use on 3 fights in MoM, and one of them is trash!
    That explanation does not hold up, several ways to buff inq without making it unbalanced in PvP. Also inquisitor held its own fine compared to other ranged souls (not including primas)

No point sugar coating it, we got the short stick in this soul pack, and as of yet have not seen any changes to address this.

And I know how strong Runeshaper can be on Fauxmire, I currently hold the top spot on prancing for clerics, even though I'm sure others have beaten that since. That does not change the fact that we now have 3 options on fights where Inquisitor was and still 1 option where it was not. What we need is some good damn mobility!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by timidrage View Post
    This, would love to buy a new soul pack but it seems Trion doesn't want cleric money.
    last 3 patches most of the other new souls have gotten some work done and runeshaper has gotten none, so either they seem happy about it or don't care

If they wanted a ranged spec with less mobility but more damage all they would have needed to do would be change inquisitors echoing concord to increase damage instead of reducing cast time = higher potential damage that you don't want to use a lot in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelel View Post
    This, would love to buy a new soul pack but it seems Trion doesn't want cleric money.
    last 3 patches most of the other new souls have gotten some work done and runeshaper has gotten none, so either they seem happy about it or don't care

If they wanted a ranged spec with less mobility but more damage all they would have needed to do would be change inquisitors echoing concord to increase damage instead of reducing cast time = higher potential damage that you don't want to use a lot in pvp
    They do. If you don't get RS you will never be able to compete with others on top dps. It is the top dps for the class and pulls higher dps as a sub soul with defiler. The problem is that this is not suppose to be the case unless the devs outright say it is. If they don't say it suppose to be top dps then we are correct to assume the class is broken and not intended to perform as well. It suppose to be 5% behind the top melee dps so Shaman needs to be buffed or RS needs a substantially heavy nerf.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 05-05-2016 at 06:12 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    They do. If you don't get RS you will never be able to compete with others on top dps......
    So that's more like blackmail if intended.

New things in these games are almost always a bit op out of the gate, whether that is to promote sales or just tuning problems on something new is debatable but i expect numbers to normalize in time

+ Reply to Thread