+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Sedvick
  • 1 Post By Trauumhaft
  • 1 Post By Theriene
  • 1 Post By ChinaPandaMan

Thread: Runeshaper has passed my last evaluation.

Default Runeshaper has passed my last evaluation.

So after I made my guide, I have tested Runeshaper in every PVE scenario I can find including NTEs, SoLs, RoF, etc.

Ane finally tonight it has shown that it passed my last evaluation of the spec, a T3 raid encounter.

Since there are not many fights in MoM that are good for Runeshaper (just like how there aren't many for inquisitor), the only fight I played it on was Fauxmire.

So here you are, the actual raid performance of Runeshaper.

Support comp: Oracle+Chon+BM+Chloro+Phystact. Missed about 2 or 3 lava field too cuz packman.

Meter was off by a couple seconds. The actual parse ended at 150k. I say it's pretty convincing.

I will be attempting playing Runeshaper on Dark Genesis this week too and see how it does on that fight.
    Last edited by ChinaPandaMan; 04-20-2016 at 07:17 PM. Reason: normalized the parse
    ChinaPandaMan@Laethys <Trinity> twitch.tv/chinapandaman

Shield of Telara

I had a chance to test it as well in all content except T3. This matches my experience.

It scales really well in a raid environment. My dummy parses are all over the place but with raid buffs it becomes much more consistent.

Rift Disciple

That is a really nice parse!

I was also able to try out Runeshaper in MoM yesterday.
    Fauxmire
    I was not able to get quite as good numbers as you, but the reason is quite clear as I "missed" 5 Rune of Smitings and 2 Runes of Soul Bindings. I also missed every lava field except the first one. Still 136k with these mistakes and dieing once (silly mele not stopping on purple) is quite nice.

Faux has to be the perfect fight for Runeshaper. I changed one talent to get Rune of Return, so barely had to move the whole fight.

I wish I had t3 weapon, follow up on that 812606 RoS crit!

The damage is fine, but I feel it's kinda stupid to now have 3 options for certain fights (like pagura, faux), but only one option for most fights.
    Last edited by Pretoi; 04-21-2016 at 03:58 AM.

Another in the series of confirmations that all 3 of the new dps souls are ridiculously OP? Color me surprised! That PTS testing sure went well it seems.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    Another in the series of confirmations that all 3 of the new dps souls are ridiculously OP? Color me surprised! That PTS testing sure went well it seems.
    Runeshaper doesn't even come close to the OPness of Maelstrom and Shadeborn but yeah, compared to just other cleric options for DPS it's in a good place right now. Then again, we only had two up until RS.

Expecting it to be nerfed though.

Shadowlander

Ermm aint cleric main role heal?

Plane Touched

If it's same/weaker than existing souls, hardly anyone would buy it, so obviously it has to be stronger, at least for the first few weeks.

Rift Disciple

Just because it has the highest dps potential in all cleric dps specs doesn't make it a good spec. I'll use it but deep down I will always look down on it and the devs who made it because it's largely a pyro and inq mix. The fact that instead of complimenting currents souls, all 5 new souls are op makes this soul pack nothing more than a money grab.

Truth be told, although 150k seems to be a very impressive parse, it is still far from my best performance on this spec.

I missed 2 or 3 lava field due to dodging packman. On top of that I did let my seals fall off once cuz of the same reason (or just cuz I am bad ). If I could have done better on those two parts my DPS could have gone up by 1-2k I would say.

However, even with this kind of parse, I still didn't top our meter last night. I was only 3rd place. And if you haven't guessed it yet, the top 2 of our meter was a Maelstrom followed by a Shadeborn.

So you guys are all correct about all the new souls being over tuned. However among those Runeshaper is the least tuned one. You do need in my opinion a high skill cap to play it. On top of that it has significantly more weaknesses than other new souls.
    ChinaPandaMan@Laethys <Trinity> twitch.tv/chinapandaman

Telaran

Default Timing with raid cds

How do you time abilities with lava/orchestra? Should you hold off on a Rune of Smiting if a raid CD is coming soon?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Athiona View Post
    How do you time abilities with lava/orchestra? Should you hold off on a Rune of Smiting if a raid CD is coming soon?
    This depends on how far away and how reliable your support is. If they are slacking/prevented from popping cooldowns exactly when you expect them to come, then no - don't hold on to that RoS.

I found me parsing higher when not thinking about raid cooldowns and lining everything up all too much. Maybe I was just lucky

+ Reply to Thread