+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: New and need advice on Cleric builds

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    11

    Default New and need advice on Cleric builds

    Hi everyone,

    I'm new and also new to the game when it comes out since I didn't participate in Beta.
    I already know 2 facts => 1) I'll be playing a Cleric and 2) the race will be high elves.
    The only thing I'm puzzled about is the build, since I'm used to 2 things with healers/clerics = 1) they need to have enough mana and healing skills to keep the team alive and 2) a revive spell.

    So here are my builds (pls, give advice to what you think is usefull and not, so I don't waste my time on figuring out what I need as cleric. Thanks in advance )

    1ste build = Warden/Justicar : http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...uGk.VusqVuozzz
    I think with this build that i'll be able to solo and heal in group and I have a rivive skill for in and one for out of battle. I also hope to have enough mana, even with using the racial skill of the high elves. Correct me if i'm wrong.

    2nd build = Warden/Sentinel : http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...uGk.xxbVhzsfzz
    Pure healing ?

    3th build = Warden/Inquisitor/Druid : http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...zhuGk.xVkhrzMz
    3 souls for a change, but is it anything good enough ?

    Thanks for any advice and insight you can give me

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple EmilB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aalborg
    Posts
    144

    Default

    I made a guide for Clerics, and also a levelling flow for guardians, it's in my sig, you might want to check it out and tell me if you like it .
    Cleric and zone-flow levelling guide for Guardians: kortlink.dk/cleric/8ptq
    Very sweet post about how Clerics work, you should definetly check it out (all credits to Vi3l): kortlink.dk/8q59!

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    98

    Default

    As for your first build, yes you could probably heal a group but thats mostly because of your points in warden. If your plan is to go for healing your better off with something more like your second spec. The seconds spec is pretty good for pure healing, would be best in a group situation. The two souls complement one another better if your goal in mind is to be a healer. And last , your third spec is just awful imo. You have three souls meant for three different roles. Druid is more a melee tree, warden a healer, and inquisitor is a caster. You wouldn't be as strong in any given role as if you picked souls that better worked with one another.

    Also if your looking for a good solo build justicar/shaman/warden works great, with shaman being your main tree, justicar second, and probably no points in warden.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmilB View Post
    I made a guide for Clerics, and also a levelling flow for guardians, it's in my sig, you might want to check it out and tell me if you like it .
    Thanks, I'll look into it

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lust View Post
    As for your first build, yes you could probably heal a group but thats mostly because of your points in warden. If your plan is to go for healing your better off with something more like your second spec. The seconds spec is pretty good for pure healing, would be best in a group situation. The two souls complement one another better if your goal in mind is to be a healer. And last , your third spec is just awful imo. You have three souls meant for three different roles. Druid is more a melee tree, warden a healer, and inquisitor is a caster. You wouldn't be as strong in any given role as if you picked souls that better worked with one another.

    Also if your looking for a good solo build justicar/shaman/warden works great, with shaman being your main tree, justicar second, and probably no points in warden.
    Ok thank you for this very usefull information.
    Is there a raison (dumb question) that justicar isn't good in my first build ?
    I made it with in mind the thought that I want to be able to defend myself, but also be there to be the healer.

    With my second build, would it be possible to wear medium armor (or what ever they call it in this game) ?

  6. #6
    Plane Touched Shablo5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Your first spec makes no sense. If Warden was a secondary, sure, take it up. But you went balls deep into that ****, that is the weirdest spec ever because Warden/Justicar Do NOT compliment eachother so far down the trees. With justicar you MUST be engaged in MELEE combat (Or casting LIFE, not water, LIFE spells to generate conviction) which means you'll be blowing 4 GCD's in a row JUST to get maxed convictions, that's 4 GCD's you're not using healing your raid.

    You need to rethink it.


    SPec #2 -
    You don't take the wisdom boost from Ebb and Flow yet you take Overflow? Na na na, remove overflow and healing showers (Sent has enough AOE heals)
    Remove point from Empowering light. Also, PROBABLY remove 2 points (Thats all you can) from Tidal Resonance. You have enough mana regen and you need that 38 point skill from Sentinel. I'd also remove one from rising waters, losing 10% but gaining the 38 point sentinel skill in the roots. I put the points that were taken out into the skills in this build:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...kbz.xgbVIzcfdz


    Spec #3 - Obviously PVP oriented or else why would you take skills like Lethargy, Contempt, Clinging spirit. So, with that assumption, remove 2 points in brutal impact and put 3 into the Inq tree (Afterall, why stay 3 points off of your AOE Fear? Like really). Put them into... 1 Bewilder, 1 Fanaticism, 1 Inner Focus. There, you now have your AOE fear.




    Quote Originally Posted by Loradan View Post
    Ok thank you for this very usefull information.
    Is there a raison (dumb question) that justicar isn't good in my first build ?
    I made it with in mind the thought that I want to be able to defend myself, but also be there to be the healer.

    With my second build, would it be possible to wear medium armor (or what ever they call it in this game) ?

    Give me a single reason why you would need, in a group dungeon setting, to 'defend yourself' ? This isn't a solo game. dungeons aren't solo. This is a group effort. It's not your role to defend yourself, it's the tanks.

    EDIT: Justicar are tanks, OR Semi-DPS/Support healing. They are not offhealers, but support healers&support/off/semiDPS. That's their role. They aren't offhealers, they won't go well with an offhealer build. Read EVERY talent and you can clearly see how these work against eachother.

    Open up http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00an_ and read those two classes top to bottom, together, and you'll see how classes are supposed to co-exist.
    Last edited by Shablo5; 02-02-2011 at 12:58 PM.
    God : Defiant - 50 Cleric - Deepstrike (PVP)

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    11

    Default

    @ Shablo5 = Thanks, I've changed it for my second build. Thanks. Yes my 3th build was meant for possible pvp.

    To answer your question you asked my about protecting yourself, well for Rift I haven't read (might also have over read it) if they will do PVE and PVP on seperate server or both on one server.
    My Cleric build will be vor the pve server and for the pvp server i'm gone try cleric or rogue since pvp is something new to learn for me.
    Last edited by Loradan; 02-02-2011 at 01:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts